Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

We get in on 12.1 -- can't wait!  Colors are pink, orange, coral.  we are having a welcome party on the beach on 12.3 and the wedding reception at the blue terrace.  the wedding ceremony will be on the beach.  what about you?

thanks for the info on the tablecloths.  i am just going to use the white ones.  are you bringing a lot of stuff from home for decor, etc.? 

yes, we should try to grab a drink -- i suspect that, between our two groups, we will be taking over the whole resort!

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies, you all ROCK!  

I just read through all 12 pages of posts and each one was so helpful.  

Melissa, I was tearing up when you walked down the aisle in your video!  Gorgeous.  Thank you for posting - it def allowed most of us to see what the whole beach ceremony set up is at Azul.  

We are getting married on 5/5/12 - Cinco de Mayo!  Very excited.

We are getting married at 4PM - any other ABH brides select that time and were okay with it?  Was the sand too hot?  Our wedding coordinator insists it won't be.

I love the ideas about bringing table runners and sheers.  I can't get over spending $300 for two colored sheers!  Craziness.  :)  I might look into bringing chair bows too.

Those who are doing favors, do you plan on shipping them down ahead of time?  Not sure what we are doing yet.  We are both musicians, so I'm thinking mix CDs. (not very Mexican-ish, but whatevs)

Also, I decided to do Mexican fans made out of yellow cloth and black lace for the bridesmaids instead of flowers to save money and also tie in some cultural tradition.  They are avail on lands-faraway.com for $20 each!  Saving $40 instead of flowers for $60 each was pretty attractive too.  It'll be a cute keepsake for my ladies too.  I'm planning on carrying a white one.

Happy planning!

-Krissy

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you having your reception? We wanted to have ours in the Blue Terrace but our guest list could be over 60 people and that restaurant is 60 people max... sad.gif

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Hi Ladies!
So we just passed our 6 month mark on Friday till the wedding. Time flys so fast. Tomorrow will mark a year we are engaged. Things are going well. I have my dress already I found reception shoe this weekend :) still need ceremony shoes. the guys already have their suits. Things are moving along. I have questions about decorations that hopefully previous AB brides can help. Love the AS board but it can definitely be overwhelming and it is the sister hotel not necessarily our hotel. Anyway our guest count is 71 adults and 10 children. So much for an estimate of 50 when we started.
Did you rent talblecloths from Lomas or brought your own? Same goes for the gazebo sheers.
I asked my wc Grace about plate charger and Lomas charges $15 per charger at 81 guests it adds up. I just saw nice ones at bed bath and beyond that we will be bringing. Now starting to see what else every penny counts :)
Did anyone use a different florist than the one Lomas recommends? My outside vendor fees are adding up. Still trying to find flowers that I like. Our colors are purple and lime but wanted to have bright flowers. So confused. sad.gif
Still trying to research a videographer. Melissa your video was great!
What else so much to do. Feel like 6 months are going to fly by. Also on the list doing out OOT bags. Did anyone do a favor? Trying to get some ideas.
Thanks so much for your help!
Maritza

Do they do free upgrades if available? Were you upgraded to a wedding suite for your entire stay? TIA!!!

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

We would sell our pink table runners and chair bows...They would be $1 each.  PM me if you are interested.  I just posted a video and can send you additional photos if you want...Just let me know what types of photos you want to see because I have a TON of  photos!  The rooms were great!  They upgraded us to the wedding suite which was a very nice room.  Our DJ was great too...DJ Temo! Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else! 

Hi all!

My travel agent just got back from Azul Beach Resort, and sent me this email...it sounds like we made a good decision!!

Hey Robin and Ken,   I just returned from Mexico and had the pleasure of viewing the Azul Beach Resort....I think you are really going to love it. They have been doing alot of renovations that will be completed by the time you arrive(two new restaurants and rooms). The new Jr Suite section is amazing.....a contemporary Bali look...very nice and hip. The resort feels very relaxing and zen like much different from the much larger resorts I stayed at last week. I really, really liked it and know that you will too.    

Has anyone having their reception on the beach decided on their seating arrangement? I had originally wanted to do long tables, but I am being advised that the circle tables might be better. Any advice??

Future Mrs. Cliv,

We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Blue Terrace. We only have 43 ppl, so we had the oppsite problem! I guess they want you to have 50-60ppl, which is silly, because how often do groups fall within that number?? We are having to pay for 7 extra ppl :( Hopefully they will let you squeeze. Bravo for getting over 60 people to your wedding :)