Sign in to follow this  
rodent

How much are you paying (or did you pay) to get your hair done?

Dreams Cabo was $65, and I went down to the spa to do it. I didn't do a trial, although they told me I could. I just brought pictures of what I wanted and she did a great job. She put my veil in to show my friend where it went, then took it out. In Seattle I've paid anywhere from $60-80.

I am paying $190 (plus tax plus tip) for hair and makeup from Suzanne Morel in my hotel room. I thought it seemed high but (1) that's what other girls on the forum seem to have paid and (2) everyone has been happy with their services so I was fine with it. I didn't want to have to look around for the sake of saving a few $$ and maybe ending up with something I didn't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBug View Post
I am wondering if anyone did their hair on their own. I am planning on having my hair just pulled back into a bun and that is that.
I know a lot of girls have said they did/are doing it on their own (BeachBride/Shelley) I know is going to and I think there's another thread that talks about it. Man, I couldn't even BEGIN to do a good job of putting my hair up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBug View Post
I am wondering if anyone did their hair on their own. I am planning on having my hair just pulled back into a bun and that is that.
I've thought about it. I was going to get one of these http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/2230/463505 & try making a big chignon. I need to wait until my hair has grown out to practice. I don't know if I can make the front soft enough. I don't want it to look slicked back. I wear my hair up everyday, so I don't want it to look like just another ponytail day.

I'm in a wedding in Jan, so this will probably be how I wear my hair for that. I stopped paying for updos after the 3rd time I was a bridesmaid. If I like it enough I might do that for my own wedding.