Photo

What about those plastic (often colourful and ugly ) resort bracelets??

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 islandbride8

islandbride8
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:27 AM

I think as long as you save them, you should be fine.  Don't lose them or they will charge.  my resort charges $90 if you lose it!!!!

#12 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the info, bracelets are defnitely not something I want in my pics

#13 ashley1316

ashley1316
      • 353 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

I just got back from my wedding last week. and ya, just cut them off then the next day go to the front desk and bring your braclet, they will make u fill out a form and give u a new one. not a problem :o)

#14 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Good to know!

Originally Posted by ashley1316 

I just got back from my wedding last week. and ya, just cut them off then the next day go to the front desk and bring your braclet, they will make u fill out a form and give u a new one. not a problem :o)

#15 jamieirene

jamieirene
        • 650 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ashley1316 

I am hoping you got married at a RIU hotel? I am not wearing that UGLY red thing in my pics nor will My guests I need info! 

: )

#16 redginger

redginger
          • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

When the hotel staff places the bracelets on you and your guests upon check-in, ask them to make sure the bracelets are loose enough so that you can slip them on and off. They shouldn't object to that. I think if you're careful, you won't lose it that easily!

Originally Posted by richarsd 

Hi ladies,

Just wondering what you plan to do or have done on your wedding day with the bracelets that the resorts make everyone wear on their wrists as ID. At our resort, they let the bride and groom take theirs off on the wedding day, but wedding couple only - not the groomsmen or bridesmaids. Call this my one wedding quirk, but I cannot stand the thought of seeing those wrist bands in my wedding photos! I have seen some pics where the girls each had their own costume jewelry bracelets that they just put over to cover. Anyone do this?? Did it work well? But then what about the guys?? I'm wondering what the resort would do if my entire wedding party just accidentally "lost" or "ripped" their wrist bands...I wonder if there's a replacement fee? Any ideas appreciated! Thanks :)

#17 cbritto

cbritto
            • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

I didn't even think about this! Thanks for sharing, I will be sure to ask my resort their policy on this before the wedding, because I def do not want neon bracelets in all my pics!!!

#18 KerryL613

KerryL613
              • 113 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

I hadn't even thought of this!  thanks!

#19 jmastr05

jmastr05
                • 189 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

I had a slightly different experience. Our resort gladly took off anyone's bracelet who was in our wedding (without cutting through it). They held the bracelets behind the desk for when we wanted them back. But if we cut our own bracelets off, they'd treat it as a lost bracelet, and charge $125/bracelet.

#20 jillybeans127

jillybeans127
                  • 165 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

This never crossed my mind but now that I think about it I really don't want to see those ugly bracelets in our pictures. In this case I think pleading ignorance is the best policy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users