Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

I am using Lynda too. To say she is super slow is an understatement. I also do not find her responses particularly helpful or informative. For example, I informed her I wanted to have a cocktail party one of hte nights prior to the wedding 2 months ago. She still cannot confirm that is is possible. Its been 2 months. I dont understand. I told her I wanted a live band to play latin music at the wedding. She said there were 2 options, but can only send me video/audio for one. I dont understand why she thinks that would be ok. Sorry for the rant, but I am very frustrated with her.

hi all - my fiance and i went to azul beach last weekend for a tasting, and all of the food we tried was SO good. if you're looking for options, we ended up deciding to go with the pick and choose dinner menu with the oven-baked cappellacci (for vegetarians - so good), miso-glazed salmon (which was seriously amazing; my fiance who usually doesn't eat any fish or meat was about ready to lick the plate), and then the seared filet mignon. for appetizers the tamarind vichysoisse (sp?) was really really good. as was the oaxacan chocolate mousse for dessert.

oh, and! i am a little concerned because there are some pretty strict guest limits on the different venues for the cocktail hours/etc (e.g., wave lounge can only be 55 people; chil beach can only be 60) -- i wish someone would have told me that when i was booking a wedding for 90 people? i'm hoping they can bend the rules. i really did not like the look of the ballroom...

I am looking at Azul Beach for my August 31, 2013 wedding and am getting hung up on the vendor fees...but I guess what can you do...I don't want to skimp on photographs of my wedding day.  It just seems like Karisma's vendor fees are SO much higher than other resorts I've looked at such as Paradisius.  Does anyone have any tips on "how to make the most of your vendor fees" ie. do all photographers also have videographers so that is just one fee?

to any knowledgeable and or past brides -- do you have to use the 4-top square tables (pushed together) at blue terrace, or do they allow you to use round tables? i am just realizing that table-seating arrangements will be easier and more flexible with round tables than with those that only seat 6 and are rectangular....

Hi Karyc,

I thought I would share some insight since LUXE has planned hundreds of wedding at the Azul Beach. Private receptions at the Blue International Terrace must use the rectangular tables and chairs they currently have in the restaurant. The hotel is rather small and there is no room for them to store all of these tables to bring in rounds for private events. The space lends itself to rectangular tables and really does look beautiful when set up as a private receptions. Keep in mind that you can push the tables together to create tables of 6,8 or 10. I would suggest tables of 8 - 10 each. Hope this helps!

Hi All-

Just had my wedding at Azul Beach on October 14th, and it was FANTASTIC. A big review is in the works. In the meantime, I wanted to respond to all of your comments about Lynda. I had her as well, and had the same experience. She took FOREVER to respond to me, about anything, and often didn't really have definitive answers. It was very frustrating. If I have anything to complain about with the experience, it was working with her/Lomas WC's. I think they must be understaffed...

I definitely recommend getting important things in writing (via email, like prices, and confirmations, etc.) but if you have other somewhat insignificant questions/concerns, it was often much easier to call her with a list of questions and knock them out all at once! Even still, bring a copy of EVERYTHING (that's important, for example, your contract) with you to Azul Beach, and make sure you have documents ready when you meet with the planners.

The planners on-site are wonderful, and you can change/add things once you're there (and I found that sometimes they quoted me a cheaper price than Lynda/Lomas had...for example, I asked for a mic stand for my guitar player during our ceremony, Lynda said it would be $100, for a mic stand, redic! I did not put it in my contract, but then asked for it once I got there, they only charged me $10...I have a few examples like that...).

Thank goodness I had brought a copy of my contract, because Lynda had not sent them the DJ list of songs/schedule for our reception! That took a LOT of work, and there's no way I could have done it again once I got there. I gave my copy to the on-site planners, and they made sure the DJ had it before the reception, and they did a super professional job with little to no notice ahead of time.

I will also say, she seemed to get a little better the closer we got to the wedding (especially after we still hadn't paid the contract past the due date because she still hadn't confirmed things...). I'm sure they make the closest wedding their priority, which is understandable. She told me once, that every day she gets into the office and is greeted with hundreds of email from all of us asking about centerpieces, music, food, etc. Like I said, I suspect they are understaffed, and its difficult to get to all of them...

In any case, although that was really frustrating, I knew it was to be expected (at least a little) in planning a destination wedding. There will always be the element of the "unknown!" However, once you are there, I assure you, the staff at Azul Beach is OUTSTANDING and everything will be perfect. So rest easy, you are in good hands, and will have a beautiful wedding!

Let me know if you have questions!

Originally Posted by Misadelf View Post

I am using Lynda too. To say she is super slow is an understatement. I also do not find her responses particularly helpful or informative. For example, I informed her I wanted to have a cocktail party one of hte nights prior to the wedding 2 months ago. She still cannot confirm that is is possible. Its been 2 months. I dont understand. I told her I wanted a live band to play latin music at the wedding. She said there were 2 options, but can only send me video/audio for one. I dont understand why she thinks that would be ok. Sorry for the rant, but I am very frustrated with her.

Originally Posted by KATAYLOR View Post

I am using Lynda Gomez. She is generally good but super slow at replying to emails - at least 3 days and usually a week. Best bet is to save up your requests/questions so she can answer them all at once. I am finding it a bit stressful but hopeful that the on-site person will put me at ease when I get there.

Originally Posted by Ashley Lovlin View Post

Hi Everyone! I am finally starting the "real" planning with my Miami coordinator. I have been assigned Lynda Gomez. Does anyone else have her? And what do you think? I have most of the bigger stuff figured out (got a dress, put deposits on vendors, invitations sent!) Now its on to the actual ceremony/reception details! I have a few questions...

Does anybody have any pics of the reception area choices? I looked online but couldn't find anything great. I think I am leading towards blue terrace as I like the open feeling, but did anybody find that it was too windy? And what about centerpieces? If I were to choose something tall would the wind knock it down? My one idea for centerpieces is to go to Cancun during one of the days prior to the wedding and buy some glass vases. I'm not too picky about the shape or size but I envision them being tall and round cylinders with blooms underwater. Do you think that will be heavy enough to not tip over? And would it be too much having those and also a medium sized flower arrangement among them? Thoughts!?!?

Also- Is the giant chandelier in blue terrace still there? I really love it and hope it is! I might hang a few lanterns around it but I think its really pretty on its own!

• Like 1

Originally Posted by TarynM View Post

Ashley,

You can look at the banquet menu online and see the "dinner" choices which are used for weddings found here page 6-10: http://karismahotels.com/Portals/0/Files/Weddings/WeddingBanquetKit_0.pdf

I just got the GTG from my Karisma wedding planner that DJ Doremixx is ok.

Also, I am now thinking I will hire the same vendor for photography and videography so I will only have to pay the outside vendor fee once instead of twice with a different photographer and videographer. I was really hoping to do Samuel Luna for photography and playaweddings for videography but don't know what to do now! Anyone have any suggestions? I want to do the full day option for both.

TarynM-

I used Playa Weddings for both photography and videography based on their work I had seen (and many at Azul Beach). I haven't seen the work yet (since the wedding was 10/14) but I was very pleased with them overall. It's a husband and wife team. Rachel does the photography, and she's very friendly and was shooting non-stop. Paul does the videography, and after about an hour, I didn't even notice he was there (and he was there from 3pm-9pm)! They both have an assistant as well shooting photo/video so you get multiple angles. Because they are one vendor, I only had to pay the fee once, and they were gracious enough to work with me to bring the cost down. I'll post some pics when I get them. Let me know if you have questions!