April 2012 Bride

Ali12

So I think we have successfully commandeered this poor girl's newbie thread and turned it into our month roll call thread!! LOL

Would a moderator be able to move this to the Roll Call forum so it can be found? Just wondering...

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Swojdwla, I LOVED punta cana when I went a couple years ago. Their beaches are so nice...My Fiance's cousin got married there about 2 years ago and it was beautiful but I guess they had a hard time when they came back with the marriage certificates from the dominican not being recognizable here or something...anyways I would not let this change your mind about the location, alot of things could have changed and there are alot of very happy couples that get married there!

Hey Ali! I am an April 2012 bride too! We're in the process of decided on resorts. We have chosen Punta Cana and we are looking at Majestic Elegance, Majestic Colonial, Paradisus, or Bavaro Iberostar.... I am still up in the air though. I too want the best resort for an affordable price for my guests :)

Happy planning!

Holly

HAHA. your brother makes a good point! something tells me my fiance would LOVE 4/20, then he'll never forget our anniversary! lol.  As for STD, I am looking at Vistaprint postcards as I am having our invitations custom designed by a good friend.  If you haven't signed up for vistaprint email coupons yet, its a great idea! They print tonnes of things for free that can be really helpful (search vistaprint in the forums, you will see a tonne of chat about this).

Holly

Originally Posted by Sdamian1 View Post

So I picked out a date finally..and I'm having a hard time knowing if i should keep it (I already sent in and got a confirmed spot at 5pm) or change it. Originally I wanted April 8th but then realized that's Easter..so then I looked at April 13th but that's friday the thirteenth and I'm not too supersticious but i am still not cool with that lol...so I submitted April 20th..and got it locked in! My little brother just pointed out to me that it will be 4/20 and now I'm not sure if I should change the date or I am just thinking about it too hard! stupid.gif

I ended up picking Moon palace in cancun bc they have an awesome wedding package! Also wondering if any of you ladies could give me some ideas as to what you picked for your save the dates?

Thanks girls!

Yeah I realize I'm putting a lot of faith in my TA. I have read on some of the threads that I a lot of the hotels will find someone to translate the marriage certificate for you in the Dominican...for a fee of course!! lol I hope that is all it will take and everything will be recognized in the US. Is there something else you know that I don't???smile41.gif

Hi ladies. I am also getting married in April 2012 in Cuba. I notice that a lot of you have said that you can't get prices because it's too early. You should contact my TA. She got our rates back in February and they came in $400 less per person than other quotes! Plus, some TA's told me that they couldn't give me an exact price, just a "quote" that could change when the flight schedule came out, but they still wanted me to sign a contract on that. Her name is Kelly Neonakis, here's her website:

http://kneonakis.travelonly.com/ 

Another reason I love working with Kelly is that she is also planning her own DW next month so she is so helpful and has a lot of tips and insight.

Good luck ladies, I look forward to seeing some more of your wedding plans as they form!

Hi DeeBrideToBe,

So your TA quoted you a price for hotel and flight already? That's amazing!! Our TA said that flights don't get posted til 9 mths before the travel date!! Wow maybe I will contact your TA because that would really help with my decision! Thanks a lot!!