Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#191 Ashley Lovlin

Ashley Lovlin
  • Site Supporter
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for all the extra info! I was really hoping the gazebo was the dark brown one, I like the contrast more. But its not a huge deal, I will live! lol. I am going to try to see if I can squeeze in a food tasting while we are there too. What did everyone do for the wedding meal? I had to get my invites done as soon as I found out the date so that people would have enough time to book with our early booking bonus so I just winged it and put 3 meal choices on the rsvp card which I think are pretty generic and easy for the kitchen to come up with something. I chose chicken, seafood and vegetarian. Do you think that will be an issue? I am worried that people will respond and then something will fall through in our planning and we will end up with buffet or something! Not that I am opposed to buffet but I just don't want people to expect one thing and receive another you know? 

Karyc- Who is your wedding coordinator that let you book Dorremix? Can I use you in my argument against them that I can't book an outside DJ? I would be fine with it if it was a solid rule, but it really irks me that they seem to pick and choose who gets what. (although I am stoked for you that you will have an awesome party!)

#192 karyc

karyc
    • 166 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ashley Lovlin 

Thanks for all the extra info! I was really hoping the gazebo was the dark brown one, I like the contrast more. But its not a huge deal, I will live! lol. I am going to try to see if I can squeeze in a food tasting while we are there too. What did everyone do for the wedding meal? I had to get my invites done as soon as I found out the date so that people would have enough time to book with our early booking bonus so I just winged it and put 3 meal choices on the rsvp card which I think are pretty generic and easy for the kitchen to come up with something. I chose chicken, seafood and vegetarian. Do you think that will be an issue? I am worried that people will respond and then something will fall through in our planning and we will end up with buffet or something! Not that I am opposed to buffet but I just don't want people to expect one thing and receive another you know? 

Karyc- Who is your wedding coordinator that let you book Dorremix? Can I use you in my argument against them that I can't book an outside DJ? I would be fine with it if it was a solid rule, but it really irks me that they seem to pick and choose who gets what. (although I am stoked for you that you will have an awesome party!)

Hi Ashley - let me check in with her first. I haven't actually told her that it's Doremixx (I only said that we wree bringing in an outside DJ), and now I'm sort of scared to address it....I might just play ignorant if it comes up down the road...if I get an official sign-off I'll certainly let you know

#193 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hello Brides,

If you have not yet booked your wedding and are considering El Dorado and Azul Resorts, you may want to consider doing a Bride's Dress Rehearsal.

For only $399 per couple, brides and their grooms can stay for 3 nights at their hotel of choice and have the opportunity to taste different cake options, sample menu items and even view the various locations and setups for their ceremony and private events!  
      Brides Dress Rehearsal includes: • Upgrade to best available suite upon arrival • Sample gourmet delicacies and wedding cakes from our private event banquet menu • $500 food and beverage credit after 10 rooms or more are booked* • Meet photographers and other wedding vendors and view wedding set ups • Meet the wedding coordinators • Romantically decorated suite And more!

2013 Trip details What: A pre-scheduled Fam Trip for wedding couples When: Once a month (Thursday – Sunday) or (Friday – Monday) Dates: 1/17-1/20, 2/7-2/10, 3/7-3/10, 4/11-4/14, 5/16-5/19, 6/27-6/30, 7/18-7/21, 8/15-8/18, 9/19-9/22, 10/10-10/13, 11/7-11/10, 12/5-12/8, 2013 Where: Any El Dorado Spa Resort or Azul Hotel, by Karisma  
      For more information: 

*Wedding must be confirmed within 10 days of Brides Dress Rehearsal in order to receive the $500 credit towards your wedding. $500 credit will not apply to groups with less than 10 rooms. This Promotion is combinable with the Bride and Groom stay free promotion. No coupons may be used on these bookings. Transfers included between resorts only, airfare and airport transfers are not included. GIVC points cannot be used to pay for this package. GIVC will not receive points for this booking. Not valid if wedding date is held or deposited.   Travel agents are not permitted to attend. All couples will be required to sign a disclaimer at check-in stating that they will attend a site inspection of the host hotel as well as a presentation at El Dorado Royale on Saturday morning. Clients who want to travel outside of selected dates will be required to pay the current hotel rate at the time and will not receive the $500 towards the F & B portion of any private event they book. Booking must be made 30 days in advance; space is limited.

If you would like to download the full flyer it is here:

Attached Files

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#194 TarynM

TarynM
      • 32 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

Ashley,

You can look at the banquet menu online and see the "dinner" choices which are used for weddings found here page 6-10: http://karismahotels...anquetKit_0.pdf

I just got the GTG from my Karisma wedding planner that DJ Doremixx is ok.

Also, I am now thinking I will hire the same vendor for photography and videography so I will only have to pay the outside vendor fee once instead of twice with a different photographer and videographer. I was really hoping to do Samuel Luna for photography and playaweddings for videography but don't know what to do now! Anyone have any suggestions? I want to do the full day option for both.

#195 Ashley Lovlin

Ashley Lovlin
        • Site Supporter
        • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

OMG the DJ thing is so frustrating!!! Who is your planner if you don't mind me asking? I notice that your wedding is in Sept and mine is in July so I don't understand why they won't allow us to have Dorremix??? I even asked again and mentioned that I know a bride who is having Dorremix and they said that is their policy and apparently it is new?? I am really upset with the fact that they give different people different rules. I am going to talk to the manager and see what she can do. Thanks for the info though!

#196 TarynM

TarynM
          • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Elizabeth Riff - she is great! That is unfair that they are doing this to you. I signed my contract in June so maybe they made it a rule after that? It's a stupid, stupid rule that shouldn't be in place anyway. It's your wedding you should be able to have whomever you want to DJ! You are bringing them a ton of business with all of the rooms your friends and family are booking!

#197 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Just a reminder that the Karisma Hotels Wedding Webinar is this saturday.  

For more information or the link to register, go here: Karisma Hotels Wedding Webinar Oct. 6 @ 6:00PM PST

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#198 Ashley Lovlin

Ashley Lovlin
            • Site Supporter
            • 35 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hi Everyone! I am finally starting the "real" planning with my Miami coordinator. I have been assigned Lynda Gomez. Does anyone else have her? And what do you think? I have most of the bigger stuff figured out (got a dress, put deposits on vendors, invitations sent!) Now its on to the actual ceremony/reception details! I have a few questions...

Does anybody have any pics of the reception area choices? I looked online but couldn't find anything great. I think I am leading towards blue terrace as I like the open feeling, but did anybody find that it was too windy? And what about centerpieces? If I were to choose something tall would the wind knock it down? My one idea for centerpieces is to go to Cancun during one of the days prior to the wedding and buy some glass vases. I'm not too picky about the shape or size but I envision them being tall and round cylinders with blooms underwater. Do you think that will be heavy enough to not tip over? And would it be too much having those and also a medium sized flower arrangement among them? Thoughts!?!?

Also- Is the giant chandelier in blue terrace still there? I really love it and hope it is! I might hang a few lanterns around it but I think its really pretty on its own!

#199 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
              • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

I am torn between Samuel Luna and Blue Lens Caribe for my photographer.  Does any one have a review or suggestions regarding either of them or a suggestion of someone else they used and loved? msnwink.gif  Thank you!

#200 KATAYLOR

KATAYLOR
                • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi ladies: Has anyone used hanging paper lanterns at Blue Terrace? Wonder if there are any hassles with this seeing as it is a really high ceiling? If anyone has experience please let me know!!!!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users