April 2012 Bride

Ali12

Your definately more organised than me. Got to make a decision on the photographer soon. Im having a right dilemma with it!!!

AHR also needs a decision on it. So plenty to do and catch up to you with. x

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

Save the dates have been sent, got the dress, booked the photographer, website up & running, just ordered a few lil things like our cake topper, my 'mrs' hanger, BM bags, and my garter :)

Right now looking around for BM dresses, researching DJs, and working on the invites (when are you ladies sending yours out btw? I've heard everything from July of this year to December! lol).

Look forward to hearing how all of your planning is going!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J-ME

wow thats a dilemma for sure...may be what you could do is send out a mass e-mail saying your doing the invitations, but to get the right amount sent...you need to have their response from all who have not replied from the RSVP

This way you give everyone the chance. What would we have done without computers eh lol. or you can do what we did any invite thoes you really want to go.
Hope this helped some

I just sent out invites. They we're diy. I made them with my fsil and they came out great. I'll have to take pics and upload. Mostly everyone has gotten them already. We gave them 3 months to RSVP. Gives everyone enough time to decide. We sent out STD in March of this year and invitations just went out June 1st. Very exciting!!

And you're getting married in April!? Lol!! You are VERY organized!! Good for you!! :)

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

i just finished my invitations today, and posted them on here, only to find out that I cant send them out due to a strike in the canadian post office lol......we decided not to do STD cards and go right to the invitations. as far as everything else goes, weve booked the resort and the wedding package, the photographer, got my dress and reception dress, wedding bands are bought, Ive bought some wedding decorations already, im starting my welcome booklet tomorrow and have got the wording done for our AHR Oh and our OOT bags have been started too lol .

There seems like so much to do still and although its still a year away, its alot to plan lol

I sent about 55 STDs in April & 2 people told me a definite NO so I am sending everyone the invitation except for those 2 people. I did not have an RSVP on my STDs though so I feel like I kind of have to send out the invites to everyone even to the few people who were not sure about going. Things could change for them in a few months I guess. I figure I would send out the invites around July(I want the air to be out).

We only had 3 couples book when they got their STDs & I thought we would have a ton more! At least for a deposit!! It can be very frustrating. I still think no one is really going but you can't worry about it. No matter who is there it will be amazing!!

I am hoping I will get a decent amount of my RSVPs but after reading on here it doesnt seem that promising! lol!

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

Need some insight ladies: I'm working with my invitation lady and I'm not sure the quantity to order - I sent out 76 save the dates in April and while I've heard from several people that DO plan to come, I haven't heard yes's or no's from the majority of my group (other than the 'we got your save the dates! Yay!' type thing).

So after sending STDs, I hear that it's best to send invites to just the people you know are coming and not send one to those you know aren't coming (I like this idea too - not to sound cheap, but it saves time & $ too). So if I haven't heard a solid 'no' from anyone yet, should I just order the same quantity as what I mailed for my STDs? Or should I panic because no one's booked yet? Haha I guess I was naive thinking ppl would book as soon as they received the STDs...

Any advice is MUCH appreciated :) not sure why I'm worried!

Wow you are super organized! I wish I could be more like you! lol Decisions are very difficult for me. I think I'm going to go right to the invites and send them out in the next week or so! Thanks for all of the advice girls! Hopefully once I check the invites off my "to do" list I can start on the photographer and everything else!! Woohoo! Things are coming up fast!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

i just finished my invitations today, and posted them on here, only to find out that I cant send them out due to a strike in the canadian post office lol......we decided not to do STD cards and go right to the invitations. as far as everything else goes, weve booked the resort and the wedding package, the photographer, got my dress and reception dress, wedding bands are bought, Ive bought some wedding decorations already, im starting my welcome booklet tomorrow and have got the wording done for our AHR Oh and our OOT bags have been started too lol .

There seems like so much to do still and although its still a year away, its alot to plan lol

Sharon99 - thanks for your helpful input! I didn't ask for RSVPs on our STDs either, so I guess I'll just send the invites out to everyone. WE'RE so excited, but I guess I can't expect everyone to be AS pumped and book their trips right away haha...and I've heard the same about not receiving a significant amount of RSVPs back in the mail, so I'll just wait & see who we'll have joining us. The anticipation is harder than I thought!

Thanks again for putting it in perspective - no matter who's there, it will definitely be the best day!! :)