Photo

GM Shirt colour for Purple BM dresses?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 chantal09

chantal09
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

I too was having this dillemma! My wedding colors are purple and turqoise, and after searching for BM dresses the ones that I liked ended up being in a bright, rich purple. Originally we decided the boys would wear khaki linen pants and white shirts but I wanted to ensure that my FI was different from the rest. After reading a ton of posts from other brides and examining pics online, I came accross this article:

http://www.bridalguide.com/photo-of-the-day/bliss-events-contrasting-colors

After seeing this, we decided to put the GM in turqoiuse shirts and the groom in white. I think it could make for some great photos, and since its a destination wedding I hope we can pull it off!

#12 dallace

dallace
    • 220 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by chantal09 View Post

I too was having this dillemma! My wedding colors are purple and turqoise, and after searching for BM dresses the ones that I liked ended up being in a bright, rich purple. Originally we decided the boys would wear khaki linen pants and white shirts but I wanted to ensure that my FI was different from the rest. After reading a ton of posts from other brides and examining pics online, I came accross this article:

After seeing this, we decided to put the GM in turqoiuse shirts and the groom in white. I think it could make for some great photos, and since its a destination wedding I hope we can pull it off!

I LOVE how that looks together!!! Makes me feel much better about putting the boys in blue abd having the girls in orange.

#13 chantal09

chantal09
      • 192 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by dallace 

I LOVE how that looks together!!! Makes me feel much better about putting the boys in blue abd having the girls in orange.

I know! I was so distressed about putting the GM and BM in contrasting colors, but now that I've seen it I feel so much better!

#14 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
        • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

i think that constrasting colors look really sharp and best of all you photographs will really pop

#15 brebuisson02

brebuisson02
          • 62 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

This is what I was thinking of doing.. I LOVE purple and was planning on having my girls wear purple bridesmaid dresses. I am having a hard time deciding what the guys will wear. I want my fiance to wear a white shirt & the groomsmen to wear a colored shirt but thought it might be too much purple if they had purple shirts also. I'd love to see your pictures after you get back chantal09, I still have over a year until my wedding so I'm just looking at pictures for ideas right now :)

#16 chantal09

chantal09
            • 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by brebuisson02 

This is what I was thinking of doing.. I LOVE purple and was planning on having my girls wear purple bridesmaid dresses. I am having a hard time deciding what the guys will wear. I want my fiance to wear a white shirt & the groomsmen to wear a colored shirt but thought it might be too much purple if they had purple shirts also. I'd love to see your pictures after you get back chantal09, I still have over a year until my wedding so I'm just looking at pictures for ideas right now :)

Will definately post pics when I am back for you to see the final result :)

#17 chantal09

chantal09
              • 192 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

just wanted to share this pic of the bridal party. Loved the 2 colors together!

#18 brebuisson02

brebuisson02
                • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

just wanted to share this pic of the bridal party. Loved the 2 colors together!

Looks good! Thanks for posting Chantel! Was this your wedding party or a picture you found?

#19 chantal09

chantal09
                  • 192 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by brebuisson02 

Looks good! Thanks for posting Chantel! Was this your wedding party or a picture you found?

This is my wedding party :)

#20 brebuisson02

brebuisson02
                    • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

This is my wedding party :)

Nice! Where'd you get the groomsmen shirts from?! Love the color

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users