Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by girltravel77 View Post

Hi Kaela and any other brides who got married at ABH! I was wondering if any of you had guests stay outside the resort and how the day passes work? One of our groomsmen and our officiant (a married couple) are staying outside the resort, but we'd like them to spend the day before the wedding and the full day on the day of the wedding with us at the resort. How is the 8 hour policy enforced? Also, when I looked back out our Azul contract it says guests with day passes are not allowed in any of the guest rooms. Is this enforced? Any help you can provide is much much appreciated!! Thank you, Melissa

Sorry I can't help on this one! All of our guests stayed at Azul Beach. I remember thinking that the day pass was really expensive! I think some of our guests looked into staying at another resort, adults only, but when they realized what the charge was for day passes (we weren't going to pay for them) they decided it wasn't worth it to stay somewhere else. That's probably no help...sorry. :-(

Originally Posted by LS2014 View Post

Hello everyone!!! My Fiancé and I are currently looking into Azul Beach Resort for our 2014 wedding, and I am so happy I have stumbled upon this thread!!

I have been in contact with a wedding coordinator for the hotel, and she informed me that there is a maximum number of 65 guests that the hotel can hold for a wedding. I have seen a few different posts that some other Azul brides have had an upwards of 90-100 people at their reception. Does anyone know if the "maximum of 65 guests" is just a recommendation? Or is this a strict number the hotel will hold you to?

Any help with this would be great!!

Hi LS2014 - Our wedding was 65 people. we were nervous that we were going to have closer to 90 people, and to be honest, i don't know how easy it would be to do much more than 65-70. their venues are on the smaller side (and some venues have a maximum of 50-55 people), so i think if you had more than 65-70 you would be stuck having all of your events in the ballroom....

Originally Posted by Jess878 View Post

Yea I didn't know about the 300 limit... Hmmm I really have to go back and see how much I've pd for stuff.

One thing I wish I had realized is that the 300 isn't a "limit" - it's just that over and above that amount you would have to pay a duty on it. (Not sure what the amount was.) I had misunderstood the policy and was worried that customs just wouldn't allow the goods through if you went over and above that amount.

My mom came in with 607 worth of stuff and they asked for the receipts but then didn't really do the math so she didn't need to pay any duty. Two of our friends came in with 300 each and the agents did calculate the totals based on all of hte receipts.

Originally Posted by karyc View Post

Hi LS2014 - Our wedding was 65 people. we were nervous that we were going to have closer to 90 people, and to be honest, i don't know how easy it would be to do much more than 65-70. their venues are on the smaller side (and some venues have a maximum of 50-55 people), so i think if you had more than 65-70 you would be stuck having all of your events in the ballroom....

Karyc - Thank you so much for your response! I had a feeling that anything more than there suggested 65 guests would just cause for a crowded event. I do not want to be stuck inside the ballroom! That would defeat the whole reason why we are choosing a destination wedding at the beach! =) I am hoping for no more than 70 people to show for our wedding, but wanted to hear some other Azul brides ideas on how many guests they had and what venue they chose. What venue did you have your wedding and reception at? Thank agan for your response, any help is much appreciated!!

Hi Kaela - I wasn't sure if you've had a chance to send that info you sent via snail mail to your guests before the wedding? - just want to make sure it didn't go to my spam inbox by accident! My email is melissalee_s@yahoo.com. Thank you once again! I agree the day passes are expensive! We really wanted everyone to be at the resort with us, but in our friend's case it makes sense since they are a family of 4 and their brother lives in Cancun where they can stay for free. Free stay makes it still a lot cheaper to cough up the dough for the day passes than actually stay in the resort. I also was curious if anyone used the ipod docking station for $150 vs. the amplifier for $250? Does the docking station have adequate sound for the lesser price or is it worth it to get the amplifier system?

Thanks Amanda!! I was kind of hoping everyone would just show up and know what to do. I didn't even think about sending additional information to them in advance. I'm sure the amplifier system will work just fine if you have your playlist all set up. Will someone from your wedding party be MCing? We want to have our own ipod music at the welcome party as well as the cocktail hour before the reception starts and we are hiring a dj for the reception. I thought having our own music would be a lot cheaper but even with renting the docking station or amplifier, the $$ certainly adds up fast!!!

Originally Posted by LanaM18 View Post

I am having a private beach party/Welcome Mixer and was wondering what previous brides were using for music there?  They told me I can rent an amplifer for 250...anyone use that? 

Originally Posted by girltravel77 View Post

Hi Kaela - I wasn't sure if you've had a chance to send that info you sent via snail mail to your guests before the wedding? - just want to make sure it didn't go to my spam inbox by accident! My email is melissalee_s@yahoo.com. Thank you once again! I agree the day passes are expensive! We really wanted everyone to be at the resort with us, but in our friend's case it makes sense since they are a family of 4 and their brother lives in Cancun where they can stay for free. Free stay makes it still a lot cheaper to cough up the dough for the day passes than actually stay in the resort. I also was curious if anyone used the ipod docking station for $150 vs. the amplifier for $250? Does the docking station have adequate sound for the lesser price or is it worth it to get the amplifier system?

Originally Posted by Amanda Hammett View Post

Kaela,

I as well was wondering if you had emailed me the information you mailed to your guests.  My email is amanda.hammett@aronov.com

Girltravel77, I will send you what I sent a few weeks ago to my guests. 

I am renting the $250 amplifier instead of a DJ....I'm nervous about this decision.

Hey girls! Sorry for the delay, I just sent you both the notes we sent to our guests a couple weeks prior to the wedding.

I can tell you my experience with the amplifier. I rented it for our private cocktail party the evening before the wedding. We went with the amplifier because we weren't sure about how much the sound would project with just an ipod docking station, and we wanted to give a few speeches and allow guests to "roast and toast" us, and the amplifier includes a microphone.

It was a great choice. The price actually includes a "sound guy" that worked out really well because he would turn the music up and down when people were/weren't giving a speech. We had the cocktail party at the Wave Lounge, outdoors, and I do think the amplified sound was a good choice, as the waves can be a little noisy! :-)

I brought my own ipod and had created a playlist ahead of time. I included a lot of caribbean island style music, some reggae, steel pan hits. Fun stuff! Hope that helps.

• Like 1