Purchasing a shoulder strap?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JenK

JenK
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hi ladies!

I tried searching the forum for this but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where you could purchase a shoulder strap to get added to a wedding dress? I am thinking of adding a one shoulder strap to my dress. I haven't purchased yet but it is a mermaid style with ruffles on the bottom, so I think a shoulder strap would look really cute. Any ideas? I tried looking on etsy and didn't see anything.....

#2 Melaina

Melaina
    • 139 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hmm... My advice would be to ask your seamstress to do it. Get him/her to save the fabric from when they hem your gown (unless you're 7'5", chances are you'll need some taken off the bottom). I bet they could easily turn it into a strap and, bonus, the fabric will match!

#3 JenK

JenK
      • 302 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

Wow that is a FABULOUS idea! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I think that would work!

#4 JenK

JenK
        • 302 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

Update on the shoulder strap-I went and ordered my dress yesterday. Luckily they JUST got some shoulder straps in that could be ordered (they didn't have them 2 weeks before!). So I found one that goes PERFECT with my dress, it matches the beautiful beading! It is from Alfred Sung. I love that it will be detachable so I can decide when I want to wear it!!!!!

#5 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
          • 324 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Thats a great idea - the one strap dresses are fabulous! Glad it all worked out :)

#6 carrieb258

carrieb258
            • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

what an excellent idea x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users