Azul Beach Hotel - POST HERE!

Congrats Marianne on picking s great resort!  I am getting married there on 5-28-11 and still have some work to do before I leave for Mexico on 5-24-11!

The outside vendor fee was $500 but they raised it to $800 but you may be able to get some wiggle room as we had a little bit of luck.

I am not sure about the the bridesmaid bouquets...They did tell me that we could not bring our own flowers in and had to use them for flowers unless you pay the outside vendor fee.

Hi Maritza!

I know I can't believe our wedding is right around the corner!  I wish I had another year to plan...I waited until the last minute on a lot of things and still have a ton to do! :(

I changed my mind a few times on the centerpieces and we finally decided to go simple with fuschia roses.

We were going to book a Karisma resort for our mini honeymoon but decided to go with something different to get more of a change. We booked Secrets Maroma!

Did you book a photographer or videographer yet?

Thanks!  I still don't feel like i am getting married next week! Its crazy!  I think it will start to sink in when I get on the plane!

Marianne - My outside vendor fee is $500. I signed my contract early and was lucky to still get that fee. Crazy that they bumped the fee to $800. Melissa - I'm thinking of using roses as well. My favorites are hydrangeas and peonies but apparently they don't do so well in the heat :(. Very nice on your mini moon selection. We're n the process of deciding where we want to stay. We're looking at the Casitas so we'll see. Just booked airfare today so we'll be there from April 4-16th. I booked my photographer already I'm using Anel from Adventure photos. I had gone on a site visit and I met her at DRC and loved her. So I guess the only plus from my site visit was I found my photographer. I haven't booked a videographer yet. Still thinking about that. I booked MVP Artistry for hair and make up and we'll be usi Dj Doremixx. Trying to think of what else I have booked..... So nice that we can all help each other :)

Hi all, I'm getting married at Azul Beach on July 30.  We have to submit our final payment in about three weeks, so we're in decision-making mode!

I need to decide where to hold our wedding reception/dinner.  I was given the options of a beach reception or Blue International restaurant, which apparently they will close down for the event.  From what I hear, the Blue International Terrace is ideal, but I was told we need a minimum of 50 people for that space.  We will have about 35 people. 

The beach would be pretty, but I've heard that it's windy and bugs might be an issue.  And it may be hot -- our dinner is at 6:30 pm.  Does anyone know how they set up the restaurant for a reception?  Are people spread all over, or do they move tables around so we're all in the same space?

I have never been to the resort, so I'm curious how they would set things up for the events.  Where are the rest of you holding your events?  For those who've been to the resort, any recommendations on these options?

Thanks! 

Hi!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I am getting married there on 5-28-11 and we leave for Mexico on Tuesday!

We are having our reception at the Blue Terrace but was thinking of the Blue International Restaurant because its air conditioned.  My Mom and I went on a site  visit last July and I have tons of photos and I can take more when I am there next week.

Will they give you the entire Blue International Rest. for your reception? Its kind of a choppy setup but I prefer it to the beach but that's just my opinion and I really did not want to have the ceremony on the beach.

Quote:v
Originally Posted by LauraMinn View Post

Hi all, I'm getting married at Azul Beach on July 30.  We have to submit our final payment in about three weeks, so we're in decision-making mode!

I need to decide where to hold our wedding reception/dinner.  I was given the options of a beach reception or Blue International restaurant, which apparently they will close down for the event.  From what I hear, the Blue International Terrace is ideal, but I was told we need a minimum of 50 people for that space.  We will have about 35 people. 

The beach would be pretty, but I've heard that it's windy and bugs might be an issue.  And it may be hot -- our dinner is at 6:30 pm.  Does anyone know how they set up the restaurant for a reception?  Are people spread all over, or do they move tables around so we're all in the same space?

I have never been to the resort, so I'm curious how they would set things up for the events.  Where are the rest of you holding your events?  For those who've been to the resort, any recommendations on these options?

Thanks! 

Melissa.....Yay!  You finally made it to Junior status and can open attachments now that you don't need to do it anymore!  Too bad...at least maybe you can give back to other brides and help them like you were helped by Best Destination Wedding, especially Azul threads....the brides are sooo helpful!  Thanks to all you wonderful brides that have helped us throughout the past year!  We couldn't have done it without you all!

Thanks!  They told me that they would close the Blue International restaurant down for the reception.  I was a little surprised at that, since we only have 35 people.  I haven't been on site, but from what I can see of the photos, the restaurant set up does look a little choppy.  That's why I was wondering if it would be an awkward setting for the reception.  I'd love to see any photos you have or if you learn anything while you're down there.

Good luck with your wedding Melissa!  You're really in the home stretch now. 

Wow! Thanks to all the M's for the responses and this thread is really heating up! I have not signed any contract yet so I will push for 500 bucks as 800 is just crazy - total price gouging. Also, any final word on whether they are charging per day? E.g. If I want photographer for 3 days of events it is still the one time fee or are they planning to charge for each day??? As for locations ladies, great diiscussion on Beach vs other. I visited the site a few weeks ago... The Villa was by far our fav venue but the price was simply too Rich for us and they won't let us just rent it for the day. We really liked the beach location for the ceremony, but now I am wondering about the wind factor...In the other thread, the brides said the wind in November is OK but nt sure about other months The restaurant does seem a bit funky, however the terrace is so lovely that I think less is more...35 people on the terrace would be perfect as the center could be used as a dance floor IMO. I wonder if you can decide on the venue when you get there, provided no other weddings are happening at that time... I fell in love with the sky terrace when I saw pics online, but it was closed due to construction when I was there and they are definitely behind on their completion dates for the new units. No way they will be ready before the new year. Melissa - so excited for you!!! It will be amazing! Don't think I'd be able to sleep :) Don't forget to take mental snapshots along the way as many brides spend so much time worrying and planning that they forget to let go and just enjoy... Again, loving this thread girls and looking forward to helping each other out more!!! Marianne

LauraMinn- let us know how the restaurant goes. I guessed around 50 peope not including myself and fiancé. We have it for the terrace as of now. I haven't sent out my invitations so that's a guestimate but I already have 22 adults and about 10 kids who booked already. Very exciting! Marianne - I didn't ask if it's per day. I hope not in my photo package I have her for the welcome dinner, wedding and a TTD. Hopefully it's just a one time fee. I'm doing a beach ceremony in April hopefully it's not too windy. But I know we need microphones so everyone can hear. I've seen in pics that they do use the center for a dance floor which I believe is what we are going to do. We were actually going to do the light up floor but we don't need it since the reception will be on the terrace. Melissa - We need full on details on everything once you get back wi lots of pics! Congratulations 5 days till your wedding :)