Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• 3 weeks later...

Wedding attire and other items for sale. I have a gorgeous reception dress (size 0-2, it is custom made) that I wore for approximately 2 hours! I also have DEVVA rhinestone heels by Steve Madden that were worn for approximately 2 hours as well. Gorgeous shoes!! Size 6.5 Paid $150 Will sell for $100 I have a "BRIDE" sequin black tote $8 1 destination wedding book by The Knot $8...paid $20 1 Wedding Etiquette handbook $5....paid $15 I also have 2 veils....one is cathedral length and the other elbow length. Will sell for $25 each. I also have a size 2 wedding gown by Saison Blanche.....absolutely gorgeous dress!!! $3000 will sell for $850. Please send me your email address and I will send you pictures of all these items. My email is amanda.hammett80@yahoo.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone getting married at AB I'm the next week or 2? We are headed down right now and wedding day is July 4. Just thinking that we don't want to haul back all the wedding decor stuff we are bringing down and wondering if anyone would be interested in it? The things we would consider leaving behind are 8 white pomander balls, 8 silver plastic vases, large white wooden heart with a rope to hang from (we might paint thanks on it for pics), homemade chalkboard with white frame (we are using it for a drink menu), 2 white small wooden baskets with a coral flower on each, battery operated votives (24 I think), 18 mercury glass votives and some random odds and ends if we have any left (table diamonds, ribbon, mr and mrs banner, etc). I will post pics if there is any interest :) can't wait to get down there and marry the love of my life!

Hi all, I am recently engaged and planning a site visit to Azul Beach hotel. All your posts make it kind beautiful and perfect!! My one concern from reviews is that it is very family friendly which encourages lots of families with small children to stay there. We are looking for an April date, and I'm worried with spring break that the hotel could be filled with kids. Did anyone find this an issue for your stay? We don't want to go adults only because I don't want to encourage people not to bring their children I just want a balance...does that even make sense??? Also...what were the deciding factors that led you to this hotel over the others in the area??? Any advice appreciated, I'm looking to lock down a venue the month!

Hi Mamzaleg,

I got married 4.28.13 which was after spring break, but as far as my experience went, I never felt bombarded by tons of kids.  Everyone in our wedding group wanted to stay there longer, even the young single ones, and noone complained of the resort having too many crying babies or anything like that.  I did not do a site visit first, so I got lucky on venue choice.  A bride that got married a day before me said that they searched 14 or so venues before finding and choosing ABH.  For my husband and I, we liked that the resort was small and personal, they specialized in weddings, but only allowed one per day, and their food/service had excellent reviews.  

I agree with girltravel 77....all of our guests (old, young, single, married) wanted to stay longer! We love the small, quaint, boutique resorts. We have visited Mexico numerous times, we love to vacation there and we fell in love with Azul Beach in August of 2012 and decided to get married there. Our wedding was May 9, 2013. All of our guests noticed how well behaved what few children were there. You MIGHT hear one or two kids cry for a brief second, normally at breakfast, but if you hear a child whine or cry, it truly only lasts a second. Obviously the children are happy to be on vacation and the parents obviously spend lots of time with them to take them on vacation with them so they are typically VERY well behaved children. Not an issue at all for us! And I was VERY concerned about it being a kid friendly resort.

Hi Amanda! I am having 48 guests (including 2 kids aged 10 and 4) at my reception at Blue Terrace on Sun 9/01. 4 tables of 12 would be awesome - could you send me the layout options please? My email is taryn.b.mahoney@gmail.com. Thank you very much! Less than 60 days until I'm there!!