Photo

Jamaican Favors

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

I am glad you all liked the spice idea! i have finally finished making them and I have to tell you they are too cute! Love them! We have a label on top of the tins that show two fish kissing with our names and wedding date under it! we then put them in small colored organza bags from Michaels and attached a cute thank you tab! I love them!

#12 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
    • 335 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

So I went ahead and put those jerk spice favours together already! I was so eager to see how they were going to turn out, that I just couldn't wait!  If only I was this eager to do other things in my life! lol!

So I thought I would share the finished product with you ladies, in case anyone else is searching for ideas! Let me know what you think!

IMG_0951.JPG

#13 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
      • Site Supporter
      • 131 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Nice job!!! I was going to buy individual spices in JA but this idea should be WAY CHEAPER!

Thanks!

#14 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Great job! I like how yours are much bigger then mine!

Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

So I went ahead and put those jerk spice favours together already! I was so eager to see how they were going to turn out, that I just couldn't wait!  If only I was this eager to do other things in my life! lol!

So I thought I would share the finished product with you ladies, in case anyone else is searching for ideas! Let me know what you think!

IMG_0951.JPG

#15 baileybutton

baileybutton
          • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

If you search appleton (sp?) rum someone posted a thread about 200ml rum favors.

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#16 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

we are doing the spice thing, as well I am going to get some sand from jamaica get our photographer to take pics of us filling the jars, im then going to get it coloured with our wedding colours and put the pic on the tins with my FI and I holding a sign saying wish you were here, but well bring jamaica back for you....... both of these things will be tied with Jamaican coloured string.

Hope this helps

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#17 Ms Di

Ms Di
              • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

Great ideas everyone

#18 STAC8228

STAC8228
                • 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

the seasoning is really cute! try googling jamaican sayings & work off that? sorry but my brain isnt working, so i cant think of anything

#19 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

your right stacy.... i looked it up today and there is a ton of stuff (adding it into my welcome booklet, just for something fun) lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#20 Chantalle

Chantalle
                    • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Hi! I'm a brand new member as of today! I'm also gettin married at the Gran Bahia Principe! May,09/2012! I've never been there but I've heard amazing things about it! I'm also doing the Jamaican Jerk Spice as a favor, and for my tags I'm going to put funny Jamaican sayings on my tags. Eg: Jamaican Saying: Chicken merry, hawk deh near. Meaning: Be careful when things are going too good for you as its always possible that danger is around the corner. Jamaican Saying: "Wanti wanti can't get it, getti getti no want it" Meaning: The grass is always greener on the other side. Its something fun and entertaining to read. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users