Sign in to follow this  
Diva

What to eat the days before the wedding?

I know all of us will be at our all inclusive resorts a few days before the wedding, so with all you can eat AND drink readily available, what are you all planning to do? 

I want to be sure I fit into my dress on my wedding day, but I still need to eat those 3 days before!!!

Suggestions from past and future brides?

Everything in moderation!!! I will be drinking and I will not be depriving myself of food but I'm not going to be ridiculous about it...and that goes for the entire 2 weeks I'm at the resort, not just the 3 days before my wedding. I'll definitely be staying clear of the hamburgers, fries, pizza, sweets, etc. prior to the wedding but that's about it. Also, one plate of food per meal...no need to have 2 or 3 helpings at the buffets simply because it's an option. Moderation is key...but remember - we ARE on vacation, after all! cheers.gif

Ladies,

Great that you are thinking of this already! I got married in May 2010 and I can tell you that I had the same mindset of "I'm on vacation, right?" I was there for 5 days before the wedding and I can definitely tell you I gained a bit. It wasn't much at all but it's just obnoxious to look back at pics and know that I worked so hard for the months leading up to the wedding and then didn't look as lean as I could on my wedding day. As with all things, moderation is key... Hope this helps :)

oh my... i just found out that i'll be there 5 days prior to my wedding (flight change!!).. I'm thinking; a size bigger dress should do the trick ;), but on the serious note, I never over eat - I do induldge, but not that I can't move.  I think I'll actually have to use the gym facilities this time around LOL

Originally Posted by mocashman View Post

Ladies,

Great that you are thinking of this already! I got married in May 2010 and I can tell you that I had the same mindset of "I'm on vacation, right?" I was there for 5 days before the wedding and I can definitely tell you I gained a bit. It wasn't much at all but it's just obnoxious to look back at pics and know that I worked so hard for the months leading up to the wedding and then didn't look as lean as I could on my wedding day. As with all things, moderation is key... Hope this helps :)

Yes, definitely - bmadzia you brought up an excellent point: the gym!!! Everytime I've been down South I make sure to keep up my workout routines by going to the gym most days I'm there and I didn't find it an inconvenience at all (first thing in mornings worked best for me). And with all the booze and more fattening food compared to what I'm used to preparing for myself, the gym is a necessity!! Last time I went to a resort I still gained 3 lbs but I I'm really not too concerned about it in terms of the wedding...it's mostly water anyway.

I don't plan on worrying about eating drinking the 3 days before the wedding. I'm not a drinker anyway so it's not like i'll be doing some heavy binge drinking while south!  Food-wise, I plan to just continue to eat as much as I do now! (breakfast/lunch/dinner + 2 snacks).  I also plan on hitting up the gym while I'm there too.  yes I'll be on vacation, but by the time I go, I'll be half way through a half-marathon training plan and don't want to not run for a week!

So with that being said, i'm not worried at all!

I'm an old bride but my thought on this was that I was on vacation for the happiest week of my life and in the end I wanted happy memories.  For me, counting calories/fat/carbs whatever would have turned happy into unhappy.  My fiance sure wasn't worrying about anything and I didn't want to be either.

I didn't go crazy but I wasn't afraid to eat.  In a few days time you won't gorge yourself to the point that your dress will not fit, unless it barely fit in the first place and that's a separate issue, you know?  I say relax and enjoy yourself.  It's a celebration :) 

Thanks - I am an early riser (even if drinking a bit too much in the evening), so instead of browsing through empty resort, I'll hit the gym for a bit. Get my dinner reseravations done too.....

ALSO... make sure that you do drink water.  This is where most of us fail on holidays as we drink the other stuff, and forget to get the water in...

Originally Posted by richarsd View Post

Yes, definitely - bmadzia you brought up an excellent point: the gym!!! Everytime I've been down South I make sure to keep up my workout routines by going to the gym most days I'm there and I didn't find it an inconvenience at all (first thing in mornings worked best for me). And with all the booze and more fattening food compared to what I'm used to preparing for myself, the gym is a necessity!! Last time I went to a resort I still gained 3 lbs but I I'm really not too concerned about it in terms of the wedding...it's mostly water anyway.

I'm so worried about this too!  My dress is rather form fitting and I tend to get bloated easily.  my best advice for the days before might be, as said before, do everything in moderation. Also, possibly taking a walk or job on the beach in the morning each day before the wedding and staying well hydrated.  Also, avoiding the yummy fried and greasy foods is obvious but easier said than done!

Great thread!!

I am a fitness freak so I know I'll be at the gym the days before the wedding and I'll be dragging my girls with me.  They have yoga, cycle, meditation, rock climbing wall and a whole gym.  I am definitley looking forward to getting my workout fix while I'm there.  I also agree with enjoying things in moderation...even though I have a hard time with it sometimes.   

After the wedding my workouts will consist of a lot of post wedding sex for cardio!!  That should do the trick!!  LMAO