Photo

Photography in Montego Bay

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Jwed12

Jwed12
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

I have really appreciated reading all of your posts. They have all been incredibly helpful to my fiance and I as we are in the beginning stages of our planning process. Quick question though...

-Has anyone worked with Alain Hottat? He has given us an amazing deal which of course makes me a bit nervous for the quality of his work. He is offering $2,000 for...

-TTD

-Videography

-Preparation-Reception coverage

-400 photos on a high res CD

Any feedback would be awesome. Thank you!!!!

#2 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
    • 47 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

My planner has worked with him and likes him but honestly, I was not a fan of his portfolio. The price is not that crazy low, though - you should be able to get that price from a number of on-island photogs. I know Sandy May quoted me around that. I actually sent Alain's website and Sandy's website to all my bridesmaids, told them one was my fave and one was my planner's fave (but did NOT say which) and asked them to choose. It was unanimous on Sandy. (I ended up flying in a photographer from Chicago.) But...if you love Alain's work.....there are a ton of shots on his website so you should be able to get a good idea! Good luck.

#3 haring

haring
      • Banned
      • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:19 AM

Fly somebody from Miami. It takes no time to fly to Jamaica from Miami. Plane tickets are not expensive.

Let us know if we can help!

Otto and Priscilla Haring

www.haringphotography.com

#4 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

There are a lot of great options of on-island photographers as well as destination photographers. I think the most important thing is that their portfolios speak to you! You will probably end up spending more but in the end most brides are happy that they went with the experienced photographers! Good luck!

P.s. I hired Misha Earle from Jamaica..she has been very professional and great!

#5 jamaicawasgreat

jamaicawasgreat
          • Banned
          • 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

i just got back from my wedding at iberostar everything was greeeeeeeeeeat

#6 catererbride

catererbride
            • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

I think Marcia Roberts' works looks great, she has tonnes of great reviews, is lovely to talk to and very reasonable - much more than the prices above. We have hired her for our Sept wedding.

#7 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
              • 349 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hi! I met with Alain Hottat when I did my site visit back in November. I was impressed with his price more than his work. We ended up booking Brian Nejedly.

Check out his work:

http://www.briandesi...m/weddings.html

He also did my engagement pictures when I was down there:

http://www.simplepho...5B4D9B2F5649328

#8 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
                • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm not overly impressed with the resort photographer I'm supposed to use.  I looked into flying a photographer from Ontario, but it was outrageous.  I would have been waaayyy over budget.

#9 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                  • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

Finding a photographer I was comfortable with one of my top priorities! Once that was secured it was like a sigh of relief!

#10 peg123mair

peg123mair
                    • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by snowbeltchick 

I'm not overly impressed with the resort photographer I'm supposed to use.  I looked into flying a photographer from Ontario, but it was outrageous.  I would have been waaayyy over budget.

macphersonmultimedia.squarespace.com

The photographer is from Toronto too, but lives in Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users