April 2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#91 Natalie2012

• 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

That is what I plan on doing as well! Seems like the easiest way to keep everyone posted and up to date on anything too! And why not save money where we can...lol:)

Originally Posted by IliaPSU 

I was thinking of sending my invites out in mid-June.  But I have read on multiple posts here that people don't RSVP as often for destination weddings, so I was thinking to skip the formal RSVP and instead direct them to our website to RSVP and provide my phone number as an alternate.  Everyone I am inviting is close enough to us that I figure it is fine to be a little more informal.  Or is that tacky?

#92 meeshie77

• 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Kris9865, that's so great!!! Congratulations!!!

#93 LauraB2B

• 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

meeshie77, we have also decided on April 30th 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!!  

#94 DeeBrideToBe

• 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

I agree with not having RSVP's. We set up a website as well and I put my phone number on the back of our save the dates. The family members that aren't tech savvy have been calling to let me know if they can come or not. It's saving me a ton!

#95 Sdamian1

• 132 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

haha im a lurker too and cant wait to be a member!

Originally Posted by elisesunshine 

Thank you both for the warm welcome to the forum and thank you for the information on becoming a non lurker.  :)

#96 Sdamian1

• 132 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

My date is April 20 and luckily the rates actually dropped april 15. I was worried the rates would still be at peak due to Easter but I guess it is far enough out

#97 meeshie77

• 208 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Oh wow Laura!  I guess I will be seeing you that day :)  What time did you book for?  We should keep in touch and compare notes!?!!  PM me and we can chat :)

Originally Posted by LauraB2B 

meeshie77, we have also decided on April 30th 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios!!!  

#98 J-me

• 398 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Congrats!! I'm 4-21-12 too & you're right, now that's it's less than a year it feels so REAL & exciting :)

Originally Posted by kris9685 

I'm an April 2012 bride as well- 4/21/12! Now that it's less than a year I feel like things are finally kicking into gear!

#99 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

So since this weekend was friends and family at Macy's we we're able to get my FI and groomsmen suits at a fraction of the price.  So excited!  We didn't realize this especially of those who want their party to wear a suit, the light fabrics are out now.  If you wait till next year it may be late.  Not to mention I don't have to worry one thing crossed off the list.  As part of their gifts we are giving the groomsmen ties and custom converse which they will be wearing the day of the wedding. I found the BM dress but it's a little early for that to order.  It takes 3 months so by September we will order them.  In the process of making invitations/ ordering supplies.  Can't wait to post the planning journal. Still more things to do.

How is everyone doing with their planning?

Less than a year to go April brides!! 

#100 acireta

• Site Supporter
                    • 750 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

We haven't started working on attire yet. FI's brother might be deployed during the wedding (we find out next month), so we're waiting as long as possible.

As far as invites, they're pretty much designed, but we need to order cardstock and start pu tting them together, since it will take forever I'm sure!

The project I'm working on right now is my brooch bouquet, which I'm so excited about! I've been ordering brooches, real touch flowers, supplies, etc. Here is my inspiration pic from Fancy Pants Weddings (mine will be white roses/callas, with turquoise ribbon on the stems):

Posted Image

Here are the brooches I've ordered so far!

Posted Image

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users