Photo

from Dreams to Majestic Elegance..now back to Dreams? opinions?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 MRR16

MRR16
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

Tink,

Thanks so much for your comparison of these two resorts. These are the exact two resorts I am contemplating.

I was so wondering if you could compare the beaches at each resort. Seaweed, chairs, location. size, etc.  Thanks

for any help.

#12 Line M

Line M
    • 171 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

On this topic a  co worker went the same week and there wasn't any quarintine - had a great time and said it was amazing. no one got sick from the food. He said it was really beautiful there. lets hope for the best.

#13 MandyB

MandyB
      • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

We just got back from our wedding at the Majestic Elegance!  It was wonderful!  We had our ceremony on the beach, dinner at the Sea and See and our reception at the Parrot's Bar.  We stayed in the Elegance Club (adult only section) in one of the swim up suites.  Lisa was our wedding coordinator and she was such a sweetheart!  As with most all inclusive, the food was good but not great.  Some people had some minor stomach problems but nothing to ruin our vacations.  I have a pretty weak stomach but no big problems.  Also, I just have to give a plug to Renaud of Photosouvenir.  He is an amazing photographer!  

Also, I have not been to Dreams but I heard that there are lots of kids there.  Not too many at Majestic Elegance.  Just my 2 cents!  

#14 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
        • 154 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Hi, getting married at ME in Nov, was the reception worth it?  Not sure we want to pay $500 per hour for that, thought maybe we'd all just hang out in one of the bars til the night club opened....they do have a night club right?

#15 MandyB

MandyB
          • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

We actually decided to have the reception once we got down to the ME.  To us, it was worth it.  Also, we got more like 2 hours for the reception because they tend to not run you off.  We had also planned to just hang out in one of the bars, but we were able to have first dances, cut the cake etc. at the reception.  Also, FYI, the disco doesn't open until 11 pm.

#16 Tink

Tink
            • 160 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

I have to admit that I did enjoy the beach at Majestic alot more, only because it is calmer and clearer. The beach at Dreams Punta Cana is a little rougher, and there is alot of seaweed, and coral at the bottom. You have to walk to the left of the ocean where there isn't as much coral. Also, Majestic had alot more huts and the sand is a lot finer, and whiter. The reason why the beaches are a bit different is because Dreams' beach is on the Atlantic side, where as Majestic's beach is on the carribean side. Hope this helps :)

#17 mandys

mandys
              • 181 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

I am going to Dreams in April. I CANNOT WAIT to check it out for myself. The reviews on trip advisor are really starting to get on my nerves. There are so many bad reviews lately. The place looks amazing. I am going at the same time of year in which I want to get married next year to get a feel for the weather/humidity etc. I also want to witness some weddings for myself, sit down with the wedding coordinator, eat the food, and see just how much seaweed is in the water. I am also going to meet with one of the local photographers. I will try to keep you posted.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
                April 2012

#18 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
                • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Mandys...ys plese let us know.I'm getting married at Dreams next April as well...April 27th.Would def. appreciate the feedback

#19 mandys

mandys
                  • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:36 AM

For sure!! You can always private message me if I dont get a chance to post something back on this thread.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
                    April 2012

#20 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

I am getting all nervous now.  We have booked at Majestic Colonial because of all the amazing things we heard but now I am starting to see and hear these negative things!  I always take trip advisor with a grain of salt but it still makes me really nervous...... any other past ME or MC brides that can weigh in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users