Photo

send invite to someone who responded "no" to STD?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 skp1

skp1
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

I'm in the process of putting together my invites and am not sure who to mail them to.  I have some people who are definite yeses, some people who didn't respond to the STD (not that they were required to) and a few who said they most likely can't come.  I'm not sure what the etiquette is about sending an invite.  Do I sent and invite to everyone I sent a STD to?  Or do I skip those who probably won't come?  I don't want anyone to feel insulted just in case their plans change, but I also dint want it to seem like I'm just inviting them for a present.  What has everyone else done?

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#2 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
    • 899 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

I'd say no need to send invites to those that replied no.  Their quick decision/reply either says they have plans already or don't have the $ for a trip.  They know the details should their situation change though. 

#3 MDLady

MDLady
      • 433 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I had a few of those people on my list and I sent invites to them as a keepsake.  I did let them know that I knew and understood their decision but wanted to send them an official invitation in case they wanted to keep it.  But it's definitely not necessary.

#4 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
        • 296 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

We are definitely sending everyone an invite, even if we know they won't be able to make it.  I think it's a nice gesture, and it lets them know that they are "officially" included and thought of, and gives everyone a chance to formally accept or decline.  I agree with MDLady about the keepsake aspect too.  :)

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#5 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
          • 157 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

We also sent them to everyone. I didn't want anyone to feel like they were uninvited or left out.

and you dont get a present if you dont send an invite :)

#6 jeanny

jeanny
            • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

I would definitely send everyone an invite.    It doesn't matter if they say they cannot come, it's worse to not be invited.   Everyone I sent my announcements out to definitely are getting invites, even if they verbally tell me they cannot come.

#7 skp1

skp1
              • 405 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

Thanks all - looks like the consensus is to send to everyone. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#8 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

I was wondering about this too even though I have yet to send out STD's or anything.  I'd feel broken hearted if I didn't get an invitation too...although I don't think I would have thought about it from that POV if I hadn't seen this post.  

#9 wendyL77

wendyL77
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

You know I went back and forth with this. When i got my list from my family of people I have to send STD's too, and I didnt really know them. I felt completly uncomfortable sending out STD's then invitations and then AHR invitations. So after I sent the STD's I have now decided to skip the formal invitation. I have a wedding website, I know basically who is coming and I think those on the fence are smart enough to know they dont need a formal invite. So now I am sending my AHR information with sorta of a wedding announcement on them. I just cant see spending all that money for no reason.

#10 merrylee

merrylee
                    • 687 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by wendyL77 

You know I went back and forth with this. When i got my list from my family of people I have to send STD's too, and I didnt really know them.

You still were asked to send out STD's for people you didn't know?  Crazy.  I thought you got out of that because you are having a DW, or at least I am getting out of it for that reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users