Photo

great bridesmaid gift idea + cheap website to buy them - SARONGS!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:00 PM

turns out i had picky BMs. one of them LOVED their sarong. another said it was nice but also commented twice that it was very "bright" - but also wore it a couple of times.  and another, more overweight BM said she can only wear her black sarong.  the last BM said she liked it, but didnt wear it all week because she left it in her welcome bag all week.

#22 missmeliss

missmeliss
    • 172 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

great idea

November 26th 2011 - Gran Bahai Principe Jamacia
      Booked: 31 Adults + 5 children + Bride and Groom!!!

#23 Brenners

Brenners
      • 807 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

Did you feel it was worthwhile buying them?  Would you do it again or choose something different?

Originally Posted by PurpleUnicorn 

turns out i had picky BMs. one of them LOVED their sarong. another said it was nice but also commented twice that it was very "bright" - but also wore it a couple of times.  and another, more overweight BM said she can only wear her black sarong.  the last BM said she liked it, but didnt wear it all week because she left it in her welcome bag all week.

#24 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
        • 305 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

i think i would still do it again. as for the BM who said she can only wear her black one, not sure what i would do for her (my sister and MOH).  maybe i could have got her something else, but i got her one i really thought she would like. i asked them all their fave colors in advance but didnt tell them why and got each BM a different color.  so it would have been hard to predict how they would like it or not.

Originally Posted by Brenners 

Did you feel it was worthwhile buying them?  Would you do it again or choose something different?

#25 Brenners

Brenners
          • 807 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Thanks.  I will secretly feel out my bridesmaids on their thoughts (without them knowing!) and go from there. 

#26 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Great site! I'll have to look into those!

#27 ellenj01

ellenj01
            • 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I guess you can't win them all, can you!  Regardless, it was a cute idea, and very sweet of you!

Originally Posted by PurpleUnicorn 

i think i would still do it again. as for the BM who said she can only wear her black one, not sure what i would do for her (my sister and MOH).  maybe i could have got her something else, but i got her one i really thought she would like. i asked them all their fave colors in advance but didnt tell them why and got each BM a different color.  so it would have been hard to predict how they would like it or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users