Jump to content

Photo

November 2011 Brides!!! All Destinations


  • Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#91 JBean

JBean
  • Jr. Member
  • 429 posts

    Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

    Sasha was my 1st choice too, but he was already booked for our date. He does great work. We're not doing TTD - are you?
     

    Originally Posted by carrieb258 

    I know my fi didn't want to move either but I badgered him till he gave in ;-).

    Wow joanne that is a long break lucky you!

    Jbean I have heard good things about Juan navarro, his work is good considered him ourselves. We have booked Sascha Gluck, persuaded fi to stretch on the budget, like you photos are SO important to me. Are you doing a trash the dress?


     


    Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
    Bride & Groom + 29


    #92 carrieb258

    carrieb258
    • Jr. Member
    • 216 posts

      Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:20 AM


      Oh no I feel bad now JBean he would have been booked for our wedding which is why he wasn't free :-( - really sorry! Wish I could share him with you! 

       

      Yes we are doing a two hour TTD session the next day - they sound so great I just had to do one -scared about the damage it will do to my dress though!!! Have my AHR in December! 

       

      Wow Jen I am so jealous I would LOVE to go Australia and going in December is such a good idea, means you have something to look forward to. Whereabouts are you going? 

       

      Joanne - your bouquet is beautiful - great choice! 

      Originally Posted by JBean 

      Sasha was my 1st choice too, but he was already booked for our date. He does great work. We're not doing TTD - are you?
       



       



       



      #93 JoanneIreland

      JoanneIreland
      • Member
      • 860 posts

        Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

        Thanks! I can't wait for the 18 days in Mexico, it's going to be a long summer though as am saving all my time off. I'm actually off of wrok starting October 28th and don't go back until November 28th, so just over 4 weeks. I am work super long days and am glued to my Blackberry so this will be surreal as I am NOT bringing my laptop and will be turning off the BB. Dreading my Inbox when I get back, LOL!

         

        About switching resorts, we were so torn as well. Didn't want to have to pack up everything and move, but in the end we decided it would really differenciate between the wedding and honeymoon. Plus we wanted to go somewhere that was adults only, so decided on the Excellence and from the reviews I can't wait!

         

        For photographer we are going with Ivan Luckie. We are doing a TTD session as well. Super excited about that! I am thinking about getting a cheap knock off dress for the TTD.



        #94 carrieb258

        carrieb258
        • Jr. Member
        • 216 posts

          Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

          Wow that will be weird for you - exciting though. 

           

          Yes we had the same dilemma about switching resorts but like you say it will be nice to be somewhere different and have that adults only holiday. 

           

          I have heard good things about Ivan Luckie too - what is your wedding date? I have been toying with the idea about getting a knock off dress but want all the photos to be consistent and have me wearing the dress - its so hard though. Pains me to think of what it will do to my gorgeous dress! 
           

          Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

          Thanks! I can't wait for the 18 days in Mexico, it's going to be a long summer though as am saving all my time off. I'm actually off of wrok starting October 28th and don't go back until November 28th, so just over 4 weeks. I am work super long days and am glued to my Blackberry so this will be surreal as I am NOT bringing my laptop and will be turning off the BB. Dreading my Inbox when I get back, LOL!

           

          About switching resorts, we were so torn as well. Didn't want to have to pack up everything and move, but in the end we decided it would really differenciate between the wedding and honeymoon. Plus we wanted to go somewhere that was adults only, so decided on the Excellence and from the reviews I can't wait!

           

          For photographer we are going with Ivan Luckie. We are doing a TTD session as well. Super excited about that! I am thinking about getting a cheap knock off dress for the TTD.



           



          #95 JBean

          JBean
          • Jr. Member
          • 429 posts

            Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:04 AM

            Carrie - Haha, it's ok. I'm sure Juan will be great too. :)


            Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
            Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
            Bride & Groom + 29


            #96 JoanneIreland

            JoanneIreland
            • Member
            • 860 posts

              Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

              Our wedding date is November 17th, coming up quickly!

              I want a different dress for TTD just so I can wear two! Doesn't bother me that the pics will be different.

              Girls I still haven't picked a wedding dress and am freaking about the time!! At this point I know I will have to place a rush order. Going shopping this w/e and hope to pick one.



              #97 carrieb258

              carrieb258
              • Jr. Member
              • 216 posts

                Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

                Don't worry Joanne, I ordered mine in February and it will be in August so you should be fine. Its important you choose the right dress, but good luck i hope you find a lovely one - do let us know if you find one! 
                 

                Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

                Our wedding date is November 17th, coming up quickly!

                I want a different dress for TTD just so I can wear two! Doesn't bother me that the pics will be different.

                Girls I still haven't picked a wedding dress and am freaking about the time!! At this point I know I will have to place a rush order. Going shopping this w/e and hope to pick one.



                 



                #98 JenK

                JenK
                • Jr. Member
                • 302 posts

                  Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

                  Carrie-we are going all around Australia. We have a month there. I am sooooooooo excited! The only area of Australia that I don't think we will get to is the west side. But we will do the outback and east coast all the way down to Adelaide (wineries are a must for me! lol!).

                   

                  Joanne-good luck this weekend finding your dream dress! No panic, they will be able to get a dress in for you!



                  #99 carrieb258

                  carrieb258
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 216 posts

                    Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:14 AM


                    Wow Jen, that is so exciting. I'm loving your idea to hit the wineries 

                    Carrie-we are going all around Australia. We have a month there. I am sooooooooo excited! The only area of Australia that I don't think we will get to is the west side. But we will do the outback and east coast all the way down to Adelaide (wineries are a must for me! lol!).

                     

                    Joanne-good luck this weekend finding your dream dress! No panic, they will be able to get a dress in for you!



                     



                    #100 JenK

                    JenK
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 302 posts

                      Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:26 AM

                      I completely agree! The benefits of a destination wedding is countless! Although sometimes my FI and I think we should have eloped! lol! I see you are from London-we absolutely LOVE going there, my FI's great uncle lives in London. We have been there many times as we love to travel Europe and London is always our first stop!

                       

                      Originally Posted by carrieb258 


                      Wow Jen, that is so exciting. I'm loving your idea to hit the wineries  - that is what I can an amazing honeymoon. Lucky you! 

                       

                      That is the only downside to a DW is we dont get a 'proper' honeymoon but I think the benefits far outway the negatives - don't you? 

                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users