April 2012 Bride

Ali12

Hi ladies!

Most of us are in the "under 100-day" mark! How's everyone's to-do lists coming? We ordered the guys' suits from StudioSuits last night and ordered their linen shirts, that was a huge to-do crossed off my list!

Here's the rest of my to-do list:

OOT bags (order bags, order items, make business card tags, buy ribbon, do welcome letter, do photo whoâ€s who?) Vistaprint projects   Create little bag of wedding momentos for photos (invite, reply card, etc) Photograph list for wedding day Pick songs for video & highlight video, make CD Create music lists (ceremony, cocktail hour, finalize reception) Make ceremony music CD   Favors (order shot glasses, order organza bags, order tags, pick up tequila in Mexico) Placecards (order frames, create business cards) Menu/Table #s (order luminarias from Etsy, buy votive candle holders & LED lights) Guestbook (buy pens, make sign, buy frame for sign) Sand ceremony stuff (buy sand - 2-4 colors) Program fans   Hair trial Makeup trial   Get hostess gifts for bridal shower (wine and gift bags for wine glasses) Order Best Man gift

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Denielle, I love your list! It actually gave me some ideas so thank you! So what r you doing for your hair and make-up trial? I was thinking of having it here in Jersey and then taking lots of pictures so the ppl in punta cana can get the idea of what I'm looking for. I'm kinda nervous about it all. I also think I'm going to have a hair and make-up trial in punta cana like 3 days before the wedding so I can make sure they know what they are doing. lol

Originally Posted by swojdyla View Post

Denielle,

I love your list! It actually gave me some ideas so thank you! So what r you doing for your hair and make-up trial? I was thinking of having it here in Jersey and then taking lots of pictures so the ppl in punta cana can get the idea of what I'm looking for. I'm kinda nervous about it all. I also think I'm going to have a hair and make-up trial in punta cana like 3 days before the wedding so I can make sure they know what they are doing. lol

One of my guests is going to do my makeup but that was my plan - do the trial here (maybe buy the products if I REALLY liked the makeup) and then bring all the pictures and products down to Mexico with me.

This is pretty much what I'm going to do also. I'm going to have my hair trial at the end of January, and take a bunch of pictures to bring with me. I'll probably try to talk to the stylist when I confirm my appointment the first day on the boat. I might do a trial on the boat for the first formal night, the night before the wedding, it really just depends on the price.

I'll be doing my own make-up, so I'm going to get a make-up trial done at ulta and buy some of the products (primers and lipstick because I can never find a good shade). I'm good at doing make-up so this doesn't worry me. I just need some good long-lasting primer, foundation, lipstick, etc...

Denielle,
I love your list! It actually gave me some ideas so thank you! So what r you doing for your hair and make-up trial? I was thinking of having it here in Jersey and then taking lots of pictures so the ppl in punta cana can get the idea of what I'm looking for. I'm kinda nervous about it all. I also think I'm going to have a hair and make-up trial in punta cana like 3 days before the wedding so I can make sure they know what they are doing. lol

Where r u getting your oot bags? How r u organizing the who's who? Love that idea!

I've been holding off on buying my OOT bags for 2 reasons - I want to see what my final headcount will be (I should know by Feb 17th since that's when final payments are due) and I want to see if Dollar Tree brings out anything good for spring.

I plan on doing the photo who's who's either in Word or Powerpoint and then saving as an image and uploading to Vistaprint for a brochure - haven't started working on it yet.

I got my OOT bags from Christmas Tree store. Love them! and got 50. Figure atleast one per couple. If I have extra stuff I'll have extra. Rather have more than be short. I got most of the meds and also the personalized drink mugs.  I wish the writing would have been larger but I guess at the end of the day  no one will remember the writing and will just want to make sure their cup is filled =)

Etsy is super addictive! I believe my shower will be coming up. It's a surprise so I have no idea still need to find a dress. 

Maritza 

Ladies, after waiting anxiously since June, my wedding dress came in today!!!!  I get to try it on Sunday!  My BM's dresses also came in today so we are making it a girls day out of it since ordered from the same store!  I am very excited and felt the need to share!  :)

My shower was Saturday and there were quite a few surprises. My best friends/BMs showed up from DC unexpectedly!! They walked into my room at 11 AM like it was no big deal and I screamed my head off!! They had been planning it since September and even had a bachelorett night planned - margaritas, Blue Man Group and an after-party at the house. It was the craziest day, I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get them.

I hope you have a wonderful shower, whenever/where ever/however they end up surprising you! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

I got my OOT bags from Christmas Tree store. Love them! and got 50. Figure atleast one per couple. If I have extra stuff I'll have extra. Rather have more than be short. I got most of the meds and also the personalized drink mugs.  I wish the writing would have been larger but I guess at the end of the day  no one will remember the writing and will just want to make sure their cup is filled =)

Etsy is super addictive! I believe my shower will be coming up. It's a surprise so I have no idea still need to find a dress. 

Maritza 

Make sure you take some pictures! I need to call and find out when mine will be here...

Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

Ladies, after waiting anxiously since June, my wedding dress came in today!!!!  I get to try it on Sunday!  My BM's dresses also came in today so we are making it a girls day out of it since ordered from the same store!  I am very excited and felt the need to share!  :)

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Maritza 

How much were the bags at Christmas Tree Shop? I may have to stop by there. :)

Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

YAY! I picked mine up 2 weeks ago - it's so exciting!

Originally Posted by acireta View Post

My shower was Saturday and there were quite a few surprises. My best friends/BMs showed up from DC unexpectedly!! They walked into my room at 11 AM like it was no big deal and I screamed my head off!! They had been planning it since September and even had a bachelorett night planned - margaritas, Blue Man Group and an after-party at the house. It was the craziest day, I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get them.

I hope you have a wonderful shower, whenever/where ever/however they end up surprising you! cheesy.gif

Make sure you take some pictures! I need to call and find out when mine will be here...

Awww, glad your shower turned out so well!!!!