Stressed Aruba "newbie"

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 valdawg20

• 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

I am planning on getting married in Aruba August 2012. I have been researching so much stuff that my head is starting to go into overload. I am looking at the Marriott, Hyatt, Manchebo, and Occidental for starters. I have a very strict budget and I wanteed to know if anyone give me any advice about how they were able to have a beautiful wedding at any of these locations without breaking the budget? Also, did anyone do a wedding at these locations and did not do a tradtional reception (ie plated dinner/music) and instead did something else? Just curious. Thanks!!!! -Valerie

#2 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hi,  Im not getting married in Aruba, but I'm not doing any of the extra stuff either I have to keep costs down. So just becareful of all the add ons that the resorts push.  Look for a resort that has other activities included that your guest can take a part of.  On bride on here, didn't do the reception but her wedding was on a night that the resort had a fire-show and party so it was great for them.  There are several options...just take your time and breath...everything will work out just fine.  And you still have plenty of time to decide.

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

I forgot to tell you the most important thing -----CONGRATS!!!!!

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#4 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Congratulations! Aruba is gorgeous the water is like a pool so calm no waves. We had a great time when we went. Just be careful and check in regards to prices I knew they were priced more then Mexico and DR. I remember I was one of those people looking at weddings take place on the beach. THis site helps so much hopefully you find your answers. Good luck and happy planning!

#5 kiwibride

• 275 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:10 AM

Congrats Valerie and welcome to the site, try not to stress about the planning, try and enjoy it, you will find all the info you need on this site. You have plenty of time to find the resort that suits you best. Victoria

#6 zelda062

• 162 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:44 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#7 blondy

• 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#8 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Congrats, welcome to this forum.  I found at first things were completely overwhelming until we decided on a budget and a location that fit our budget.  We aren't doing any extras and decided to chose a resort that offered a free wedding package with everything we wanted for our special day included.  I hope that you will find some useful information on here about your destination!  Good luck, things will get easier!

#9 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

Congratulations and Welcome! Planning a wedding can be overwhelming but you will find plenty of resources here. I got married in Aruba and it was amazing.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#10 monique2011

• 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Hi - I'm also planning my wedding in Aruba. I would like to get married October 2011 but fiancĀ©e wants to wait until spring 2012. I am thinking about the renaissance island. If anyone has any information on pricing please share. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users