Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beachesSB1412

Pics of Beaches Sandy Bay & Negril Available

Recommended Posts

Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures. I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything. So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived. I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person. I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is the "free rehearsal dinner"?
 

Originally Posted by 1783lovely View Post

Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days
Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures.
I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything.
So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived.
I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person.
I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do they provide for the dinner? Is it private?!?

Originally Posted by 1783lovely View Post

When you have 10 people booked under wedding party they provided rehearsal dinner for two hours


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


YOU ARE AMAZING!, and soo helpful.I am on a limited budget as well. A lot of ladies have told me not to feel presure to book as well because they will try and pressure me into things. I did have another question though. If you stay 6 nights or more isn't the BB package free?
 

Originally Posted by stluciabound View Post

Hey ladies! @Future MrzMalone: My friend was working with a pretty limited budget and a fairly small guest list (about 12 or so) and did the BB theme with a one hour reception. She used a hybrid of a dj and their Ipod. It came out great! The h'ourderves (I know I spelled that totally wrong, sorry ;) were very good, they had champagne ready for all of us, the servers/bartenders were excellent and attentive (I think there was almost more of them than us!!). They made everything very personal,included some local Jamaican touches, and provided a microphone for speeches. I really can't say a bad thing about any of it. For her situation I thought the timing was fine, they kept everything flowing but we never felt rushed. We all then went to the fancier of the restaurants and all sat together and had an excellent meal. Depending on the amount of guests you are having and how important it is to you to have your dinner very private, the 2 hour may be the better option. I am sure the 3 hour is very nice,but honestly, with how much fun the resort is I don't know that it would be worth the extra money, unless of course you really had a lot of guests. For our wedding next April I think I am aiming for the 2 hour with a steel drum band (just spoke with another bride who really enjoyed them, and they do play everything current and any requests). I am also going to do the BB theme, but with upgrades such as a flower petal aisle, arch, and paper lanterns, etc. I think it is a lot more economical especially since the other themes are $500 each added table whereas BB is only $100. That way you only pay for what is really important to you and plus you can mix and match. Also, don't let them pressure you into booking ASAP, because they are going to want deposits and payments, which is silly considering it is never too late to add anything, even once you arrive!

 

On a side note,I don't know how many of you had had the opportunity to visit any Sandals or Beaches resorts before, but you are in for a treat. This will be my third trip and I am hooked. From the moment you arrive with a silver platter of champagne and cool wash cloths during check-in, to how special they make you feel at every encounter, you won't want to come home. I know I never do when I am there and am always planning my next trip in my mind before I even leave. I know I mentioned it before, but try to make your way to Rick's Cafe and the Catamaran cruise, they were so awesome! We also did the ziplining, which was a blast. Congrats and good luck to all of you and let me know if you have any other questions!!! cheesy.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Sllefebvr the free rehersal dinner is just like a dinner we would have back at home, I think. Except I think it is private. Stluciabound please feel free to chime in and correct me if I am wrong. :-) Also I meant to response to your question about my rates. So were are going in Decemeber of next year and because it's consider "peak season" your rates might be different. I locked in the group rate of 803.00 pp for a single 504.00 pp for a double, 425.00 pp for a triple and 385.00 per person for the quad. I do know a lovely lady on this board by the name of onelovemon got something different because she is going in in July. So I think it depends on the time you are traveling. :-) If you have a TA already ask him/and her to see if they can get a quote for next Junes prices I am ALMOST positive that they could. :-)

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

What exactly is the "free rehearsal dinner"?
 



 



1783 Lovely... LOVE IT!!!!! I love all your ideas for your wedding and they seem very cost effective. :-) Welcome to our board. :-) I can't wait until you come back. As far as ott bags there was a thread on here that one of the ladies started a while back showing us her oot bags that she made. She basically put things in there that were simple to find back her in the US but not over in Jamaica, or that was super expensive. For example made them all personalized door hangers, she put pepto bismol, tums and tylenol in their baga as well. She also put in sunscreen and bandaids. She said that her guest loved it. Those would be some ideas. I think it really depends on what things you want to go in there as far as like fun things such as favors or just simple things. I hope this helps. :-)



Originally Posted by 1783lovely View Post

Hello I am getting married in on september 3, 2011 at beaches sandy bay. I am leaving on the 31 and arriving on 1 I can"t wait . I have 20 booked so we getting the free rehearsal dinner . When I started planning I choose the bb package then later I choose the flutter romance package it made sense to me because the colors of my wedding are fuschia and turquoise. But now as of today I think it was a waste I could have made it work with the bb package. I was going to use there photography package for $1400 but i decided this week to use my own photography which was a better deal . I booked him for three days
Friday for the dinner, saturday the wedding day and suday am planning on taking my guests on a party cruise so he will take picture for that too. For his air + hotel and his price he charging came up to $ 1600 which is a great deal and am getting more pictures.
I choose the two hours reception which is 50 dollars a person including the bride and groom. So for 20 people we paided about $1000 , we booked the dj for 2 hrs. $500 . Music and entertainment is important to me so I decided on the two hours dj this week. I am bring many other items with me to add to the wedding and that is$ 250 for them to set up for you. We have to get 2 additional table which that was $200 so depending on how many guests you have you are going to need more tables, 1 table for free. Bages of roses for the beach $ 60.00 added cupcakes because I love cupcakes 2 dozen for $72. 8 tiki torchrses for $120. So that is a break down of my wedding , when I get back I will write a review and I will take pics Of everything.
So chole was my wedding planning she was pretty good nice but hard to get on the phone. Had to email more . These last couple of weeks really hard to get her because she was sick. You do not have to pay everything off ex flowers 60 days for wedding you can pay when you arrived.
I am giving my guests ot bags and paying for a cruise for sunday which is 50 dollars a person.
I can't wait I would love to get ideas because I only have two weeks can't believe it .

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the length of time for the stay with those prices? I'm actually getting married in 2013 so they won't give me prices until this December.. It stinks!!
 

Originally Posted by FutureMrzMalone View Post



Sllefebvr the free rehersal dinner is just like a dinner we would have back at home, I think. Except I think it is private. Stluciabound please feel free to chime in and correct me if I am wrong. :-) Also I meant to response to your question about my rates. So were are going in Decemeber of next year and because it's consider "peak season" your rates might be different. I locked in the group rate of 803.00 pp for a single 504.00 pp for a double, 425.00 pp for a triple and 385.00 per person for the quad. I do know a lovely lady on this board by the name of onelovemon got something different because she is going in in July. So I think it depends on the time you are traveling. :-) If you have a TA already ask him/and her to see if they can get a quote for next Junes prices I am ALMOST positive that they could. :-)



1783 Lovely... LOVE IT!!!!! I love all your ideas for your wedding and they seem very cost effective. :-) Welcome to our board. :-) I can't wait until you come back. As far as ott bags there was a thread on here that one of the ladies started a while back showing us her oot bags that she made. She basically put things in there that were simple to find back her in the US but not over in Jamaica, or that was super expensive. For example made them all personalized door hangers, she put pepto bismol, tums and tylenol in their baga as well. She also put in sunscreen and bandaids. She said that her guest loved it. Those would be some ideas. I think it really depends on what things you want to go in there as far as like fun things such as favors or just simple things. I hope this helps. :-)





 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



The length of stay is for 3 nights 4 days. They will arrive on the 7th and leave on the 10th. Although you are getting married in 2013 they still would have the rates for next year so that way you can see what the estimate during that specific month. My TA was able to get me next years rate back in like May. Which was almost 20 months before my wedding date. She also just looked for Decmember 2011 rates and gave me a rough estimate.

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

What is the length of time for the stay with those prices? I'm actually getting married in 2013 so they won't give me prices until this December.. It stinks!!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say "wedding party' are you referring to bridesmaid, groomsman etc? If so then what if you don't have a wedding party? I am not having one. I was told that you could use that as your welcome dinner. Is that true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×