Photo

photo sharing

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sharlie

sharlie
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Ok girls I am trying to figure the easiest way for our guests to share their photos. 

I really like the idea of thumb drive for two reasons.

1. We will have the electronic copy of pictures so we can print, edit and put into photobooks

2. People to do not have upload pictures

COncerns:

1. I will never get the thumb drive with pictures.. any tips on this???

Photosharing site

1. Easy for people to upload

COncerns

1. We can't download it

2. we have to print them using that site

3. will people ever upload them

Any help, tips and advice on this matter would be great!! i don't know what I am going to do yet. Thanks for your help.

Negril, Jamaica
    6/29/11
    24 booked =)
    Can't wait til the big day!

#2 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:46 AM

Some photosharing sites do allow you to download the images, but I think most of the quality will be the same on all the sites.  Where would you print them normally?

#3 sharlie

sharlie
      • 261 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

do you know what sites let you download the pictures?  I print them at Costco, and I like to make photobooks through mpix. I can't do this if I can't download them. =(   I also would like to have them to be able to slide shows using movie makes to display on a TV. Thanks so much for your help.

Negril, Jamaica
        6/29/11
        24 booked =)

#4 zelda062

zelda062
        • 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

I am using yogile.com.  You can set up an account and each album you create has its own URL and password.  Anyone that you give this info. to can upload and download pictures.  The pictures that you upload are full resolution and you can send them anywhere to get printed.  We went with this photoshare site because it is very basic and easy to use.  Great for our non computer savvy guests!!  There is a free account, or you can upgrade by paying $24.95 for a year of unlimited downloads.  I figure a year will be plenty of time for everyone to get their pictures uploaded and download any that they want.

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#5 sharlie

sharlie
          • 261 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

thank you so much~! I will look into this site. I really appreciate the info!! happy planning!

Negril, Jamaica
            6/29/11
            24 booked =)

#6 murmel

murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:17 PM

We are using kodakgallery.ca  Not sure if it's similar for the US. But it's quite easy to use, and you can order prints, make photobooks directly from the site. Also they will ship photos, or you can pick them up locally at Futureshop or Best Buy.

But I'm not sure if you can download the shots your guests add.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#7 summafool1

summafool1
            • 223 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

i will also check it out...good post!

#8 sharlie

sharlie
              • 261 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:10 PM

Zelda,  THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love this site and this is exactly what I was looking for!! I appreciate it so much! did you make postcards with URL! I think I am going to the use the same URL whole trip so people don't get confused....thanks again!!!! =) so happy you told me about this site  

Originally Posted by zelda062 

I am using yogile.com.  You can set up an account and each album you create has its own URL and password.  Anyone that you give this info. to can upload and download pictures.  The pictures that you upload are full resolution and you can send them anywhere to get printed.  We went with this photoshare site because it is very basic and easy to use.  Great for our non computer savvy guests!!  There is a free account, or you can upgrade by paying $24.95 for a year of unlimited downloads.  I figure a year will be plenty of time for everyone to get their pictures uploaded and download any that they want.

Negril, Jamaica
                6/29/11
                24 booked =)

#9 zelda062

zelda062
                • 162 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Yes, I am making postcards that we will put in our OOT bags.  The front of the card says:

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Please share yours with us!

We have set up an online account with Yogile to make sharing digital photos with everyone as easy as possible!  Please take this card home with you and use the instructions on the back; we would love to see the moments you have captured!

Then I have put instructions on the back of the card.  I made them on vistaprint.com

Originally Posted by sharlie 

Zelda,  THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love this site and this is exactly what I was looking for!! I appreciate it so much! did you make postcards with URL! I think I am going to the use the same URL whole trip so people don't get confused....thanks again!!!! =) so happy you told me about this site  

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by zelda062 

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#10 sharlie

sharlie
                  • 261 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

thank you so HELPFUL!!!!!

Negril, Jamaica
                    6/29/11
                    24 booked =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users