Photo

Majestic Elegance---Summer 2011

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 MandyB

MandyB
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hey all.  We just got back from our wedding at Majestic Elegance.  We had a fabulous time!  I was a little confused when I first got there because I got a call from Lisa, my wedding coordinator.  Now, I had only talked to Sandra in the past so this all came as a shock to me.  But I just went with it and Lisa was wonderful to work with!  We did the ceremony on the beach at 5:00 with Pastor York.  Then we had a private dinner at the Sea and See.  We also decided to book the Parrot's Bar for an hour for $500.  This included an open bar.  For music at the ceremony and reception, we just set up a playlist on our ipod and they set it up to their sound system.  Oh and I had my hair done at the spa.  She did a wonderful job!  Also, if you happen to still be looking for a photographer, I have to recommend Renaud with Photosouvenir.  He was absolutely amazing.  Good luck with your planning.  Punta Cana is such a magical place!

#42 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
    • 154 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi All,

I just booked the ME through my travel agent for Nov 14th at 1:30pm on the beach.  We are going to do a symbolic ceremony first here in Canada before we leave.

Do you have to book a reception in order to play music from a docking station if you bring it?  Because we are getting married early, I thought we'd do our first dance after the wedding at the beach then go for pictures....do you think that's odd?

#43 MandyB

MandyB
      • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

Hi FutureMrsDawson,

First of all, congrats!  You will love Majestic Elegance!  We got to the resort about 5 days before our wedding so I had time to see about 8 weddings on the beach!  If you have a wedding at 1:30 in the afternoon, you will have a lot of onlookers.  Not that this is a bad thing because they do a decent job of keeping people out of the way.  There is a sound system but I never saw anyone doing a first dance on the beach.  I mean, I am sure you could do it, I just didn't see it done.  Another option, we had our dinner (after the wedding) at the Sea and See restaurant.  Now there wasn't a sound system there but maybe you could get one?  They put us in a private room off to the side so you wouldn't feel like you were dancing in front of everyone! :-)  

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mandy

#44 islandbride8

islandbride8
        • 315 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

I asked about this b/c we're having our dinner at the steakhouse.  My WC (Stephany) told me i can't bring music to play during dinner.  I was bummed, but the more i think about it, if i bring speakers and my ipod they wouldn't even hear it in the main part of the restaurant would they??? 

#45 MandyB

MandyB
          • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

I wouldn't think it would be a big a big deal, but I don't know how they set up the wedding parties at the steakhouse.  I am assuming that it would probably be in one of the rooms off to the sides???

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

I asked about this b/c we're having our dinner at the steakhouse.  My WC (Stephany) told me i can't bring music to play during dinner.  I was bummed, but the more i think about it, if i bring speakers and my ipod they wouldn't even hear it in the main part of the restaurant would they??? 

#46 jamie0820

jamie0820
            • 183 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Anyone else freaking out over flight prices? 

I have a bunch of people yet to book (including my entire immediate family) and the round  trip prices from Philly went from 530 to 930 bucks/pp!

I realize the cost of fuel is outrageous right now, but wtf!!!!

#47 Mslite

Mslite
              • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

I agree WTF!!! My travel agent keeps trying to coax me into having my guests buy their tickets now because the price is not going to go down. I am getting married in October so we have some time.

#48 Line M

Line M
                • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Sorry to hear that. I think I did read that in the package though. I am worried about the dress code for men now.closed shoes, pants every night.  have to write it in the pre travel brochure we were talking about. I thought I read a review where someone had their dinner at the steakhouse and had their first dance there and speeches. Not sure what u can do?

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

#49 Line M

Line M
                  • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

Wow that is expensive. I went through air canada travel where I paid for the flight and hotel together. I actually had to pay everything last week. early booking discount. are you going through a travel agent? maybe u can get a group rate?

Originally Posted by jamie0820 

Anyone else freaking out over flight prices? 

I have a bunch of people yet to book (including my entire immediate family) and the round  trip prices from Philly went from 530 to 930 bucks/pp!

I realize the cost of fuel is outrageous right now, but wtf!!!!

#50 Line M

Line M
                    • 171 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Congrats! Its your wedding- do what u want :)

Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

Hi All,

I just booked the ME through my travel agent for Nov 14th at 1:30pm on the beach.  We are going to do a symbolic ceremony first here in Canada before we leave.

Do you have to book a reception in order to play music from a docking station if you bring it?  Because we are getting married early, I thought we'd do our first dance after the wedding at the beach then go for pictures....do you think that's odd?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users