Jamaican Favors

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 nmw134

• 98 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

I love that idea! It will definitely be a conversation piece!

#22 cGd41812

• 154 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

we are doing the spice thing, as well I am going to get some sand from jamaica get our photographer to take pics of us filling the jars, im then going to get it coloured with our wedding colours and put the pic on the tins with my FI and I holding a sign saying wish you were here, but well bring jamaica back for you....... both of these things will be tied with Jamaican coloured string.

Hope this helps

very cute idea!

#23 canadiangirl

• 1,252 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

yeah i love the sayings, as ive added a ton into my welcome book for my guests to get a kick out of! so much fun

Originally Posted by Chantalle 

Hi! I'm a brand new member as of today! I'm also gettin married at the Gran Bahia Principe! May,09/2012! I've never been there but I've heard amazing things about it!
        I'm also doing the Jamaican Jerk Spice as a favor, and for my tags I'm going to put funny Jamaican sayings on my tags.
        Jamaican Saying: Chicken merry, hawk deh near.
        Meaning: Be careful when things are going too good for you as its always possible that danger is around the corner.

Jamaican Saying: "Wanti wanti can't get it, getti getti no want it"
        Meaning: The grass is always greener on the other side.

Its something fun and entertaining to read. :)

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#24 hdinsmor

• 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

I definitely want to do the spice thing for my AHR.  Anyone find any other cute sayings?  I also love the saying in the wedding booklet....going to copy that too!  Haha! 

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

#25 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

i was going to do a Love is Brewing and offer each guest some Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee...but i nixed that idea when I found a San Antonio blend of coffee...my honey and i now reside in SAT and we got engaged here so i thought it would be cool to have a little piece of 'home' in our OOT bags.

but i still like the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee idea.

just thought i'd share.

as always, happy planning!!

#26 hdinsmor

• 178 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:00 AM

I love the coffee idea too!  Thanks for sharing! 

Marrying My Aussie Prince on 9-10-11 at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users