Done with every forum except BDW!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Why is every wedding planning forum out there nasty and negative?!? Shouldn't this be a positive experience?!?

I'm so done with every forum except for this one. People are rude, and dictate etiquette that I've never heard of, call me selfish for asking my guests to pay their own effing travel expenses. Where the hell does it say that we should pay for an inside cabin for every guest (cruise wedding) and two nights and travel (destination wedding)??

And it wasn't even a bride that did this, it was some MOB/FOB (not sure) poking their nose into a conversation that had nothing to do with travel expenses!! calling every bride on the forum selfish and "needing an eye-opener" for asking guests to travel at their own expense!!!

Ugh, I am so disgusted with every wedding planning forum out there except for BDW. Thank goodness I found this place - there is actually positivity, intelligence and support!! Thank you to the administration for keeping this place running. you ladies rock :-)

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

well, it is one of the reasons BDW was started.  too many forums allow "trolls"....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:57 AM

very true. I just am so blown away by how NASTY some people can be. I have been planning every friggin aspect of my wedding based on how to make it the best vacation possible for my guests. Never once have I said "it's MY day." Wedding Etiquette is subjective, but general manners, kindness and compassion are not.

Thanks again for having all of us here, Tammy!! I think most of us would say that we would have no idea what we were doing without BDW.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#4 ~Nicole~

~Nicole~
      • 4,512 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by acireta 

very true. I just am so blown away by how NASTY some people can be. I have been planning every friggin aspect of my wedding based on how to make it the best vacation possible for my guests. Never once have I said "it's MY day." Wedding Etiquette is subjective, but general manners, kindness and compassion are not.

Thanks again for having all of us here, Tammy!! I think most of us would say that we would have no idea what we were doing without BDW.

Yup, so true.  I would have been completely lost!  And while different perspectives are welcome here, downright uncalled for comments aren't tolerated.  Happy planning :)

*Formerly Nikki07*
        My Planning Thread

#5 morgan7

morgan7
        • 219 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:41 PM

i feel fortunate that this is the first place that i found. im still new here but im addicted. there is just so much to learn! im so lucky to have found all of you ladies

#6 islandbride8

islandbride8
          • 315 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

if it weren't for bdw i would've thrown the towel in a LOOONG time ago and ended up at the justice of the peace!

#7 zbwedding

zbwedding
            • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

I am so thankful that I found this Forum... so helpful!  It's stinks trying to get up to 150 posts though, but I totally understand why... and learning a lot while I try to get my posts up!  lol

#8 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
              • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

I totally agree with the comment on the 150 posts. It's a pain but I understand why they do it. It's making  me read and comment a lot more than I normal would.

#9 yunric

yunric
                • 93 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

I agree I have learned so much here. Sharing ideas and venting has been invaluable!

#10 sgreen99

sgreen99
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 187 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:32 AM

I couldn't agree more with this!!  I made the mistake of attempting to join a Knot forum and the women were just viscous, I couldn't believe it!  There was actually a disclaimer in the rules before you join to understand that they allow this snark to go on, and if you're easily offended YOU should be the one to leave   Not cool IMO.

I absolutely love this forum, it has been nothing but helpful so far and I know it will be such a  treasure in my next year of planning!  I'm so thankful that everyone on here is so helpful and actually has there eye on the point of this forum:  to share helpful info, not to be snarky and b*tchy when someone asks a questions. 

Cheers to all of you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users