Every thing you want to know about Catholic Ceremony at Grand Caribe Real

Info on Readings

When you get the book I mentioned you will see all the readings.  Below are the ones I selected.  They are beautiful and I thought they were very fitting for a wedding celebration because they talk about love!    FYI I also found this website that will help you with the readings  http://catholicweddinghelp.com/topics/readings-rite.htm

I cant stress the book I cant  recommend enogh because its the exact order the priest will follow.

Bellow  are my choices. Still get the book because it will help you organize the order of every thing.

First Reading (Old Testament) during a Catholic wedding

The two of them become one body.

A reading from the Book of Genesis 2:18-24

The Lord God said: “It is not good for the man to be alone.
I will make a suitable partner for him.â€
So the Lord God formed out of the ground
various wild animals and various birds of the air,
and he brought them to the man to see what he would call them;
whatever the man called each of them would be its name.
The man gave names to all the cattle,
all the birds of the air, and all wild animals;
but none proved to be the suitable partner for the man.
So the Lord God cast a deep sleep on the man,
and while he was asleep,
he took out one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.
The Lord God then built up into a woman the rib
that he had taken from the man.
When he brought her to the man, the man said:
“This one, at last, is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
This one shall be called ‘woman,â€
for out of ‘her man†this one has been taken.â€
That is why a man leaves his father and mother
and clings to his wife,
and the two of them become one body.
The word of the Lord

First Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians 13:4-8

Second Reading (New Testament) during a Catholic wedding

I do not have love, I gain nothing.

A reading from the first Letter of Saint Paul to the Corinthians 12:31–13:8a

Brothers and sisters:
Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts.
But I shall show you a still more excellent way.
If I speak in human and angelic tongues
but do not have love,
I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy
and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge;
if I have all faith so as to move mountains,
but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own,
and if I hand my body over so that I may boast
but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind.
It is not jealous, is not pompous,
it is not inflated, it is not rude,
it does not seek its own interests,
it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing
but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.
The word of the Lord.

My Gospel 

They are no longer two, but one flesh.

A reading from the holy Gospel according to Mark 10:6-9

Jesus said:
“From the beginning of creation,
God made them male and female.
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother
and be joined to his wife,
and the two shall become one flesh.
So they are no longer two but one flesh.
Therefore what God has joined together,
no human being must separate.â€
The Gospel of the Lord.

you enough to get it If not get it frto

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok I just saw the video of my whole mass!!!! I jotted down in detail how it will all play out! The following guide is how all Catholic weddings are done  in Mexico so any bride can use it as a guide not just the ladies getting married at the Grand Carible Real Chapel.  Please note *place unity candle set on the alter before the mass starts!

Catholic Nuptial Mass.

Groom in the alter

Wedding party walks in

Bride walks in

Greeting

The priest greets the assembly, and the people respond

Penitential Rite

The priest invites the assembly to repent of their sins, and leads them in doing so.

Opening Prayer

The priest invites the assembly to pray, then offers one of several possible prayers for the bride and groom.(you choose the opening prayer you like from the book)

At the conclusion of the prayer priests asks, the assembly is seated for the Liturgy of the Word.

Then all 3 people doing the readings  come forth and do their respective readings. *Make  the people you have chosen to participate in the mass are sit on the first or second pew in on the left side next to podium and mic.   

Person  1 says ( First Reading  of your choice. Suggested reaings in the the book I mentioned: Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin .)

First Reading

The first reading (from the Old Testament) is proclaimed by the lector. At the conclusion of the reading, the lector says, "The Word of the Lord," and the assembly responds, "Thanks be to God."

Person 2  says (Responsorial Palsm  of your choice. Suggested Responsorial Palsm are in the book I mentioned:  Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin)

This is often sang in church but the person in your wedding can read it and the assembly replys with what ever words they state.

3 Person says (Second reading of your choice. Suggested readings in the the book I mentioned: Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin

Second Reading

The second reading (from a book of the New Testament other than the Gospel) is proclaimed by the lector. At the conclusion of the reading, the lector says, "The Word of the Lord," and the assembly responds, "Thanks be to God.

Gospel Acclimation

At the end of the second reading that same person says  The gospel acclimation, it is about one sentence long.   You also choose this from the the book : Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin. At the end of saying the Acclamation they say ҠAlleluia Alleluiaâ€(except during Lent, when another acclamation is used, if your getting married during lent ask the priest what to say intead of alleluia).

Then all three participaents go back to their seat.

Gospel ( you chose gospel from the book I mentioned: Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin

Every one stands for the  Gospel. Priest says the gospel,then he aks every one to be seated and he will talk a little bit about the gospel.

THEN THE BIG MOMENT

Vows exchanged ( priests comes up to bride and goom and ask you to stand and you exchange vows. ( In our meeting with the priest the day before the wedding, the priesttold us that it is in this moment that you become husband and wife, this is when the magic happens! )

*Make sure the people giving you the gifts sit in the  second or third pew to make things easier.

After vows are exchanged priests asked the person with the rings to come to the alter algon with every one else that is giving the gifts to the couple. Rings, ( bible&  rosary, lasso,* arras = gold coins)  Person giving the unity candle does not need to come forward as the unity candle will be in the alter.  (Unity candle set should be placed in the alter before the mass starts.) The  priests then blesses everything and then every one else stands aside or takes a sit till they are  called again.  Only the person with the rings stays next to the grooms side.

Rings are are exchanged

Arras Then priests ask for the arras- couple or person giving the gold coins takes then out of their little container and  gives them the groom.  Priests  tells the groom what to say as he pours the coins into prides cuped hands. Then the priests tells the bride wha to respond.    Bride then gives the coins back to the person giving them to you and they place them back in their container. Then they take their seat and give you the arras to keep  at the end of mass.

Bible and rosary -Priests then asks for the bible and rosary you both place your hands of the bible and rosary. He says a little prayer.  Then the person takes the bible back and again gives it to you at the end of mass.

Unity Candle- Priests then guides bride and groom to each grap a small candle from your unity candle set and to light the larger pillar together.  (this is a sign of you being two and becoming one)There will be two larger candles buring on each side of the table alter during the mass, you both dip your candle into the flame to light your small candles and then light your unity pillar together.

Priests will ask Bride and Groom to have a seat

Lasso-Priests then asks for the lasso. *the married couple that you chose to be your marriage god parents then come forward  and and they place the lasso around you and they go back to their seat. You will keep the lasso on.   Priests then continues with the rest of the regular mass:

Offerings

Peace be with you (when its time for the peace be with you, the lasso sponsors should come up and remove the lasso and they give it to you at the end of mass.

Communion

Clossing prayer

You may kiss the bride! (every one claps)

Singing of marrige certificate - Bride and groom and four witnesses come to the alter.Groom sings certificate, then bride, then your two lasso sponsors, then your two other witnesses.

Bride grabs the buquet she will offer to the virgin Mary.

Then priests makes and exit (Wedding March begins!)

I used bubbles for the guests to blow at us  when we walked out since the chapel was in front of the ocean!

Married couple makes the exit . As you walk out you both head to the Virgin statue in the back of the chapel. 

Bouquet offering (Ave Maria will be playing while you make your offering.  Bride and groom walk to the virgn statue and make the bouqet offering! Bride kneels says her own little prayer  while groom stands next to her.  Then you get up and  voila  ITS ALL OVER!

Picture & Party time!!!!

I hope this helps you!!!!  Iknow I had all these question in my head freaking out  how in the world every thing will play out. Since there are no rehersals and you know how it will play out maybe you can have  mock rehersal where ever you wish.

Yes you have to provide the bible. That is for the new married couple to keep so that the word of God is always in your house.

If you check my very first post under  under Bold letters You Will Need I wrote in detail everything you need to provide. Rememberyou donâ€t buy these things yourself .These are gifts given to the married couple by friends or loved ones.  If you decided to make Ceremony Programs, you can include each sponsors name. Maybe in the program you can include a little small explanation of what each thing means. You could also include, the readings, gospel, Responsorial Psalm and songs.   If I had known the order of my mass I would have done so. Unfortunately I did not learn all the order until 1 day before the wedding when I had my meeting with the priest. LOL so I had no time do a program. 

I was only armed with my readings and I knew the quartet I hired was showing up to play the song they sent me during the ceremony. Thankfully my sponsors showed up and they brought the things we asked from each one of them. The rest we just went along with.  Whoever you ask to give you these marriage gifts make sure they are responsible people and will not forget to bring their item! LOL

Sponsors You Needed

Lasso-You have to ask 1 married couple that whom you think has a nice solid marriage to be your Lasso sponsors. (They will be known as your marriage God parents)

Bible and Rosary- One person to be your bible and rosary sponsor

Arras- One person or it can be a married couple also to be your Arras( gold coins) sponsor

Unity Candle Set. -One person to be your unity candle set sponsor

*make sure that your unity candle set comes with a candle holder if not your going to have to  have to buy it separately. The person that I asked to be my  unity candle sponsor was unable to go to my wedding so they gave me the Unity candle set 1 day before I left for Cancun. I noticed that the Candle set did not come with a candle holder so I went to party city to buy one.  Michaels craft store has some really nice ones but pricier.  I got mine for around 7 bucks at party city. Pleas donâ€t forget to buy the candle set holder or else you wont have a way of holding up the two small candles.

You can find Unity Candle sets and Unity Candle set Holders  at Party City, Michaels, Target, Wal-Mart

This place does really nice personalized Unity Candles where they can engrave your names on the set.

http://www.personalizedweddingcandle.com/unity_candles_1092_ctg.html

Bibles and rosaries you can find in the little store they have in your local parish. 

Also this place sells candle sets, wedding lasso, bibles and rosaries.

http://www.catholiccompany.com/catholic-marriage-c23/

http://www.michaels.com/Silver-Heart-Candle-Holders/wd0628,default,pd.html?start=8&cgid=products-wedding-weddingdayaccessories

Arras- if you dont know where to get the arras just google it. If you live close to a hispanic community you can get then in a hispanic wedding shop LOL

or try

http://www.lacrafts.com/accessories-aras.html?gclid=CI66pt6MoacCFcqs7Qod1FhJPA

Amazon and Ebay

OMG I JUST FOUND THESE Mini bible wedding favors,( usually given at the end of mass)  oh man I wish i had found these before I got married!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wedding-Party-Favors-Mini-Holy-Bible-LOT-60-New-/320505967358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4a9fa4f2fe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

Did you have to bring the unity candle to mexico? or do the preist provide it??

Just want to make sure........we are prociding everyhting? including that bible in your photos? Thanks!!!

English and Spanish Mass.

I donâ€t think many of you will have this problem but in my case but I did so Iâ€m throwing it out there so you know you have an option available if you find your self in my situation.

If you have the problem where some of your guests only speak Spanish and some only speak English you can have a bilingual services.  We had one reading in Spanish one in English *thankfully I was given the two books Together for life by Joseph M. Champlin in English and one in Spanish from my parish and with this I prepared to have a cross bilingual services. We did not translate anything. We just had  the first reading and Responsorial Palsm in Spanish and  the second reading and gospel acclimation  in English. The priest said the opening prayer in Spanish and did the rest in English. He did the full Gospel in English but said a few short words for our Spanish speaking guests.   Father Eugenio is very flexible and will do some parts in English and some in Spanish that way every one feels included, just tell him what you want. We discussed this during our meeting with him the day before.  It was all perfectly fine. =0)

Our vows were in English, but when he gave me the arras he asked the priest to read that part in Spanish for my family! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww He read it fine without even practicing it was so cute in his little British accept!  I loved it!

Have you gotten you tranffer letter sent in yet? Make sure you tell your WC that you want a bilingual priest, so they make sure they book him for your wedding. I remember he told my husband and in December 1 day before the year was over that, 2011 had not even come in yet and they had already gave him a list of weddings that the had to preform the next year!  Dont drop the ball on that if you will want a strictly English or Bilingual service! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

OMG YOU ARE AWESOME!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I am spanish and my BF is not so this will totally help!!!!!!