Photo

Chocolate Brides: Locs, braids, etc.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 uhura526

uhura526
  • 330 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I will most likely do a lace front wig and have my hair corn rowed or get tree braids underneath so I can whip that bad boy off and go scuba diving after my wedding and on our mini moon!

#12 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
    • 789 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Have any of you tried a product called Kinky Curly?? Google it....it may be an option for you.

My other suggestions would be:

• straw set
      • cane row braids the night before wedding into a side part style. Undo the day of and leave it crinkly and put a beautiful big funky flower on one side
      • Twists (then you can do a half up/down style depending on length)
      • slick it back into a ponytail if its long enough and do a side low bun (you can even buy amazing bun pieces to put in)
      • high bun. Make sure the sides are well slicked tho

Gosh...I could talk hair all day. Lol!

Very helpful suggestions JA2012!   Hair jewelry are amazing accessories that do not only add style to a typical updo, but sexifies your overall wedding appearance. Make an old school hairstyle gorgeous with an exotic hair couture that will truly make you a certified bombshell bride!

Lovely, right? Good luck dear brides!! 

#13 iLuvPinkNPurple

iLuvPinkNPurple
      • Banned
      • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

Very helpful suggestions JA2012!   Hair jewelry are amazing accessories that do not only add style to a typical updo, but sexifies your overall wedding appearance. Make an old school hairstyle gorgeous with an exotic hair couture that will truly make you a certified bombshell bride!

Yes, lovely!! I love that red flower orchid! So exotic and unique. I am thinking of blending red to our wedding theme. 

#14 iLuvPinkNPurple

iLuvPinkNPurple
        • Banned
        • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

Yes, lovely!! I love that red flower orchid! So exotic and unique. I am thinking of blending red to our wedding theme. 

#15 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

@ IluvPinkandPurple -   The color red does not only prettify a white or ivory colored gown but it signifies love, passion, power and good luck. Now that's a load of confidence while donning your lovely dress and charmingly exotic hair jewelry! 

XOXO

Chelsea

#16 JA2012

JA2012
            • 334 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Are most of you ladies having a hair trial with the salon at the destination where you are getting married? Are you doing your own hair? Or are you just going to say a prayer before hand and hope for the best? My hair is always an issue so I struggle with this one. 

#17 DBride2B

DBride2B
              • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

JA2012 Don't get me started talking about hair products because I am a product junkie lol. I did try kinky curly but it was too "gummy" I did love the leave in Knot Today. I am debating wearing my hear natural in spring twists for my wedding or to do a sew-in. I don't think my hair will be at the length I would like by July.

#18 JA2012

JA2012
                • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by DBride2B 

JA2012 Don't get me started talking about hair products because I am a product junkie lol. I did try kinky curly but it was too "gummy" I did love the leave in Knot Today. I am debating wearing my hear natural in spring twists for my wedding or to do a sew-in. I don't think my hair will be at the length I would like by July.

HAHAHAH! I'm a product junkie also. I've been growing out my relaxer for a year now and trying to go all natural. Coconut oil btw has been a godsend! Makes it soft and I think its causing it to grow too. Try it. My jar says 100% coconut oil...good for skin, hair and COOKING. hahaha. I got it at the west indian store in the food aisle. Walmart etc also prob sell it. or health food.

It would be a shame to have to relax it just for the wedding since I've been so good up til now. But I may need to in order to achieve the look I want. Even with a sew in I'd want smooth edges. Ugh...the debate continues....

#19 JA2012

JA2012
                  • 334 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Is everyone doing their own hair at there DW? If not, who have you booked to do yours? Especially the brides getting married in JA.

#20 Shaylaj

Shaylaj
                    • 42 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                    • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I'm doing my own hair for my wedding day! I'm pretty picky and no one can ever style my hair that way that I can. The only thing is my package with the resort includes the hair and make up so I'm gonna see if I can swap the hair out for something else or try to use the credit towards something else.

Are most of you ladies having a hair trial with the salon at the destination where you are getting married? Are you doing your own hair? Or are you just going to say a prayer before hand and hope for the best? My hair is always an issue so I struggle with this one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users