T&C... marriage w/o a license?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 urmysunshine

• 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hi everyone!

SO and I are planning to get married at T&C June 2012.  However, after talking it over extensively, we'd like to leave the government out of it.  I know it may sound crazy, but we just want the ceremony to be about us.  Does anyone know if this is even possible??  Can we just have a commitment ceremony without getting a license?

#2 Tennyt1

• 1,131 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

I don't know if this is possible.....you could get you marriage license here and then it would just be a vow renewal in TC.

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#3 hockeymom97

• 2,458 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

You do need the marriage license in order for it to be legally recognized....but like Tenny said, you could just go to the courthouse and do the legal stuff in the states and then do a vow renewal type ceremony in T&C?

Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#4 urmysunshine

• 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

Thanks guys.  I guess I should have made myself a little more clear, we were wanting to just do a commitment ceremony.  I guess I just didn't have those exact words when I started the thread.  It's not a big deal if we have to go and get an actual marriage license and yada yada yada.  But, the license doesn't make it anymore real to us.  Our commitment would be a commitment. 

Thanks again!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users