April 2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#81 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:41 AM

We had to do the first week of April because my best friend is a teacher and that will be her Spring Break. The cruise rate was a bit higher than other weeks (by about $100pp) and I expect flights to be a bit expensive also unfortunately, we'll see when the rates come out next month! 

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#82 Maritza919

Maritza919
    • 421 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Our wedding is April 7th 2012. I am going to send out my invitations in June of this year so everyone has enough time to book I hope airfare isn't going to be too crazy. I'm hoping between $300-$500. Obviously those who book closer to the date will pay more for airfare. But I won't worry about that :).

#83 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

How long of a time are you giving your guests to RSVP by? I am going to send out invites JuneJuly and am not sure when I should have my responses by. (Hoping that everyone does it too!)

Originally Posted by Maritza919 

Our wedding is April 7th 2012. I am going to send out my invitations in June of this year so everyone has enough time to book I hope airfare isn't going to be too crazy. I'm hoping between $300-$500. Obviously those who book closer to the date will pay more for airfare. But I won't worry about that :).

#84 IliaPSU

IliaPSU
        • 67 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I was thinking of sending my invites out in mid-June.  But I have read on multiple posts here that people don't RSVP as often for destination weddings, so I was thinking to skip the formal RSVP and instead direct them to our website to RSVP and provide my phone number as an alternate.  Everyone I am inviting is close enough to us that I figure it is fine to be a little more informal.  Or is that tacky?

Excellence Playa Mujeres - 4.13.12

#85 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

That's exactly what we're doing Llia! I think its fine, as long as everyone has a way to contact you in case they don't have Internet like older relatives maybe. But phone would work in that situation!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#86 Maritza919

Maritza919
            • 421 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

How long of a time are you giving your guests to RSVP by? I am going to send out invites JuneJuly and am not sure when I should have my responses by. (Hoping that everyone does it too!)

I am going to have September as an RSVP date. My family knows about the wedding and we sent out the STD's a year in advance. I have a wedding website but not sure if I am going to fill our every single section. My fianc© and I have known each other since elementary school and have been dating for 9 years so the history part of the website is redundant. Everyone knows our story :). I think we're going to do the regular RSVP. Is anyone putting their meal selection on their RSVP? I have to let my wc know before hand. It may be a long RSVP since I'm asking if they will be attending how many, where the will be staying and also their meal selection. So much for a simple yes or no lol.

#87 swojdyla

swojdyla
              • 184 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

My TA told me that the 2 weeks before Easter and the 2 weeks after Easter are considered peak season and hotels and airlines raise their prices. That's why I advoided that time. Best of luck to all of you!!

#88 DeeBrideToBe

DeeBrideToBe
                • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Good luck with booking your trips ladies, I know for me it was a huge weight off my shoulders once everything was booked and confirmed. We sent out STD's in February which gave everyone 14 months notice, and we'll send out invites around September. I think we'll ask for people to RSVP by January-ish. Some of my family can only book their holidays three months ahead. It seems like it's so far away but hopefully it'll go by quickly!!

#89 Ali12

Ali12
                  • 216 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

We avoided that week as well as prices are higher. Sending out invites July/august and not sure when our deadline will be.
                    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#90 kris9685

kris9685
                    • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

I'm an April 2012 bride as well- 4/21/12! Now that it's less than a year I feel like things are finally kicking into gear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users