Jump to content

Recommended Posts


I looked back over my mom's pictures and the Blue Terrace chairs are some larger, sturdy looking wooden ones. I will attach a picture when I can get one from my mom. They are nice but very bulky.
 

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Hi Ladies!

Just came back from my moh bachelorette party in Vegas. I'm still recouping. Good to read all th new info yay!!

Thanks Melissa. Do you have your pics yet? Would love to see them. I believe we are going to do roses and maybe cymbidium orchids for centerpieces.
Im checking out shoes. My dress should be coming in soon. I know my veil is in already. It's a short one which will be used only for the ceremony. I am going to use my reservation for a brunch I wanted to do the day after The wedding which is Easter Sunday. My wc should be getting back to me but can't see it being a problem. What size were the tables? I think we too are going to bring the bows for the chairs and overlays for the tables. Do you know what size they are?

Did anyone rent the Tiffany chairs? I know for the ceremony they giveyou the garden chairs which I'm fine with but not sure what the chairs are at blue terrace.

I'm sure more questions will come up. :)


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello Everyone!

 

I am been without a computer for over a month and have not been able to get on here in forever!  I am sorry I have not been on here to answer questions...We are in the process of moving in into a new house so please PM me if you have any questions about Azul and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

 

I wanted to share with you all my wedding video from my wedding on 5-28-11 at Azul Beach Hotel.  Our video was from Paul at Playa Weddings and his work is AMAZING! If anybody is looking for a video person...Paul is the absolute BEST and we were sooooo VERY happy with everything about him!  Let me know if you have any questions!

 

Happy planning everyone!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi!

 

Bars close at 1 p.m. but they may stay open a bit later if you tip them.  Also, you could also bring the party to one of your rooms if you wanted to. We went to bed after the bar closed at 1 a.m. but I think you could order drinks to the room afterwards.  We thought that would be an issue too but by 1 a.m. we were pretty much ready to go to bed...but some groups hung out in their rooms to keep the part going.

 

There is a dress code but they are not very strict at all.  You weren't suppose to wear sandals or shorts but people in our group had no problems there.

 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Originally Posted by LauraMinn View Post

Thanks, Melissa!  So helpful to hear first-hand what things are like.  My FI is worried that the bars close at 1 am...apparently he has big plans to carry on the party into the night.  Is that even possible?  Do the public places pretty much close up at a certain time and, if so, is beverage service available in rooms after hours?  (it's a party weekend, right?!)

 

We actually don't have a photographer.  We are really trying to save money and, although I know everyone says the photographer is not the place to scimp, we just couldn't justify the expense of hiring an outside vendor or flying someone in, so we opted to have a family member with a really nice camera and some amateur photography training take some formal shots.  Then we'll just ask everyone to post their photos to Flikr or something afterwards.

 

We're having 40 guests-- glad to hear it's possible to do larger groups for meals! 


One more question: is there a dress code for restaurants and how strictly is it enforced?

 

Thanks, again, for the information! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got married on May 28th and we DID NOT need dinner reservations which was so nice!  We were so worried about this but we were able to get a table at any of the restaurants very easily! The first night most our guests were there we wanted to have a welcome dinner and we easily got a table for 20-25 people...So easy!  For our reception, we had a price reception at the Blue Terrace!  Great location and I would recommend doing a private event if you want the whole place to yourself.  Let me know if you  have any other questions!
 

Originally Posted by FutureMrsCLIV View Post

Did everyone pick a package? Right now we have the Pearl package but I'm interested to see if we just pay for everything separately instead of getting the package if it's a better discount...

 

Do you really need dinner reservations? We want our reception at the Blue Terrace Open Air Patio, private event so we wont need the reservations. I dont think embarrest.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maritza919 View Post

Hi Ladies!

Just came back from my moh bachelorette party in Vegas. I'm still recouping. Good to read all th new info yay!!

Thanks Melissa. Do you have your pics yet? Would love to see them. I believe we are going to do roses and maybe cymbidium orchids for centerpieces.
Im checking out shoes. My dress should be coming in soon. I know my veil is in already. It's a short one which will be used only for the ceremony. I am going to use my reservation for a brunch I wanted to do the day after The wedding which is Easter Sunday. My wc should be getting back to me but can't see it being a problem. What size were the tables? I think we too are going to bring the bows for the chairs and overlays for the tables. Do you know what size they are?

Did anyone rent the Tiffany chairs? I know for the ceremony they giveyou the garden chairs which I'm fine with but not sure what the chairs are at blue terrace.

I'm sure more questions will come up. :)


I have my pics but there are tons of them! Are there any specific photos that you want to see.  I just posted video too so that should be helpful.  Did you need to know the sizes of the tables and chairs at the Blue Terrace?  The sizes are different for the Blue Terrace and the Beach Reception so I want to make sure I give you the correct information.  How many people are you having?  We put 4 tables together and had 48 guests...The tables were big and our WC did not recommend this because they said there would be very little room for dancing but there was more than enough room for dancing and it worked our perfectly.

 

Originally Posted by meador15 View Post

Melissa,

 

Loved the pictures!!!  I am getting married May 19 2012. I have some questions I hope you can answer.  

  1. What package did you get?
  2. Within the package did you get to pick your bouquet/ boutonniere flowers and colors?
  3. I saw in your pics you used the large corsage for gazebo.  Were you able to pick the flowers/ colors for the corsage?
  4. Did you find the on site WC to be very helpful and listened to your ideas?
  5. Where did you have the reception?
  6. Were you satisfy with the food and service?
  7. How did they set up the tables for dinner?  Round or Rectangle?

 

Thank you so much for your input!

Mandi


We got the pearl package and we picked out all the flowers with specific requests.  Just send as many photos as possible and they will copy it pretty good! I was worried about the flowers but they turned out good.  Last minute, we got a new wedding coordinator that was new to Azul Reports. I was pretty worried and they listened to my ideas but they were not as great as I would have excepted but in the end it all turned out good. We had our reception at the Blue Terrace and it was a perfect reception location! We were satisfied with the food and service...The cake was so so but we were expecting that from other reviews.  The wait staff service was great and the food from what I can remember at the wedding was good...Unfortatley, I did not eat much but the lobster and bbq ribs were great! We had them put 4 tables together...There is no option for round tables at the blue Terrace. Let me know if you have any other questions!

 



Originally Posted by KerryL613 View Post


Thanks for all the answers!!!  My colors are hot pink and Orange.  Looking to sell anything?  We can't have the reception at the terrace ince we don't have enough people, so it is going to be on the beach.  Pics would be awesome!  My email is KerryL613@yahoo.com.  How were the rooms?  How was the DJ?  I think we have the same one.  I do have a photog picked out already, but your pics look incredible!

 

 

Thanks again!
 

We would sell our pink table runners and chair bows...They would be $1 each.  PM me if you are interested.  I just posted a video and can send you additional photos if you want...Just let me know what types of photos you want to see because I have a TON of  photos!  The rooms were great!  They upgraded us to the wedding suite which was a very nice room.  Our DJ was great too...DJ Temo! Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else! 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your video was amazing!  It actually made me tear up!  They did a wonderful job!

 

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

Quote:


I have my pics but there are tons of them! Are there any specific photos that you want to see.  I just posted video too so that should be helpful.  Did you need to know the sizes of the tables and chairs at the Blue Terrace?  The sizes are different for the Blue Terrace and the Beach Reception so I want to make sure I give you the correct information.  How many people are you having?  We put 4 tables together and had 48 guests...The tables were big and our WC did not recommend this because they said there would be very little room for dancing but there was more than enough room for dancing and it worked our perfectly.

 


We got the pearl package and we picked out all the flowers with specific requests.  Just send as many photos as possible and they will copy it pretty good! I was worried about the flowers but they turned out good.  Last minute, we got a new wedding coordinator that was new to Azul Reports. I was pretty worried and they listened to my ideas but they were not as great as I would have excepted but in the end it all turned out good. We had our reception at the Blue Terrace and it was a perfect reception location! We were satisfied with the food and service...The cake was so so but we were expecting that from other reviews.  The wait staff service was great and the food from what I can remember at the wedding was good...Unfortatley, I did not eat much but the lobster and bbq ribs were great! We had them put 4 tables together...There is no option for round tables at the blue Terrace. Let me know if you have any other questions!

 



We would sell our pink table runners and chair bows...They would be $1 each.  PM me if you are interested.  I just posted a video and can send you additional photos if you want...Just let me know what types of photos you want to see because I have a TON of  photos!  The rooms were great!  They upgraded us to the wedding suite which was a very nice room.  Our DJ was great too...DJ Temo! Let me know if you have any other questions or need anything else! 
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Wow Melissa!  Your video is amazing and truly brings out the emotion in the event.  Makes me realy excited for our turn in November!

Congrats!

Marianne
 

Originally Posted by melfaybik View Post

 

Hello Everyone!

 

I am been without a computer for over a month and have not been able to get on here in forever!  I am sorry I have not been on here to answer questions...We are in the process of moving in into a new house so please PM me if you have any questions about Azul and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

 

I wanted to share with you all my wedding video from my wedding on 5-28-11 at Azul Beach Hotel.  Our video was from Paul at Playa Weddings and his work is AMAZING! If anybody is looking for a video person...Paul is the absolute BEST and we were sooooo VERY happy with everything about him!  Let me know if you have any questions!

 

Happy planning everyone!!!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww Melissa!! Your video was amazing! Congratulations on being a Mrs! I can't believe we are 7 months away from getting married. Time flys! So far we have 62 attending(adults and children). I am going to ask to see what kind of tables, whether round of square that they use.  I think by the end of this month I'll start looking for table covers or whatever I need for the tables.  I have a vision in my head hopefully It'll be what we want when we get there =)

 

I have to see if we are going to use the Tiffany style chairs for reception.  I saw in your video you had the other chairs on the Terrace.  Are those the chairs they always have I wanted to see a pic I saw them in the video but it was a little dark.  I know I'm picky.  

 

So much going on between planning a wedding and looking for a new job.

 

All new stuff!

 

Thanks,

Maritza 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×