Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by LauraMinn View Post

Gorgeous!

Thank you LauraMinn!

Originally Posted by IR2BBooker View Post

Congratulations!!!!  You look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing.   Where did you have your cocktail hour and reception?  I'm getting married in October and still trying to figure that out.  Any feedback you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you IR2BBooker!!  We had our cocktail hour at the Wave Lounge and our reception at the Blue Terrace.  Let me know if you h ave any questions about these.  We also had a Welcome Beach BBQ Dinner on the Beach the night before the wedding. What locations are you thinking of?

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Hi Ladies,

Just thought you would want to know that AB now offers sky weddings.  just saw it on their facebook page!

Kerry

Yes! One of the reasons I booked Azul Beach Hotel was for the new Sky Terrace they were building but unfortunatley it was not complete for our wedding. I was so bummed but after having my wedding on the beach I have no regrets...It was perfect! Below is a photo of their new Sky/Wedding Terrace! Looks pretty nice.

264105_10150307435171214_126795226213_9385282_5030656_n.jpg

Hi Azul Beach Hotel Brides!

We just got some Teaser photos from our photographer!  Samuel Luna was our photographer...  www.SamuelLuna.com

Let me know if you have any questions about him.  We booked him for 8 hours on the wedding day and TTD/Honeymoon photos.

I can't wait to get the rest of our photos and our video!

IMG_0081.jpg         IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_8845a.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9194.jpg

• Like 1

Love your pics!!!  Where did you have your reception?  How many people?  Also how was your honeymoon?

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Hi Azul Beach Hotel Brides!

We just got some Teaser photos from our photographer!  Samuel Luna was our photographer...  www.SamuelLuna.com

Let me know if you have any questions about him.  We booked him for 8 hours on the wedding day and TTD/Honeymoon photos.

I can't wait to get the rest of our photos and our video!

IMG_0081.jpg         IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_8845a.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9194.jpg

Thank you!!  We had our reception at the Blue Terrace and it was a beautiful setting! We had a total of 50 people which included our 2 photographers and 2 video people.  Our honeymoon was great! We went to Secrets Maroma and had a swimout suite which was perfect for us.  The resort was nice but totally different from Azul Beach Hotel because it was so much bigger! Where are you thinking of having your honeymoon?

Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post

Love your pics!!!  Where did you have your reception?  How many people?  Also how was your honeymoon?

• Like 1

Not yet! Do you have any questions I can answer?

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Beautiful pictures Melissa! Did you write your review yet? If so I'll have to read it. Want to know all the details :). Yesterday was 9 months till the wedding! :o)

I have a question!  I need recommendations for bars/social locations within the resort.  We aren't having many formal gatherings except the wedding ceremony and reception, so I want to designate a time every day where our guests can come together and mingle with us and each other.  We want to pick a bar or location where everyone can meet for pre-dinner drinks and socializing.  My fiance and I would commit to being at a certain location at a certain time each day, and whoever else wants to show up can.  We're thinking it would be cocktail hour, so between 5:30 and 7 or so, and people would be dressed for dinner, rather than in swimsuits. 

Can you recommend a bar or location that would be good for this? 

By the way, Melissa, your photos are gorgeous!

So many!! Did you guys do a welcome dinner? We are doing it Friday on the beach Mexican BBQ with the donkey. We added the s'mores fire pit but I haven't really seen pics. I also asked my wc what do they use like chairs or some sort of seating by the fire. The wedding is Saturday which we are having on the terrace. The ceremony will be on The beach. I'm still on the search for shoes. What did you wear? Um what else so many things. How'd everything go once you were down there. I know we have the wc here then the wc there. They're everywhere! Lol I don't know if anyone else has asked but I wanted fireWorks for the wedding like at the end of the night. My wc said we couldn't do them. I don't know if its because on the beach but can't they light them. Has anyone else had a fireworks display? Lots of questions! I'm sure some more will come to me later. I also saw you and your mom posted on trip advisor. I always check to see what new reviews people have given about the hotel. I never saw this hotel on my site visit. My fiancé actually picked it out so fingers crossed. I'm sure everything will be fine :)

When I was there there were only 2 bars open but they are adding restaurants and maybe bars so I would check with your wedding coordinator. There is the Aquanox Bar (outside by the main pool) that is open until 11 p.m. and the Tequila Lounge (inside and air conditioned) open from 5 p.m. - 1 a.m. We only had a Welcome Dinner on the beach and then our wedding reception and we wanted to meet up with our guests every night too...We made a schedule of events and every night that we did not have something planned we put "Meet us for drinks after dinner at the Aquanox Bar and then the Tequila Lounge."  But you really don't have to do this because the resort is so small and everyone was at the Aquanox bar before and after dinner and then the Tequila lounge after the Aquanox closes. A couple of the nights (including the wedding night after the reception) our group were the only ones in the Tequila Lounge and we had the place all to ourselves! It was like a private event for free! It so easy to hang out with your guests because you run into them everywhere you go which is so nice! The resort was fully booked and it didn't seem crowded at all which was great!

How many guests are you having?  Also, its so easy to get tables for a big group for dinner at the restaurants...they are so accommodating! The first night they put a table of 20 together for us! 

Also, thank you for the comment on my photos! Who is your photographer?

Originally Posted by LauraMinn View Post

I have a question!  I need recommendations for bars/social locations within the resort.  We aren't having many formal gatherings except the wedding ceremony and reception, so I want to designate a time every day where our guests can come together and mingle with us and each other.  We want to pick a bar or location where everyone can meet for pre-dinner drinks and socializing.  My fiance and I would commit to being at a certain location at a certain time each day, and whoever else wants to show up can.  We're thinking it would be cocktail hour, so between 5:30 and 7 or so, and people would be dressed for dinner, rather than in swimsuits. 

Can you recommend a bar or location that would be good for this? 

By the way, Melissa, your photos are gorgeous!

We did a Welcome Dinner on the beach the night before the wedding. It was really nice...They only bad thing was when it got dark...The lights they provided did not light up the area very good. Kind of a bummer! We asked for more lights and it sounded like they were going to get more but they never did.  We also did a photo slide show at the Welcome Dinner. This was BBQ buffet dinner which was a private event for 4 hours but I think we only stayed on the beach for about 3 hours since it was so dark and we all went to the Aquanox bar to hang out.

I wore wedges for the ceremony and then changed into heels for the ceremony. I can post pics if you want..just let me know.

I wanted fireworks and fire dancers but they said no and I have not heard anyone that has done this.

YOU will LOVE this resort! It is AMAZING! All our guests are still raving about the resort and say they can't believe we picked such a great resort! When you think of Mexico you think of all those large resorts with 500plus rooms which are great but for a wedding a small boutique resort was the perfect choice! We want to go back for our 1 year anniversary (Even though we always choose adult only resorts when we go to Mexico.)  cheesy.gif

How many people are you having?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

So many!! Did you guys do a welcome dinner? We are doing it Friday on the beach Mexican BBQ with the donkey. We added the s'mores fire pit but I haven't really seen pics. I also asked my wc what do they use like chairs or some sort of seating by the fire. The wedding is Saturday which we are having on the terrace. The ceremony will be on The beach. I'm still on the search for shoes. What did you wear?

Um what else so many things. How'd everything go once you were down there. I know we have the wc here then the wc there. They're everywhere! Lol I don't know if anyone else has asked but I wanted fireworks for the wedding like at the end of the night. My WC said we couldn't do them. I don't know if its because on the beach but can't they light them. Has anyone else had a fireworks display?

Lots of questions! I'm sure some more will come to me later. I also saw you and your mom posted on trip advisor. I always check to see what new reviews people have given about the hotel. I never saw this hotel on my site visit. My fiancé actually picked it out so fingers crossed. I'm sure everything will be fine :)