Chic Concepts vs Mar Weddings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gowiththeflow

• 125 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:27 AM

So with 10 weeks to go, I am freaking out! I'm just so worried that our wedding day will not run smoothly, so we have decided to look into a day-of coordinator. We have received quotes from Chic Concepts and Mar Weddings. Both are reasonable. I have seen good things about Mar, but nothing about Chic Concepts. Does anyone have any experiences they could share? Thank you so much!

#2 kball21

• Site Supporter
    • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

If you don't mind me asking, how much does something like that cost? I have the same anxiety feeling about everything going right the day of!

#3 gowiththeflow

• 125 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yeah no problem! Mar quoted $400 for 40 people, so I believe it is $10pp. Chic concepts was $495 for 40. I also asked detailed questions regarding what was included. Mar stays until the last guest leaves, while Chic concepts leaves during dinner. 

#4 adcarter41

• 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

I've never heard of Chic concepts but I am using Mar weddings for my wedding in March. I've been happy with how the planning has gone so far.

#5 gowiththeflow

• 125 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

I just wanted to give a quick update in case anyone else was wondering about this. We decided to go with Mar Weddings. I decided on them for the reasons I mentioned above. It started off as day-of planning, but due to glitches with Dreams, we canceled our wedding at Dreams (still staying there) and are now getting married at Le Kliff.  Gabriela from Mar has been great! She really talked me down when I was freaking.  She is not doing too much for us, just flowers and cake in addition to the services we had previously agreed on.  She is not charging us more even though she is doing more and plans were changed.  Response time has been good, although I think she has some big events coming up soon that she is busy with.  I don't really need much from her, so it's not a big deal. I would highly recommend based on my experiences so far.  

#6 jmred

• 15 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:53 PM

Can you give me contact information for Chic Concepts - I used the email address on their website (info@) and it bounced back twice!

I also contacted Mar Weddings - I'll let you know about my experience.

#7 PalapaGirl

• Site Supporter
              • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

I'm using Tamara and Patty at Chic Concepts for my wedding at Dreams in May, and they have been great and very responsive so far.  Here is their email:  chicconcepts@hotmail.com

#8 Iamalldiva

• 163 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

@ gowiththeflow - can you give the websites for Chic Concepts and Mar Weddings? I'm interested in looking at their services..... Thanks!!!

#9 MoniluvsMase

• 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I am considering using Mar Weddings for my upcoming wedding in Puerto Vallarta.  Does anyone have updated reviews/information on their services?  Are the creative?  I have also inquired with Mishka Designs. If anyone has information on either i would greatly appreciate it!

#10 JennaLea

• 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

@MoniluvsMase I contacted both Mar Weddings and Chic Concepts, and decided on Chic Concepts. Both are good, I just found more info on CC and that made me feel better about my decision. They're amazing! 

They work with Mishka Designs as well, she seems amazing as well, both have been around for so long and have so many good reviews out there! Thats what makes these destination weddings so hard, we're SO far planning a wedding in a place we don't know very well. So we go off reviews and these forums, it's a lot of investigating and time! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users