Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

Wooohooo! We just booked our Wedding for 6-8-12 at Azul Beach.  I have found this website ever so helpful in simply making the decision to choose this resort! Now on to the planning....

Melissa your words, review, photos, and video have been so helpful.  The insight you have given into the resort and your wedding day have put my mind at ease in knowing that we made the right choice! A couple of questions I am sure you have answered already, but:

1. Was your videographer an outside vendor and did you have to pay a fee for him? 

2. What room category did you stay in and get ready in? My concern was if the deluxe room would be too small for my bridesmaids and mom and I to all get ready in.

3. How many guests did you say you had? 

4. Was your reception a private event? and it was a Blue Terrace? 

Thanks so much and I look forward to gathering more ideas from you all :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mae4203/Everyone:

2. We rented the Bridal Suite for the night before the wedding, so we could get ready in a large room :)

3. We have 42 guests.

4. We are having a reception on the beach- I am hoping this is a private event, but the more, the merrier I guess ;)

Is anyone/has anyone booked any excursions? I have read a few reviews that mentioned that one of their favorite parts of the wedding was an excusion, be it a catamaran tour or something else. I was hoping to do this on Friday (our wedding is Saturday).

MUSIC- Since we are on the beach, we just booked the reggae/steel drum band. They only play 2 sets of 45 minutes, so I am going to be looking for options to fill in when they are not playing. I am guessing the only inexpensive option is having an ipod, but this seems like a lot of work planning out which songs to play when. Any advice/decisions made on music, my lovely Azul brides?

Merci Beaucoup!!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Ladies! So we just passed our 6 month mark on Friday till the wedding. Time flys so fast. Tomorrow will mark a year we are engaged. Things are going well. I have my dress already I found reception shoe this weekend :) still need ceremony shoes. the guys already have their suits. Things are moving along. I have questions about decorations that hopefully previous AB brides can help. Love the AS board but it can definitely be overwhelming and it is the sister hotel not necessarily our hotel. Anyway our guest count is 71 adults and 10 children. So much for an estimate of 50 when we started. Did you rent talblecloths from Lomas or brought your own? Same goes for the gazebo sheers. I asked my wc Grace about plate charger and Lomas charges $15 per charger at 81 guests it adds up. I just saw nice ones at bed bath and beyond that we will be bringing. Now starting to see what else every penny counts :) Did anyone use a different florist than the one Lomas recommends? My outside vendor fees are adding up. Still trying to find flowers that I like. Our colors are purple and lime but wanted to have bright flowers. So confused. :( Still trying to research a videographer. Melissa your video was great! What else so much to do. Feel like 6 months are going to fly by. Also on the list doing out OOT bags. Did anyone do a favor? Trying to get some ideas. Thanks so much for your help! Maritza

Hi!  Not sure how I missed this post!  I am getting married the day before you!  how is your planning going?

Originally Posted by AndieG View Post

Hi Everyone -- I'm new here.  Getting married at ABH on 12.4.2011.  Very excited!  Can share any advice or information on the wedding officiants provided by the Resort?  We are havign a spiritual ceremony and had planned to have a family emember officiate.  That plan has since fallen through.  It will be an interfaith, multi-cultural ceremony, so I am concerned about having the officiant provided.  I'm Jewish, my Fiance is not.  We want to have parts of the ceremony that celebrate both of our backgrounds.  I've  been told that we cannot meet or talk to the person until the day of the wedding.  However, it may be cost prohibitive for us to bring someone down to Mexico. 

If anyone has had the provided officiant, can you give me any advice, thoughts, information, on the experience?

Thanks so much!

Our planning is going well -- I can't believe it's less than two months away.  Congrats to you!   Let's hope the weekend of 12.3 and 12.4 includes two fabulous weddings!!

I noticed some posts about tablecloths.  Does ABH not provide tablecloths free of charge?  I suppose I just assumed that there would be white tablecloths on the tables.  Do I need to order them?  

Thanks! 

Hi Girlies!

I am getting married Dec. 17th at Azul Beach!! I am really excited... it has great reviews. Are any of you doing a bachelorette party or any excursions while you are there?

Maritza- Favors. Although I promised myself that if we were going to have favors it wouldn't be a bag of candy, I found really great lego candies in our colors. I am going to put them in cute little bags that say "Je T'aime," because we currently live in France with my fiance's job as an Engineer (hence the legos- he's a little nerdy!).

Here is the idea: http://www.brendasweddingblog.com/storage/lego-candy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1244143844586

Here are the bags: http://www.etsy.com/listing/80850053/10-muslin-favor-gift-bags-lovebirds-je?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=je+t%26%2339%3Baime+favor+bags&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

ttfn!

Originally Posted by AndieG View Post

Our planning is going well -- I can't believe it's less than two months away.  Congrats to you!   Let's hope the weekend of 12.3 and 12.4 includes two fabulous weddings!!

I noticed some posts about tablecloths.  Does ABH not provide tablecloths free of charge?  I suppose I just assumed that there would be white tablecloths on the tables.  Do I need to order them?  

Thanks! 

So exciting!  When do you get there?  where are you having your events?  what are your colors?  we will have to grab a drink!  They do provide white tablecloths.  If you want color, i would bring your own.  just ordered my chair sashes this morning!  Congrats!!!

Hi guys - sounds like everyone is rocking and rolling now!

I am getting married on Nov 24th at AB and am doing the mad dash to get it all sorted.

Couple of Answers to recent Q;s:

- AB does offer white table cloths as standard

- They have informed me that they do round table on the beach with max of 8 people

- They do not allow outside florists, thatis one of the vendors where they are psycho strict

- From all my research I recommend paying for an outside vendor for music such as DJ Doremixx or Mania, they seem to have it all down and get great reviews

- I am using Claudi Rodriguez for photos and her husband for video, researched them as well and am excited to have that dynamic duo - so far they have been great to deal with and very personable.

- My Wedding Planner is Elizabeth Riff from Karisma and I think she is a rock star!!!

- Food is outrageously expensive if you try to mix and match - especially if you want anything off the Asian menu (stay away!!!)

Questions I would truly appreciate your help on!!!:

- Has anyone used the under table lights?  Lomas charges $50/table and I can't seem to find cheaper online?

- If I have 12 tables of 8, how may chinese lanterns do I need, which LED lights do you recommend and how many sets of X-mas lights, how many feet?

- Has anyone done the paper bag lighting on the beach?  If so, have you tried battery operated lights vs candles? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance and have a great week-end!

Marianne