Photo

Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
514 replies to this topic

#171 Misadelf

Misadelf
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hi Kary - I feel the same way about my travel agent. I got the hard sell on the Karisma resorts and feel like I didnt look close enough at the full package berfore I signed.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting marred at AB. Our wedding is set for April 20, 2013. Let the fun begin!

#172 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by njcooney 

My first question is about planners- I have found mention of US planners for Azul Beach, and saw the KarismaGI.com lists of planners, but I can't figure out if they are just travel agents and they just connect you with the actual wedding planner for AB? Is Amanda Patek the actual wedding planner for the resort? Can't really make heads or tails of this yet...

Thanks for your help, or for anyone's who may read this before Melissa does!

J

Hi J,

We are GIKarsima and GI Weddings Consultants.  I linked the information on what our agency offers as a GI Wedding Consultant Agency.  We do not help you with your wedding coordination with the resort.  You would use the hotel coordinator.  If you are looking for a good outside wedding coordinator, we can help with that.  

Amanda Patek works for Karisma Resorts as a wedding coordinator.

If you are looking for more information on your wedding planning, we are hosting a BDW/Karisma Wedding Webinar in October

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#173 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
    • 61 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

The wedding coordinators in Miami work with Lomas weddings to coordinate your wedding. Then when you arrive at Azul Beach, your wedding coordinator there will meet with you and ensure all details you discussed with your coordinator in Miami are worked out. There seems to be a lot of "middle men". I just returned from visiting the resort and it's gorgeous!!! Spoke with a wedding coordinator to try and cut out the middle man/wedding coordinator in Miami but no go. Upgrading the rooms are Well worth it!!!! Huge difference in the deluxe and other rooms.

#174 njcooney

njcooney
      • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

Thanks- I keep hearing that about the rooms... did you go just to  check out the resort with the intention of getting married there? Did they throw you a deal on your scouting trip?

#175 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
        • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

I did go just to check out the resort.  I had already signed my contract but I did inquire about them working a deal for me.....no go.  :(  I think my fiance and I spent $975 each for our airfare, 3 night stay and transportation to and from the hotel.  I will be posting pics soon on my Facebook page.  I took over 400 photos of the resort.

#176 htztrtz

htztrtz
          • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Thank you for your note! So great to hear that you enjoyed your wedding experience at Azul Beach!

#177 karyc

karyc
            • 166 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda Hammett 

I did go just to check out the resort.  I had already signed my contract but I did inquire about them working a deal for me.....no go.  :(  I think my fiance and I spent $975 each for our airfare, 3 night stay and transportation to and from the hotel.  I will be posting pics soon on my Facebook page.  I took over 400 photos of the resort.

Amanda - we're doing the same thing in October (and paid about the same!) - did you do a tasting while you were down there?

#178 Amanda Hammett

Amanda Hammett
              • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

I didn't do an actual food tasting, we discussed doing that but then chose not too.  We loved the food in the restaurants and pray that the food is comparable to it!  LOL  Trying to plan with the wedding coordinators is like spinning tires.....whewww...exhausting!!  I swear I am not going to do any decor because its so frustrating to try and communicate.  I speak very little spanish and although they speak English....its so difficult.  You can't tell if they are being shady or just dont' understand what you are saying.  You can't get them to commit to ANYTHING.  but I'm not stressing because its a beautiful resort and we are going to have a blast regardless.  I am ready for all the hiccups!!!  LOL

#179 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Karisma Hotels is offering a $250 airfare credit for new bookings.  

For more information, go here: Karisma Hotels $250 airfare credit

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#180 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hello Karisma Besties,

If you are getting married at a Karisma Hotel or thinking about getting married at a Karisma Hotel, join our Karisma wedding webinar, October 6 @ 6:00pm PST.  

Registration information has been added to the original post.  Space is limited!

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users