Photo

Palace weddings guest pass

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amh777

amh777
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:39 PM

Does anyone know how the payment for the guest passes work? Will the person have to pay the guest pass fee when they arrive for the wedding, or do they tack it on to your wedding bill with the resort? Thanks!

#2 karebear79

karebear79
    • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

My wedding coordinator told me the other day that they will add it to the bill for my room.

#3 michellerod2009

michellerod2009
      • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

once the guests that aren't staying at the resort arrive they check in at the front desk and pay for the pass, however, if the bride and groom are paying for the passes then its added on to their bill.

#4 amh777

amh777
        • 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by michellerod2009 

once the guests that aren't staying at the resort arrive they check in at the front desk and pay for the pass, however, if the bride and groom are paying for the passes then its added on to their bill.

Wow this is great news! My boss and his whole brood will be staying at another resort and I dont want to have to foot the bill for all them to come to MY wedding! Especially when HE makes $300k/yr!! LOL

#5 blondy

blondy
          • 133 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by amh777 

Wow this is great news! My boss and his whole brood will be staying at another resort and I dont want to have to foot the bill for all them to come to MY wedding! Especially when HE makes $300k/yr!! LOL

Just keep in mind that Palace Resorts usually have a standard clause in their contracts saying that only a max of 20% of wedding guests can be offsite (even if you are willing to pay for everyone's day pass).

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#6 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, I read that clause written into my contract as well.  However, it seems just like everything else when it comes to Palace Resorts weddings, it is negotiable.  If you have 30 people coming to your wedding, only 6 of them are able to stay at another resort and purchase a day pass for the wedding.  Those are the rules anyway.  And I understand they want as many guests to say on property as possible.  And thats fine with me!  However, I find it very hard to believe, they are going to turn away the $100 per person for a wedding day pass for just about anyone and everyone that may want to come on the day of the wedding.  The 'rule' seems like an easy way to deter people from allowing thier guests to stay off property, however in the end, I would be willing to bet they will let in anyone who wants to pay $100 to see the wedding and enjoy the reception. 

#7 blondy

blondy
              • 133 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Agreed.

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

Yeah, I read that clause written into my contract as well.  However, it seems just like everything else when it comes to Palace Resorts weddings, it is negotiable.  If you have 30 people coming to your wedding, only 6 of them are able to stay at another resort and purchase a day pass for the wedding.  Those are the rules anyway.  And I understand they want as many guests to say on property as possible.  And thats fine with me!  However, I find it very hard to believe, they are going to turn away the $100 per person for a wedding day pass for just about anyone and everyone that may want to come on the day of the wedding.  The 'rule' seems like an easy way to deter people from allowing thier guests to stay off property, however in the end, I would be willing to bet they will let in anyone who wants to pay $100 to see the wedding and enjoy the reception. 

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users