Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
clgriffi7

November 2011 Brides!!! All Destinations

Recommended Posts

Another Nov 2011 bride here! We're getting married on Nov 10th. We have been engaged since Feb 2010, sent out STDs in November, and just sent out invites last week! 

 

I have a lot of things done - menus, programs, started OOT bags... but it's difficult when you don't know how many people are coming! How do you guys deal with this issue??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We have the same wedding date! I'm getting married in Los Cabos, how about you?

 

I am waiting until final RSVP's to finish items like meus, programs, OOT bags. What is everyone else doing?
 

Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Another Nov 2011 bride here! We're getting married on Nov 10th. We have been engaged since Feb 2010, sent out STDs in November, and just sent out invites last week! 

 

I have a lot of things done - menus, programs, started OOT bags... but it's difficult when you don't know how many people are coming! How do you guys deal with this issue??

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're getting married in the Mayan Riviera. It's probably smart to leave things until you know final #'s... I'm too impatient. lol.
 

Originally Posted by JenK View Post


We have the same wedding date! I'm getting married in Los Cabos, how about you?

 

I am waiting until final RSVP's to finish items like meus, programs, OOT bags. What is everyone else doing?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


My goal is going to be to have everything designed (like programs, tags for OOT bags, etc..) in the next couple of months and then in Sept/Oct I will print/assemble them all.  As for OOT bags, I would scout out stores and websites so that when you have a guest count you are ready to purchase and don't have to go looking for things.
 

Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Another Nov 2011 bride here! We're getting married on Nov 10th. We have been engaged since Feb 2010, sent out STDs in November, and just sent out invites last week! 

 

I have a lot of things done - menus, programs, started OOT bags... but it's difficult when you don't know how many people are coming! How do you guys deal with this issue??

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi clgriffi7!

 

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! When I planned my destination wedding, I used Favor Warehouse http://www.favorwarehouse.com/  for nearly all of our OOT bags. We purchased things like lip glosses that were personalized with a scene of a beach that said "Eric & Chelsea" Riviera Maya, Mexico, 6.19.10 and decks of cards that had the same thing on the case (the cards weren't branded, just the plastic cases that they came in (which were great to keep them clean and from being wrecked by travel).  In addition to those things we also went to Target and purchased mini travel bottles of sunscreen, aloe and OFF wipes. We also threw in some candy (easy, cheap, everyone loves candy). I picked up mini individual UNO cards at the party store to throw in there as well. It was really cute because so many people then used the bags throughout the week to tote around suntan lotion, room cards, etc. so you could always see who was a guest in our wedding around the resort :)

 

Just please know that as stressful as these bags can easily become, your guests will be thrilled to have them regardless of what they actually contain. People were so grateful that they were all ready for them in their rooms and things were so personalized. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

 

Chelsea
 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post


My goal is going to be to have everything designed (like programs, tags for OOT bags, etc..) in the next couple of months and then in Sept/Oct I will print/assemble them all.  As for OOT bags, I would scout out stores and websites so that when you have a guest count you are ready to purchase and don't have to go looking for things.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies! I am having a traditional Indian DW on November 26, 2011 at Moon Palace in Cancun! We got engaged in July 2010 and sent out our Save the Dates in February/March 2011!

 

Right now, I'm working with designers in India to get our invitations done, I went to India to do all of my clothes shopping, and am starting to look into decor and OOT bags... so much to do! But I love this stuff!

 

Haven't gone through this entire post yet, but looking forward to talking you guys across the next several months to share ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations SChica927! My husband and I were married in the Riviera Maya last June. It's such a gorgeous area!  I can only imagine how incredibly beautiful your wedding will be with it being a traditional Indian wedding. After my travels to India, it inspired me in jewelry design with the incredible colors and craftsmanship. Good luck with the planning!
 

Originally Posted by SChica927 View Post

Hi ladies! I am having a traditional Indian DW on November 26, 2011 at Moon Palace in Cancun! We got engaged in July 2010 and sent out our Save the Dates in February/March 2011!

 

Right now, I'm working with designers in India to get our invitations done, I went to India to do all of my clothes shopping, and am starting to look into decor and OOT bags... so much to do! But I love this stuff!

 

Haven't gone through this entire post yet, but looking forward to talking you guys across the next several months to share ideas!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I can't wait! :)
 

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post

Congratulations SChica927! My husband and I were married in the Riviera Maya last June. It's such a gorgeous area!  I can only imagine how incredibly beautiful your wedding will be with it being a traditional Indian wedding. After my travels to India, it inspired me in jewelry design with the incredible colors and craftsmanship. Good luck with the planning!
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

 

JBean and Jen K we have the same wedding date too, and we too are getting married in Mayan Riveria in Tulum. It's getting exciting now isn't it - so much fun planning things! 

 

Have you girls got your dresses??

 

xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Carrie!!!

So fun to have the same wedding date! I'm getting married in Cabo. Yes I got my dress, you can check it out if you like :) It is the San Patrick Eresma. I love it! We have the attire for the men and just ordered the bridesmaid dresses. Now I'm onto accessories :) How about you-did you find your dress yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×