Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#341 htztrtz

htztrtz
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda Hammett 

Thank you!! Do you know if it was version I or version II? I noticed on amazon there are two different ones. The older version for $219 and the newest version for $299. Also did it have an outlet for a microphone and did you bring your own mic for toasts, speeches, etc?

It is version II - my hubby doesn't think it makes a difference. We didn't bring a microphone but looking at the back of the bose speaker - there is a line-in for a mic. We didn't have toasts until the main reception so we didn't need anything but music for the pre-party we were using them for.

#342 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
    • 61 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Htztrtz- thank you!!!!

#343 girltravel77

girltravel77
      • 48 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thank you so much ladies!!!! I put my FI to work on the music. =) I think we may buy a speaker system too! Did you get your DJ a meal? I saw on the Sensatori page that they were able to order vendor meals for $9, but my coordinator didn't mention that option at Azul Beach.

#344 KaelaMcD

KaelaMcD
        • 52 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by girltravel77 

Thank you so much ladies!!!! I put my FI to work on the music. =) I think we may buy a speaker system too! Did you get your DJ a meal? I saw on the Sensatori page that they were able to order vendor meals for $9, but my coordinator didn't mention that option at Azul Beach.

We did not provide a meal for the DJ. They were working the entire time, including dinner, they were playing great dinner music. I doubt they expect you to pay for their dinner, although it's a nice gesture. I'm sure if they DO expect it, they'll let you know! 

We provided a meal for the photographer/videographer, but that was because they were with us from 3pm-10pm. We worked out the charge for the meal with our coordinator in Miami, but I would recommend checking again with the coordinator's at Azul Beach once you get there...they had no recollection that we had requested this ahead of time. I can't remember the exact cost, but it was very reasonable, and was not the same "fancy" dinner that we served our guests. Hope that helps.

#345 girltravel77

girltravel77
          • 48 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's true since they'll be working from 7 - 11 which is our whole reception, I'm not sure when they would break to eat. Thanks for sharing! =)

#346 girltravel77

girltravel77
            • 48 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Hi Kaela,

I love how you did the starfish name cards in a tray with sand.  I have shell holders that I wanted to put in a similar tray.  did you bring that yourself or did the resort have it for you to use?  If you got it yourself, where did you get it from?  I can't believe we leave in 1.5 weeks!!

Thank you!!!

Melissa

#347 KaelaMcD

KaelaMcD
              • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by girltravel77 

Hi Kaela,

I love how you did the starfish name cards in a tray with sand.  I have shell holders that I wanted to put in a similar tray.  did you bring that yourself or did the resort have it for you to use?  If you got it yourself, where did you get it from?  I can't believe we leave in 1.5 weeks!!

Thank you!!!

Melissa

Originally I wanted to bring a tray, just like the one they had...and it just wasn't happening! There was just no way I could pack it! So, I rolled the dice and hoped that they would have something to help make the idea in my head come to life. Sure enough, they had that tray at the resort, and provided it, and set up all the name "cards" for no additional charge. You should be good.

That is so exciting that you leave so soon!!! You are going to have such an amazing time...so jealous! We all want lots of pics when you get back. Congrats again, and have so much fun!

#348 asposeep

asposeep
                • 31 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Is anyone going on a honeymoon after the wedding? I'm trying to find good honeymoon destinations near Azul Beach...we have booked a room at Hotel Rolandi for a few days after our wedding (in Isla Mujeres) but wanted to ask around in case there is somewhere better :)

Thanks ladies!

#349 LanaM18

LanaM18
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hey!! We looked everywhere and stopped on st Lucia. I have a travel agency as a side thing so if intersted please email me lana.monastyrsky at gmail.com and I will be happy to hook a fellow destination wedding bride up with an awesome honeymoon :) cheaper then anything online.

#350 AllieH

AllieH
                    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 2,014 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Have you thought about the AB's sister hotels El Dorado Royale, El Dorado Maroma or El Dorado Seaside Suites? 

I can vouch for EDR as an awesome resort for a honeymoon! Very romantic, fantastic service, great food too. 

Originally Posted by asposeep 

Is anyone going on a honeymoon after the wedding? I'm trying to find good honeymoon destinations near Azul Beach...we have booked a room at Hotel Rolandi for a few days after our wedding (in Isla Mujeres) but wanted to ask around in case there is somewhere better :)

Thanks ladies!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users