April 2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#211 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

yeah, that would be awesome to share a day with someone

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#212 Essential0929

Essential0929
    • 236 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

Congratulations!!!

Originally Posted by roxy1627 

Hi All April 2012 Brides!!

I am getting married Apr 12, 2012 at the Gran Bahia Jamaica!!

#213 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
      • 281 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

In the last pm she sent me she asked if I was from Florida and I said nooo, I'm from Nova Scotia Canada and I think it scared her away.. lol

For cruise weddings you don't do a lot of decorating yourself (well I guess you could but they can use their own stuff and I have so much frigging OOT stuff just bringing my cake topper and wedding gear will be more then enough luggage). I've been on cruises before where you see a bride getting ready to get married in one of the ports.. but my wedding will be before the ship leaves Florida, not in one of the scheduled ports, a) because Florida is easier to get married in and B) I didn't want to leave on a cruise and then spend the first couple of days worrying about the wedding details - this way it will be done on the first day and then we depart for a week of celebration :)

Cool beans to share wedding dates :D we're less then 10 months out now eeek.. I really have to concentrate on getting $ to the travel agent again, I was hoping to be done paying well in advance of when we HAVE to be done paying but life has come up.. both of our vehicles needed car inspection this month and both needed some work done beforehand.. then the weekend before inspection when I thought I had everything taken care of a rock pinged my windshield and it turned into a big crack.. so had to shell out another $300 for a new windshield to pass inspection! Eeee.. and I was planning to go to the US in late August to go to David's Bridal to try on a dress I've been loving online..

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
        ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#214 swojdyla

swojdyla
        • 184 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

WOW a wedding on a cruise ship that sounds so cool! Best of luck!!

#215 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

DAMMM now that was a bad week! but you still have 10 months to payeverything off, dont worrie to much...just stay ways from trees and boulders from now on lol

Good luck!

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

In the last pm she sent me she asked if I was from Florida and I said nooo, I'm from Nova Scotia Canada and I think it scared her away.. lol

For cruise weddings you don't do a lot of decorating yourself (well I guess you could but they can use their own stuff and I have so much frigging OOT stuff just bringing my cake topper and wedding gear will be more then enough luggage). I've been on cruises before where you see a bride getting ready to get married in one of the ports.. but my wedding will be before the ship leaves Florida, not in one of the scheduled ports, a) because Florida is easier to get married in and B) I didn't want to leave on a cruise and then spend the first couple of days worrying about the wedding details - this way it will be done on the first day and then we depart for a week of celebration :)

Cool beans to share wedding dates :D we're less then 10 months out now eeek.. I really have to concentrate on getting $ to the travel agent again, I was hoping to be done paying well in advance of when we HAVE to be done paying but life has come up.. both of our vehicles needed car inspection this month and both needed some work done beforehand.. then the weekend before inspection when I thought I had everything taken care of a rock pinged my windshield and it turned into a big crack.. so had to shell out another $300 for a new windshield to pass inspection! Eeee.. and I was planning to go to the US in late August to go to David's Bridal to try on a dress I've been loving online..

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#216 J-me

J-me
            • 398 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Sorry just saw this for some reason! :(

Still in the design phase of them - my lady (Cleverly Invite) is great, but these 'custom' invites are taking forevverrrr....lol....I'm starting to wish I had gone the DIY passport or ordered them online/from a stationer! I'm trying to reel in bridezilla & be patient :) I'll definitely post them as soon as I have the final proof!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

J-ME

How are the invites going? I cant wait to see them after they come in how many did you finally decide on?

#217 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

im sure they will be worth the wait..... how is the rest of the planning stuff going?

Originally Posted by J-me 

Sorry just saw this for some reason! :(

Still in the design phase of them - my lady (Cleverly Invite) is great, but these 'custom' invites are taking forevverrrr....lol....I'm starting to wish I had gone the DIY passport or ordered them online/from a stationer! I'm trying to reel in bridezilla & be patient :) I'll definitely post them as soon as I have the final proof!

#218 J-me

J-me
                • 398 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Great thanks! Just trying to get some quotes and finalize a DJ and hair/makeup team, as well as looking at BM dresses. Where are you with everything?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

im sure they will be worth the wait..... how is the rest of the planning stuff going?

#219 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Well. I had almost all my DIY projects done huge list that came to 20 projects.....but my laptop broke on me and I lost some of my stuff

Great thanks! Just trying to get some quotes and finalize a DJ and hair/makeup team, as well as looking at BM dresses. Where are you with everything?

#220 NicMatt

NicMatt
                    • 12 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi all! We are getting married 04/19/12 at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya and then spending our honeymoon at Secrets Maroma. I sent out the STDs in June and so far my 4 bridesmaids have booked along with 11 other people. Unfortunately, none of them have been from my FI's side. He isn't panicking but I'm starting to. I know we have plenty of time but I would like to know some of his family/friends are coming.

I am glad that I started reading this forum because I hadn't even thought about a photographer yet. It has now made it to the top of my list!

Can't wait to start planning and to hear about your experiences!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users