Photo

Every thing you want to know about Catholic Ceremony at Grand Caribe Real

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#51 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Nadennec......my ceremony was at the chapel and the reception and cocktail hour on the beach.......this no way in hell stopped me or every other female guest from wearing hot heels during the ceremony! lol..........after the ceremony i changed into wedge flip flops so that my dress wouldnt drag (worked perfectly on the sand!!!) and the girls just stayed barefoot (which looked beautiful!!).............so yea, heels are a must for the chapel lol Fashion-wise that is!

Question for those who are and have gotten married in the Chapel...did yall have a bridal party, and if so what kind of shoes did you and everyone else where. With a destination wedding you automaticall think barefoot or flip flops, ut I dont know if its that appropriate with the ceremony since its still in  "church". Any advice?

#52 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
    • 144 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

I will be doing the same! There's no way I will not be wearing my heels! I wear heels all day everyday!! Especially since I'm only 4'11 :) I'm tiny so u know I gotta wear my heels!! :)

#53 nadennec

nadennec
      • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

My thought exactly! That's what i wanted to do, just wanted to make sure it was acceptable. Thanks ladies!! :)

Nadenne C

#54 simba1234

simba1234
        • 179 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Congrats Yeya...I remember PM'ing with you when you were planning your wedding.  Did you have to do all the mexican traditions?  When I got married at the chapel, I didn't have to do any of the mexican traditions at all.  Did that change? 

#55 KernsWR

KernsWR
          • 60 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Nadennec, I got heels for my bridesmaids for the ceremony and matching flip-flops for pictures on the beach/reception. I got the flip-flops from Old Navy for like $1.50 if you'd want to do that as well!

Simba1234, Did you request not to have the mexican traditions? My culture actually has the same traditions during a Catholic wedding ceremony so I would like to include them for our wedding. Can I talk to the WC and priest about that as it gets closer to the wedding?

For those who already got married in the chapel, did you have music playing during the ceremony? I think the package I chose includes an instrument so I will be requesting a violinist, but my mom thinks there should be music playing or someone singing during the ceremony.. any opinions/suggestions would be great!

#56 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
            • 677 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

I chose a saxophonist....and he played during the ceremony.....they know when to cue in......i didn't choose any songs....I just let them do their thing......

Originally Posted by KernsWR 

Nadennec, I got heels for my bridesmaids for the ceremony and matching flip-flops for pictures on the beach/reception. I got the flip-flops from Old Navy for like $1.50 if you'd want to do that as well!

Simba1234, Did you request not to have the mexican traditions? My culture actually has the same traditions during a Catholic wedding ceremony so I would like to include them for our wedding. Can I talk to the WC and priest about that as it gets closer to the wedding?

For those who already got married in the chapel, did you have music playing during the ceremony? I think the package I chose includes an instrument so I will be requesting a violinist, but my mom thinks there should be music playing or someone singing during the ceremony.. any opinions/suggestions would be great!

#57 nadennec

nadennec
              • 215 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

What did you walk down the aisle to?

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

I chose a saxophonist....and he played during the ceremony.....they know when to cue in......i didn't choose any songs....I just let them do their thing......

Nadenne C

#58 simba1234

simba1234
                • 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by KernsWR 

Hi  - I didn't request to not have Mexican traditions but I also didn't request to have them either.  It was never addressed at all in the planning process.  I remember the coordinator asking me if I wanted to get a seperate bouquet to leave at the Virgin of Guadalupe altar (which I did not) but that was the only Mexican tradition they even asked me about.  Based on Yeya's review, I'm assuming that if you want to have Mexican traditions you can.  I think they're pretty flexible about most things.  I chose all my readings, sent them to the priest ahead of time and he approved all of them.  I also requested a unity candle ceremony and they approved that as well (and I know some catholic priests don't allow them).  Just talk to your WC about it. 

As far as the Music, I just got the basic instrumental pre-recorded music that comes with the package.  I didn't get anything extra.  Music was cued at all the appropriate moments of the ceremony.  You can get instruments and other music if you want. 

#59 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
                  • 677 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Honestly, I never requested anything specific....i can remember from memory that it was instrumental (obviously) and almost similar to the "traditional" down the isle song....... it was beautiful tho!! once i get my video from my cinematographer i will know for sure!

Originally Posted by nadennec 

What did you walk down the aisle to?

#60 Vanessa C

Vanessa C
                    • 144 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

Do we have to bring our own coins and lazo for the traditional Mexican wedding or do they provide these items?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users