Majestic Elegance---Summer 2011

Thanks so much!  We had such a great time!  And yes, the shirts were from Wedding Tropics.  They turned out to be much better than I expected! :-)

Originally Posted by Line M View Post

MandyB

I loved the pictures! you looked so great and everyone looked so happy. I ordered the same shirts for my son and nephew. wedding tropics right??? Loved everything and u seemed to have so much fun. Congrats!!

I don't think they update the system often. even the pictures they have us look at in the pisa site are so old. why don't you check out tour groups. i went through Air canada vacations - not sure what there  is in the US though

Originally Posted by wife2be View Post

I just checked the website as well, I tried all different dates and they ALL said We are sorry to inform you, that the hotel is no longer available for this period.  

I am getting married 8/12/11, not all of our guest booked either. I am hopeing their site is just not working right now.

we ordered everything for the guys from there. we should be getting them in ten days. Congrats again and i really loved your dress too :)

Originally Posted by MandyB View Post

Thanks so much!  We had such a great time!  And yes, the shirts were from Wedding Tropics.  They turned out to be much better than I expected! :-)

At least you ordered them way in advance.  My now husband tends to procrastinate and it was cutting it pretty close.  His linen pants never did show up!  Imagine us trying to find linen pants in Chicago in February! Yikes, it was difficult!

And thanks, I loved my dress too!  I loved trashing the dress too, but now I have no idea what to do with it!  I don't think I will ever get all the sand out of it.  Plus, my husband accidently stepped on my dress while we were in the Disco after the wedding and ripped the heck out of it! Oh well, made it easier to trash the next day!

Originally Posted by Line M View Post

we ordered everything for the guys from there. we should be getting them in ten days. Congrats again and i really loved your dress too :)

I nagged him until he was so sick of me that he ordered them. I don't care- I got what I wanted LOL. We are on the hunt for a suit right now. He didn't want to order online so we have to wait. Here in Montreal, we aren't expecting to see linen ever but I keep looking around.

As for trashing the dress- looks like so much fun but then I keep thinking of my daughter and maybe she would like it on day. probably not but who knows LOL. I will force it on her!

Originally Posted by MandyB View Post

At least you ordered them way in advance.  My now husband tends to procrastinate and it was cutting it pretty close.  His linen pants never did show up!  Imagine us trying to find linen pants in Chicago in February! Yikes, it was difficult!

And thanks, I loved my dress too!  I loved trashing the dress too, but now I have no idea what to do with it!  I don't think I will ever get all the sand out of it.  Plus, my husband accidently stepped on my dress while we were in the Disco after the wedding and ripped the heck out of it! Oh well, made it easier to trash the next day!

Hi Sarah - I spoke with one of your Aunt's today and just checked pricing for her. There is select inventory available. Some of the room categories have sold out but there is definitely space available. What is really affecting the price right now is the air. It has been fluctuating quite a bit and as oil prices continue to rise so will air rates. Please let me know what you need from me. Thanks, Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Hey girls... If you are getting married or traveling to the Dominican Republic BETWEEN JULY 9 and JULY 23 (not before and not after) I have a discount for American Airlines for 5% off if you would like to use it. As long as you are flying TO PUJ and FROM PUJ roundtrip you can use it. It takes about 30-40$ off and now a days, every little bit counts for our guests...

PM me if you want to use it, I'll be happy to give it to you---

Natalie

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed the WC and asked for a price list for bottles of liquor available for purchase at the resort, and she told me that they dont have that available? She said it would be an outside vendor.

Ok now that i think about it---usually when they have shops they are all individually owned.  Makes sense.  Now I'm just curious to know how much 5 or so bottles would cost to have instead of an open bar.

I am thinking about doing that also- It seems like such a waste spending all that money. Some people bring it with duty free but it seems like a hassle. I have three days when I get there and I will just take a cab to the liquor store if the resort won't do it for us. I wonder how the other bride got them to do it at the resort??? I really need to learn Spanish!