38 replies to this topic

#31 megthomson

megthomson
  • 258 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 5, 2014
  • Wedding Location:The Beach!
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

Beaches had a honeymoon registry that was very easy to set up. We registered for things like a romantic dinner on the beach, wine upgrades (even though AI we l
Enjoy wines but not the "house brand" Braches uses so will buy separately off a separate menu), finishing trips....things of all price ranges.

In addition I think we will do one for Macy's and just do towels, beach towels, and small things like that. I'm 35 and he's 46 and we own a home with everything we need. People really want to get a gift though even if not attending which is just so amazing to us. I was married before but he was not and friends still want to give me a shower.

#32 REP

REP
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

thanks for post

#33 Make2dayAmazing

Make2dayAmazing
    • 164 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe Tropical
    • LocationDominican Republic

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

have you thought of a honeymoon registry instead?

Travelers Joy Honeymoon Registry

Honeymoon Wishes Registry

Wow, I must have been out of the loop I have never heard of this...this is something to look into instead of the traditional registry! Thanks for sharing :)

#34 kbride2014

kbride2014
    • 175 posts
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

Make sure to register for practical items, like sheets, towels, maybe some new kitchen utensils or serve ware that you don't have! I agree with keeping the costs per item relatively low when you are having a destination wedding because they are already paying a lot in the first place!

#35 amarie4713

amarie4713
      • 324 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm still up in the air on if we'll register at all. 

Now Jade Bride on November 21, 2014

Planning Thread: http://www.bestdesti...read/?p=1875447

#36 talicea7812

talicea7812
      • 416 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
      • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

my fiancĂ© and I are in the same boat. we've been together for years and have everything we need.  we set up the honeymoon registry...which is actually helping to fund our wedding stay.  we are both under-employed so a wedding is a huge hardship.  I know some of the family prefer to buy gifts...however, we are very non-traditional and we are sticking to our guns.  I love the idea of the honeymoon registry.  When it comes to the shower we don't have to sit there and open a bunch of household items in front of people who are bored.  No boxed gifts will allow us more time to spend with the guests...bc lets face it...we rarely have the opportunity to get together.  plus...what we need most at this time is help with the wedding.  it is the  beginning of our married lives together. 

Ive developed the attitude that I don't care what the guests think about the registry.  the wedding and shower are about my fiancĂ© and I.  therefore people should respect what we ask for and not make a big fuss over it.

#37 kdnolan

kdnolan
      • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

I haven't decided what to do yet.... My bridesmaids are throwing me a shower so and my work girls are doing the same, I think I might just let people buy what they want and can afford......

#38 amy330

amy330
        • 152 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Dream Riviera Cancun
        • LocationPuerto Morale, Mexico

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

We did a honeyfund, a honeymoon registry, and a traditional with very few things for traditionalists.

#39 megan224

megan224
        • 155 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 27, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Punta cana,
        • LocationMajestic elegance

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

We also did not want to register but decided after talking to people that people will want to give a gift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users