Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!!!! Our wedding was AMAZING!! For anyone who has not seen the resort in person - it is even BETTER in person than in photos!! The resort is gorgeous, the size is perfect, everything is soo personalized, and the food is great!! Everyone who attended our wedding absolutely LOVED the place (which was surprising with some people who are not strangers to complaining). It was kind of anticlimatic to go to the Grand Mayan for our honeymoon (which was perfect so we could unwind), but nothing compares to ABH. We were a "person with a name" to ABH and "No" was not in anyone's vocabulary, and a "room number" to the Grand Mayan. The wedding coordinators onsite were great and everything went very smoothly. The only hiccups were with our DJ and noone was able to tell anything except for us (it was with Dorremixx so outside vendor and I'll post something separate for them). I've posted several pictures on facebook so friend me if you want to see (they are not organized so there's a bunch of party pics with people mixed in, but several of the ceremony, reception and a few of the resort itself). Search for me under Melissa Silverman (melissalee_s@yahoo.com). Thanks again to all the ladies that offered advice during the planning stages - it made SUCH a difference in the whole experience for me! xoxox

Originally Posted by girltravel77 View Post

I'm back!!!! Our wedding was AMAZING!! For anyone who has not seen the resort in person - it is even BETTER in person than in photos!! The resort is gorgeous, the size is perfect, everything is soo personalized, and the food is great!! Everyone who attended our wedding absolutely LOVED the place (which was surprising with some people who are not strangers to complaining). It was kind of anticlimatic to go to the Grand Mayan for our honeymoon (which was perfect so we could unwind), but nothing compares to ABH. We were a "person with a name" to ABH and "No" was not in anyone's vocabulary, and a "room number" to the Grand Mayan. The wedding coordinators onsite were great and everything went very smoothly. The only hiccups were with our DJ and noone was able to tell anything except for us (it was with Dorremixx so outside vendor and I'll post something separate for them). I've posted several pictures on facebook so friend me if you want to see (they are not organized so there's a bunch of party pics with people mixed in, but several of the ceremony, reception and a few of the resort itself). Search for me under Melissa Silverman (melissalee_s@yahoo.com). Thanks again to all the ladies that offered advice during the planning stages - it made SUCH a difference in the whole experience for me! xoxox

Congrats Melissa!!! So glad you had a wonderful experience, and not at all surprised. We felt the same way about our honeymoon location, a little "let down." We were like, "Uhhh, can we go back to Azul Beach?!" Haha. Anyway, congrats again!!

asposeep - thanks!! i posted a review on doremixx (though I misspelled the name as dorremixx for when you search). I sincerely hope you have a better experience with them than I did - and from other reviews out there on him, it was hopefully a fluke with us. All in all the party was jumpin on the day of so they did their job. =) It was mainly the communication beforehand that was a struggle (and that they never did the bouquet toss or garter toss).

I agree with girltravel77 and Kaela! We are till at our honeymoon location but cannot quit missing ABH!!! We visited last August and everyone remembered us when we arrived last week for our second trip to ABH for our wedding! :) the staff is like family to us! Our wedding was amazing! All 45 of our guests said it was the best vacation they had ever taken and some of our friends are no "strangers to complaining" either which was such a relief to know everyone was having a blast!! We had a few minor hiccups but it was our fault as well, because we didn't give as many details as we should have but we were "lost in the moment" and having so much fun with our family and friends that we totally forget several small details. Lol we didn't hire a DJ, just rented the amplifier and had a family member play our dance songs but he played the wrong song. Lol but it was no biggie. No one even noticed. A+++ for the resort, staff and wedding coordinators!!! They made my dream wedding come true!!

Hi Amanda, now you are making me sorry that we picked Azul Sensatori instead of Azul Beach. I am very happy for you. It sounds like it was fabulous. I hope you can post some pictures soon. Jenny

Hi ladies!!

My fiance and I will be traveling down to Azul Beach at the end of June for the Brides Dress Rehearsal. We are both very excited to have the opportunity to see what the resort looks like, and to speak with some of the staff who handle weddings.

With that said, does anyone have any suggestions of questions I should ask regarding locations, food, set up, or anything else...?? This thread has been a huge help, but I am so nervous about asking all the right questions I'm afraid I will forget to ask about something important!! lol. So, any help would be much appreciated. 

Also, if anyone would like any pictures of locations at the resort, or anything else, please feel free to ask. 

Thanks in advance!!