Photo

zoetry...any suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tammi 2012

tammi 2012
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

I am a cabo bride and my FI and I have looked at so many venues. Does anyone have any suggestions about Zoetry? Or casa dorada?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

zoetry is AMAZING.  if i could do my destination wedding all over again, it would be here.

the wedding department is stellar and i think some of the best in cabo.  the resort REALLY tries to accomodate all your needs for your wedding.

it is an ultra luxury resort and only has like 34 suites.

i did a review in our resorts section (see tabs on top of page) and visited last June.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 kiwibride

kiwibride
    • 275 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

Congrats on your engagement tammi and good luck with your finding your venue this website will def help with the decision making!

Victoria

#4 tammi 2012

tammi 2012
      • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Thank you so much for the advice.  I am working with Yarai right now, and she has been great.  I'm waiting for her to give me room rates and such.  Do you think Zoetry can be done on a $20-25K budget with about 100 people?  Hmmm....

#5 kellydwood14

kellydwood14
        • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

Truthfully, I looked into Zoetry and it was just going to be too expensive for us and our guests.  I worked and worked on Yarai and got to her agree to the following:

$220/person/night for those guests wanting to stay at Zoetry (all inclusive)

$160/person/night for those guests wanting to stay at Dreams (all inclusive)

The problem is that to have the reception at Zoetry, they were going to charge us $75/guest for those guests staying at Zoetry but $130/guest for those staying at Dreams.  $160 for those guests staying elsewhere. 

Also, they have a list of required vendors for flowers and such that you have to use.  In the end, we decided it was going to be too expensive.  The other factor was that they required at least 10 rooms be booked at Zoetry. We didn't know if we could guarantee 10 rooms at Zoetry (due to the cost of $440/couple/night) plus we didn't want some of our guests staying at 1 resort with the majority of others at the other resort.  I was also disappointed as they would not provide free shuttle service on the night of the wedding.  Therefore, that would have been an additional cost.  Let me know if you have any other questions..I tried really really hard to make it work but in the end decided to go with Hacienda Encantada.  It has a ton of charm and they have really been reasonable on their pricing.  Good luck!

#6 kiwibride

kiwibride
          • 275 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kellydwood14 

Truthfully, I looked into Zoetry and it was just going to be too expensive for us and our guests.  I worked and worked on Yarai and got to her agree to the following:

$220/person/night for those guests wanting to stay at Zoetry (all inclusive)

$160/person/night for those guests wanting to stay at Dreams (all inclusive)

The problem is that to have the reception at Zoetry, they were going to charge us $75/guest for those guests staying at Zoetry but $130/guest for those staying at Dreams.  $160 for those guests staying elsewhere. 

Also, they have a list of required vendors for flowers and such that you have to use.  In the end, we decided it was going to be too expensive.  The other factor was that they required at least 10 rooms be booked at Zoetry. We didn't know if we could guarantee 10 rooms at Zoetry (due to the cost of $440/couple/night) plus we didn't want some of our guests staying at 1 resort with the majority of others at the other resort.  I was also disappointed as they would not provide free shuttle service on the night of the wedding.  Therefore, that would have been an additional cost.  Let me know if you have any other questions..I tried really really hard to make it work but in the end decided to go with Hacienda Encantada.  It has a ton of charm and they have really been reasonable on their pricing.  Good luck!

Zoetry looks amazing and i would also have loved to have my wedding there but like you i felt it was too much to ask our guests to pay!

#7 tammi 2012

tammi 2012
            • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

Thanks everyone! I got some additional information from Yarai and found the same thing you all experienced. I just couldn't ask my guest to pay that much.

#8 kiwibride

kiwibride
              • 275 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

have you decided on a resort yarai?

Originally Posted by tammi 2012 

Thanks everyone! I got some additional information from Yarai and found the same thing you all experienced. I just couldn't ask my guest to pay that much.

#9 loscabos

loscabos
                • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi.

I Found this Wedding video and it is from ZOETRY, I like it..   I found it, surfing on the web, if this works for you.

Regards

#10 tammi 2012

tammi 2012
                  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

I am thinking about casa dorada also? Any suggestions on that resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users