Photo

Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#441 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:06 AM

Anne, Try not to get frustrated. I kept it simple. After stressing for months about how to budget all the vendor fees, I finally found Blue Lens photography who deducted the $800 vendor fee from my package, since I chose the Royal Photography package....pics and video were the most important to me. Then, I decided not to use a DJ at all and just rent the amp & microphone for $250. I was extremely happy with my decision. I chose the chicken & veggies plate for my reception. It was only $14 per person. My thought process was, "why pay all this money for ONE dinner when the resort is all inclusive?" If someone wants something different to eat, eat before you come to the wedding or after the wedding. There are TONS of choices that are already paid for AND they have 24 hour room service. We even brought our own decor and had them decorate. I was extremely happy with everything and their willingness to work with me. All the negotiations made before we arrived were basically a waste of time. Everything truly happens once you arrive and meet with the Wedding Coordinators. Good luck! Try not to stress!! You will regret worrying!!!! I PROMISE!! I still kick myself for stressing! It was truly a fairytale and everything ended up perfect!!

#442 TarynM

TarynM
    • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

We did churros for our dessert :)

#443 TarynM

TarynM
      • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Amanda I agree 100%! Everything was perfect and I definitely stressed myself out worrying about every last detail. And on the day of the wedding, I didn't even notice the small details. Was busy having so much fun and so weren't my guests!

#444 tracey lynn

tracey lynn
        • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi Eveyone. I am having a horrible experience planning my wedding at this hotel. Well it was basically pulling teeth to get my coordinator to respond to me, and offer me my options. Then one week before our decisions are due, I find out she isn't with the company anymore (mind you I had already been awaiting a response for a week and a half). So the supervisor Fabio has taken over my account. I have sent him about 7 or 8 emails, and three phone calls in the past three weeks, and no response. All he keeps saying is he will get back to me within 24 hours. I just called today requesting to speak with upper management and they won't patch me through. I am expected to pay in full in less than one month but decisions cannot be made without responses to my questions. My wedding is the first week of December and this lack of communication is completely unacceptable. Do any of you have an email or phone number of a wedding coordinator manager, or anyone that you think could help me with this?? Sorry for the venting, they have just pushed this bride to her limit. :( thanks. tracey lynn

#445 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hi Tracey,

I'm so sorry to hear about your frustrations. Take a deep breath!! You still have plenty of time to get all the details planned, and final payment made. I don't think we made our final payment until a couple of weeks before our wedding - it just took that long to finish up the details. And we made some changes once we got onsite too. The length of time for responses in the planning stages can be very frustrating, and I think most of us freaked out a bit (ok, I know I freaked out about the time lags). As the wedding got closer, the responses were faster, and everything was taken care of. I freaked and stressed myself out for nothing. 

Do you have a TA who can reach out to the resort directly to prompt Lomas to reach out to you? Have you tried connecting via online chat with Lomas to get some answers? 

Quote:
          Originally Posted by tracey lynn 

Hi Eveyone. I am having a horrible experience planning my wedding at this hotel. Well it was basically pulling teeth to get my coordinator to respond to me, and offer me my options. Then one week before our decisions are due, I find out she isn't with the company anymore (mind you I had already been awaiting a response for a week and a half). So the supervisor Fabio has taken over my account. I have sent him about 7 or 8 emails, and three phone calls in the past three weeks, and no response. All he keeps saying is he will get back to me within 24 hours. I just called today requesting to speak with upper management and they won't patch me through. I am expected to pay in full in less than one month but decisions cannot be made without responses to my questions. My wedding is the first week of December and this lack of communication is completely unacceptable. Do any of you have an email or phone number of a wedding coordinator manager, or anyone that you think could help me with this?? Sorry for the venting, they have just pushed this bride to her limit. :( thanks. tracey lynn

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#446 Anna Collins

Anna Collins
          • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Anna, and I just set my date, May 6th, 2014! Ours is going to be really small, 10-15 people. :)

#447 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
            • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

So excited for y'all!!!! Getting married the day after Cinco de mayo!!! We got married May 9 of this year and arrived the day before cinco de mayo. You can see our photos on www.facebook.com/rollergirl80

#448 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
              • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

#449 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
                • 61 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Posted Image

#450 tracey lynn

tracey lynn
                  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

thank you for your response. I finally was able to get a hold of a coordinator and had them answer my questions and figure out what was going on. Nice to know though that I am not the only one with lagged response time. I appreciate your suggestions :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users