April 2012 Bride

Ali12

Our wedding is April 7th 2012. I am going to send out my invitations in June of this year so everyone has enough time to book I hope airfare isn't going to be too crazy. I'm hoping between $300-$500. Obviously those who book closer to the date will pay more for airfare. But I won't worry about that :).

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long of a time are you giving your guests to RSVP by? I am going to send out invites JuneJuly and am not sure when I should have my responses by. (Hoping that everyone does it too!)

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Our wedding is April 7th 2012. I am going to send out my invitations in June of this year so everyone has enough time to book I hope airfare isn't going to be too crazy. I'm hoping between $300-$500. Obviously those who book closer to the date will pay more for airfare. But I won't worry about that :).

I was thinking of sending my invites out in mid-June.  But I have read on multiple posts here that people don't RSVP as often for destination weddings, so I was thinking to skip the formal RSVP and instead direct them to our website to RSVP and provide my phone number as an alternate.  Everyone I am inviting is close enough to us that I figure it is fine to be a little more informal.  Or is that tacky?

How long of a time are you giving your guests to RSVP by? I am going to send out invites JuneJuly and am not sure when I should have my responses by. (Hoping that everyone does it too!)

I am going to have September as an RSVP date. My family knows about the wedding and we sent out the STD's a year in advance. I have a wedding website but not sure if I am going to fill our every single section. My fiancé and I have known each other since elementary school and have been dating for 9 years so the history part of the website is redundant. Everyone knows our story :). I think we're going to do the regular RSVP. Is anyone putting their meal selection on their RSVP? I have to let my wc know before hand. It may be a long RSVP since I'm asking if they will be attending how many, where the will be staying and also their meal selection. So much for a simple yes or no lol.

Good luck with booking your trips ladies, I know for me it was a huge weight off my shoulders once everything was booked and confirmed. We sent out STD's in February which gave everyone 14 months notice, and we'll send out invites around September. I think we'll ask for people to RSVP by January-ish. Some of my family can only book their holidays three months ahead. It seems like it's so far away but hopefully it'll go by quickly!!

That is what I plan on doing as well! Seems like the easiest way to keep everyone posted and up to date on anything too! And why not save money where we can...lol:)

Originally Posted by IliaPSU View Post

I was thinking of sending my invites out in mid-June.  But I have read on multiple posts here that people don't RSVP as often for destination weddings, so I was thinking to skip the formal RSVP and instead direct them to our website to RSVP and provide my phone number as an alternate.  Everyone I am inviting is close enough to us that I figure it is fine to be a little more informal.  Or is that tacky?