• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#191 J-me

J-me
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Welcome Essence & congrats!! :)

Originally Posted by Essential0929 

Hi!!! I'm Essence, and I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm getting married April 28, 2012 at the Cancun Palace. I just sent out my DIY postcard STDs last week and all of our guests have received them. I'm so excited, it's all starting to feel real now!

#192 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:12 AM

J-Me,

We sent out invites to all of our guests that we sent STD's too even if they said no at that time.  #1.  We didn't want anyone to feel excluded #2. The invites are special to us and the people are special so *we* wanted to include everyone and #3. They will be more apt to still feel like a part of your day even though they can't actually be there.

Originally Posted by J-me 

Need some insight ladies: I'm working with my invitation lady and I'm not sure the quantity to order - I sent out 76 save the dates in April and while I've heard from several people that DO plan to come, I haven't heard yes's or no's from the majority of my group (other than the 'we got your save the dates! Yay!' type thing).

So after sending STDs, I hear that it's best to send invites to just the people you know are coming and not send one to those you know aren't coming (I like this idea too - not to sound cheap, but it saves time & $ too). So if I haven't heard a solid 'no' from anyone yet, should I just order the same quantity as what I mailed for my STDs? Or should I panic because no one's booked yet? Haha I guess I was naive thinking ppl would book as soon as they received the STDs...

Any advice is MUCH appreciated :) not sure why I'm worried!

#193 J-me

J-me
      • 398 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

Thank you for the helpful feedback! I think we'll be doing the same :)

Originally Posted by merrylee 

J-Me,

We sent out invites to all of our guests that we sent STD's too even if they said no at that time.  #1.  We didn't want anyone to feel excluded #2. The invites are special to us and the people are special so *we* wanted to include everyone and #3. They will be more apt to still feel like a part of your day even though they can't actually be there.

#194 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

Even though a lot of his family has young kids and we anticipated would say no, the responses we are getting on the reply cards is amazing.  Even though there are a lot of "no" responses most everyone leaves us special note thanking us for including them and commenting on our invites.  So that makes the effort worth it 100%

#195 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

J-ME

How are the invites going? I cant wait to see them after they come in how many did you finally decide on?

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#196 CdnBeatPrincess

CdnBeatPrincess
            • 296 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:22 AM

I can officially say I'm a APRIL 2012 Bride. 

I'm staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay from April 14th - 21st 2012

I'm getting married off resort (Tropical Weddings Jamaica) at Fire Fly in Port Maria. Hill top that overlooks the ocean.

Wedding date is April 17th 2012. I haven't confirmed time yet.

So far I've bought the dress and booked the photographer. Now I can do the fun stuff now with my maid of honour.

#197 Sharon99

Sharon99
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

Yay! Congratulations!

Originally Posted by CdnBeatPrincess 

I'm getting married off resort (Tropical Weddings Jamaica) at Fire Fly in Port Maria. Hill top that overlooks the ocean.

So far I've bought the dress and booked the photographer. Now I can do the fun stuff now with my maid of honour.

#198 kerry872

kerry872
                • 165 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:36 AM

Congratulations

#199 swojdyla

swojdyla
                  • 184 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

Sounds amazing!! How did you find it? Best of luck with the rest of your planning!

#200 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:00 AM

congrats!!!!! all the planning stuff is fun, good luck

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users