Photo

What is the proper bridal shower etiquette for people who declined for the wedding...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
  • 594 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hey ladies, just wondering for the guests that have declined no they will not attend the our destination wedding, should we still extend an invite to them for our bridal shower? I don't know if that is proper or not proper. Please advise! Thanks!

#2 wendyL77

wendyL77
    • Site Supporter
    • 31 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

I definetly think so! I am!

#3 mmcst38

mmcst38
      • 237 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

I am inviting everyone even if they can't make the wedding and of course at the shower will remind them of our party after we return home. I was up in the air about the shower invites until my wise friend pointed out that because we are having a destination wedding teh shwoer is another way to make those who can not make the trip still feeel they were included.

May 13, 2011
        Riu Resort
        Ochos Rios Jamaica

#4 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
        • 594 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

I agree. A friend of mine also told me the same thing earlier. Esp since we are not having an AHR the shower will be a way for them to definitely be included. Thanks for your reply ladies!

Originally Posted by mmcst38 

I am inviting everyone even if they can't make the wedding and of course at the shower will remind them of our party after we return home. I was up in the air about the shower invites until my wise friend pointed out that because we are having a destination wedding teh shwoer is another way to make those who can not make the trip still feeel they were included.

#5 islandbride8

islandbride8
          • 315 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Everyone who got an invitation from me will be invited to my shower.  I don't want people to feel left out just b/c they can't spend the money to come to our wedding.

#6 delgadot

delgadot
            • 284 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

I agree I would still send them an invite to the bridal shower.

#7 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
              • 324 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

I don't know if I even want to have a bridal shower - I feel like nobody should get me gifts... can you have a non-gift bridal shower? lol...

#8 ryan190

ryan190
                • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Definitely invite them to the bridal shower.   That's the whole point because they can't go to your wedding.

#9 MDLady

MDLady
                  • 433 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:57 AM

Absolutely!!!

#10 MDLady

MDLady
                    • 433 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

I don't know if I even want to have a bridal shower - I feel like nobody should get me gifts... can you have a non-gift bridal shower? lol...

Yes, you can definitely do that.  Just FYI, many people will WANT to get you gifts, especially those who cannot attend the DW.  I asked for no gifts at the bridal shower but everyone still brought gifts and those who were out of town shipped them to my house.  But I did stress the point that since people are spending $$ traveling to our wedding, gifts are not necessary.  But after I mentioned it, people kept asking so I ended up setting up a small registry (probably 40 items or so).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users