Photo

Welcome book inspired by RACH220

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 sharlie

sharlie
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

thanks girls!! I am still working on the other pages such as the guest pages...should I add anything else??? or and who is what room and sch too.   I am really enjoying this too =)

Negril, Jamaica
    6/29/11
    24 booked =)
    Can't wait til the big day!

#22 skp1

skp1
    • 405 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:30 AM

I love the background picture with Welcome written in the sand - could you upload that to share?

A few other suggestions for more pages.  You're doing awesome!

1.  If you don't have your itinerary on another document, you may want to add a page for that

2.  things to do in Jamaica - my welcome brochure has a section for "at the resort" and "around town."  I'm sure no one will use it but it looks right.

3.  If you want more games then you can do a word search - mine had all wedding stuff, but you can do Jamaica phrases or something.  Or I have one that says "Congratulations Steph & John" at the top with instructions to come up with as many words as possible using those letters.  Most of the others are wedding related too - like match the famous couples, match a quote to a movie, match song to artist, etc.

4.  This is from the Knot - I think it was their "guest book" - it's mad libs with advice for the couple.  I think its so cute.  I found the official Mad Libs logo on-line and copied that to the header, but I used the exact same wording (changing names of course).

mad libs.jpg

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#23 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

I would happy to share the picture!!Let me know if you there is anything else you would like??

Thanks so by the way! 

1. I did plan doing an itinerary...thanks for that idea!

2. love the idea of at resort and on town, thanks

3. love the word seach idea, and the others as well. Do have you any of those games already created that you could share with me??

4. oh my gosh. I LOVE the mad libs ideas. Do you mind sharing your as well??? LOVE IT! HOw are you having the guests return it to you?  I am doing the postcard guestbook but I love this too, I could to both...???  thanks for all your help and advice. =)

Originally Posted by skp1 

I love the background picture with Welcome written in the sand - could you upload that to share?

A few other suggestions for more pages.  You're doing awesome!

1.  If you don't have your itinerary on another document, you may want to add a page for that

2.  things to do in Jamaica - my welcome brochure has a section for "at the resort" and "around town."  I'm sure no one will use it but it looks right.

3.  If you want more games then you can do a word search - mine had all wedding stuff, but you can do Jamaica phrases or something.  Or I have one that says "Congratulations Steph & John" at the top with instructions to come up with as many words as possible using those letters.  Most of the others are wedding related too - like match the famous couples, match a quote to a movie, match song to artist, etc.

4.  This is from the Knot - I think it was their "guest book" - it's mad libs with advice for the couple.  I think its so cute.  I found the official Mad Libs logo on-line and copied that to the header, but I used the exact same wording (changing names of course).

mad libs.jpg

Attached Files

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)

#24 skp1

skp1
        • 405 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hi sharlie,

I'll PM you with the games - once I finish my book, I'll upload it on BDW but I'm since its one big Word file instead of individual pages, I want to wait a bit.  Most of the games I took from standard bridal shower games and tweaked them.

I'm not sure about handing in the mad libs - I think the couple on the Knot had it at the wedding reception and basically had a table and box similar to a gift box.  I was thinking of just writing to bring it to the reception and having an area set up.  I also was going to have a master book with the answer key because I'm sure some people will be racking their brains on some.  I relied on the Internet A LOT to find the answers.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#25 Jules23

Jules23
          • 182 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

wow! this is fantastic - your guests will love these! 

#26 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:33 AM

I like your crossword with the pic of you and your hubby. Is there a template that you have that I can tweak to add my hubby and I and tailor the crossword puzzle to us?

#27 snanderson

snanderson
              • Site Supporter
              • 97 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the "Welcome" pic, I've been looking for one, couldn't have come at a better time.

11.12.11...On this day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with and live for....
                The Couples Resort - Tower Isle
                Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#28 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                • 192 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:17 PM

I love this! You did an amazing job! I wish I had Photoshop.

#29 sharlie

sharlie
                  • 261 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

anderson you are so welcome ENJOY

Island girl..I didn't use a template. I created the crossword on this site

I like your crossword with the pic of you and your hubby. Is there a template that you have that I can tweak to add my hubby and I and tailor the crossword puzzle to us?

Negril, Jamaica
                    6/29/11
                    24 booked =)

#30 debbiedoyle

debbiedoyle
                    • 151 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I really like the idea about the which room are you in!  Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users